Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3 Layer Gore-Tex Respiration Positive fabricl durable hydroseal coated waterproof nylon floor, fully taped seams
- Single overhead shock corded Delrin pole, no-see-um netting covers opening and end opening zipper with wide storm flap
- Sleeping pad straps, sized to fit thicker mats, five stake loops, one guy line loop
- High volume foot section and small internal mesh pocket
- Avg weight 30.3oz/859g, Packed size: 15 1/4"x 4"x4"/39cm x 10cm x 10cm, Length: 84in/221cm, Max width: 26"/66cm, Peak heigth: 20"/50cm
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Ultimate protection in a Bivy
The largest of our bivy sacks, the spacious Advanced Bivy provides the most space for thicker sleeping pads and loftier bags, and can be used in place of a single-person tent. The patented dual-pole system increases ventilation and interior space, or the second pole can be left behind when weight and pack space are critical. GORE-TEX Respiration Positive fabric allows warm, moist air to escape but blocks outside weather, minimizing condensation while providing supreme protection from the elements. A zippered vent at the base improves airflow on humid nights.
- Highly-breathable GORE-TEX fabric body
- Durable Hydroseal coated floor
- Anti-fungal coating on floor
- Fully taped seams
- Overhead and circumferential dual Delrin pole system
- Pole system allows multiple configurations for opening
- Removable no-see-um netting covers opening
- Sleeping pad straps (pat. #5,941,264)
- Sized to fit thicker mats
- High-volume toe-end with zippered vent
- Toe-end zipper with wide storm flap
- Five stake loops
- Three guy line loops
- Small internal mesh pocket
FEATURES of the Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy Waterproof Highly-breathable Gore-Tex fabric body Durable Hydroseal coated floor Anti-fungal coating on floor Fully taped seams Single, shock-corded overhead Delrin pole No-see-um netting at opening Sleeping pad straps Sized to fit thicker mats High-volume toe-end Five stake loops, one guy line loop Small internal mesh pocket
Color: Mojo Blue | Size: 1size
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerSHIPPING & HANDLING: WE ONLY SHIP TO CONFIRMED ACCOUNTS. The buyer is responsible for all shipping & handling fees, including all additional shipping & handling fees required for worldwide destinations. All items are thoughtfully and carefully packaged and we take great effort insuring that you will receive your item through either UPS or USPS. You may request any additional shipping & handling services, rush delivery at your additional expense. Shipping charge includes insurance. Shipping fees include the standard UPS or USPS fees. Handling fees include time, care, and packaging/shipping supply fees necessary for all shipping. No exceptions unless otherwise agreed.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Keeps you warm!! This thing really helps to keep in your body heat. I slept with it unzipped and open for many of the nights (when I wasn't concerned about centipedes. It does have a screen that you can zip up, so it is versatile with regard to temperature.
2. Keeps you dry!! I stayed dry in this thing while pinned to the ground by torrential (and I mean torrential!) rain. It was so much fun!
3. Super light weight. This was the perfect choice for my trip, and for hiking too. So light. And yes, that means small. Some people might be uncomfortable or feel claustrophobic...but that's the trade off for such a lightweight tent. It's a coffin. But I felt very comfortable. I was always able to turn on my side or change to some other position in my sleep with no issues. You can't really keep gear inside with you...that might be a drawback for some. I pulled my bags and gear in with me a couple nights when it rained, and it worked in a pinch...everything stayed dry and I got sleep even with everything lying on top of me. That was just during some hard rain though...on nights when it rained lighter, I just covered my gear with the tarp I usually slept on. I never tried to put my sleeping pad inside the tent--always outside...just seemed to make more sense.
4. Durable. This thing is awesome. It keeps up with my very extreme lifestyle. I usually don't leave reviews, but I love this thing so much. And the company too.
There are no CONS to this thing, but it still may not be what you're looking for. Consider your needs!
I love researching gear.
Roomy? Yes (nobody likes a restrictive suffocating bivy).
Why not get it?
Haven't tested it to its highest potential, but so far it did its job.