Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero Hat
|Price:||$46.51 - $75.00|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- 100% Nylon/100% Polyester Lining
- Foam-Stiffened Brim Floats
- Waterproof, breathable rain hat for outdoor adventures or everyday wear
- Made of three-layer 70D Taslan GORE-TEX fabric
- Brushed tricot crown for comfort and moisture management
- 2-3/4-inch brim, foam-stiffened brim floats
- Hook/loop tabs on brim and dome, and removable chin cord
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Tested in some of the heartiest downpours the world has to offer, the Backpacker Magazine award-winning "Sea Som" is a rainy day classic. The shell offers ultimate waterproof protection, and the brushed lining wicks perspiration away from the skin. The shaped brim directs water away from the skin. The shaped brim directs water away from your face in monsoon-like conditions.
Tested in some of the heartiest downpours the world has to offer, the Seattle Sombrero rain hat from Outdoor Research was a winner of Backpacker Magazine's 2005 Editors' Choice Gold Award. Constructed of a three-layer 70D Taslan GORE-TEX fabric, the Seattle Sombrero provides a durable, waterproof barrier against the elements while remaining breathable. It has a brushed tricot crown for comfort and moisture management, and an internal Cinch-Band adjustment. Other features include a 2-3/4-inch brim, foam-stiffened brim floats, color-matching hook/loop tabs on brim and dome, and removable chin cord with cord lock.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Sent it back and ordered a new one.
Got the second one and while it didn't have a bad crease, it still was crushed to the point that the brim was wonky. Also where the hat meets the brim there was a lot of material puckering on one side. That means too much material which means that someone is flying through their job sewing those together and quality control is bare minimum. Outdoor Research needs to do an updated hat and make the prices the same. No reason the camo version is 40 bux more, or a different color $20. Just silly.
I tried rain jackets with hoods but they either blow off of your head in the slightest breeze or block your vision, and your face still ends up wet and your hair gets all matted.
If you have to be in the rain for more than just a couple of minutes and don't feel like being all wet than this is the hat for you.
1. It stays on your head. For light breezes you won't even need the chinstrap and can flip it behind you so it lays on your back out of the way.
2. The brim is nice and wide so that your face, ears, neck and much of your shoulders stay dry. If you talk on the phone, your phone stays dry. If you wear glasses they stay dry too.
3. The hat is very light weight so you can wear it and not end up with severe "hat head hair".
4. Unlike most of my hoods and hoodies, it doesn't block my vision at all.
5. The hat looks stylish and goes well with my spurs and six shooter. It is called the Seattle Sombrero after all.
1. You have to remember to bring it with you.
It folds into a very small package and rebounds for the folding with no problems. I'd absolutely bring it on camping or hiking trips.
Most recent customer reviews
In the wind and rain the hat protects my head and neck well with it's sturdy construction.