Customer Reviews: Outdoor Research Swift Cap Sun Hat, 472-Diablo/Dark Grey, One Size
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Cycling on Amazon

Size: One Size|Color: 472-Diablo/Dark Grey|Change
Price:$15.70 - $28.90

on July 14, 2013
The Pros: This is a well-ventilated, lightweight, sweat-absorbing cap that keeps the sun off your head and out of your eyes. The adjustment strap tucks away nicely out-of-sight; The adjustment is reasonably easy to accomplish, and the plastic adjusting clip holds the strap firmly in place.

The Cons: One very minor one. This hat is advertized to be a one size fits; but not necessarily a one-size-fits-all. This cap seems to favor a larger, hairier head. Since I have a small, folically-challanged head, I wear a size 7 hat, so I have to adjust the sizing strap on this cap so far back that the back of the cap puckers up significantly. At my age I don't need anything else puckering up behind me.

All that said, I'd still recommend this cap to anyone looking for a cap that's so comfortable that you'll probably forget your wearing it.
VINE VOICEon October 25, 2014
I purchased this Swift cap in both Evergreen/Dark Grey and Crocus/Dark Grey colors. I had only planned to keep one, but once I started wearing one and found out it was great, I decided to also keep the other color to coordinate with different outfits.

I also purchased the OR Switchback cap and find this Swift cap has many of the same benefits.

* very lightweight nylon material - feels like you are not even wearing a hat
* grey mesh liner/ exposed mesh sides make it very breathable
* adjustable strap with plastic slider, ponytail compatible
* shape fits well
* brim is made of a lightweight stiff plastic covered with the main fabric
* material folds up easily (although brim does not fold in half, hat still folds/scrunches up very small and can be put into a pocket or bag)
* machine washable! came out great out of the washing machine, easy care (I also put it in the dryer (NOT recommended - should line/air dry) intended for a few minutes and forgot to take it out so it was in the dryer a long time - it still came out great/new looking, an unexpectedly durable product)
* protects from the sun (UV blocking)
* available in many colors
* decent looking
* would be good for any outdoor activities or just daily wear
* unisex styling and fit - I cannot speak to how this fits on very large heads (it fits fine on typical female and male heads that I have tried this on)

A couple of comments on appearance... I did not like the somewhat prominent grey color "OR" embroidery on the evergreen cap, so I *carefully* removed the stitching with a seam ripper. I then steamed the area with an iron and machine washed it. You cannot even tell that the embroidery was there. This evergreen color is a muted olive/army green with medium grey mesh sides and is good for blending into the scenery when hiking in the woods. It is very nonconspicuous and somewhat boring (especially after removing the OR logo). The crocus color is a nice medium pink with a slight purple tone (somewhat orchid-ish). It is a girly color that attracts attention. The "OR" embroidery stitching is a crocus color, matched to the fabric, so it is not that prominent and not too bad for appearance. The various colors available can make the hats look very different, so it would not be so obvious that someone is wearing the same hat in a different color.

Highly recommended. I have been impressed with the Outdoor Research products I have tried and they also have a lifetime warranty "Infinite Guarantee" (never needed to use).
on May 27, 2012
The cap was as described in the product description. The color 'diablo/dark grey" was a little different than I expected. But not game breaker. The cap has an airy mesh base. There is a nylon over layer from the brim to the back of the cap. This layer protects the top of you head as well as forehead from the sun. The mesh and the separate over layer provides a very well ventilated cap. The brim is firm and of adequate length to provide shade from the sun. It fits well and is adjustable.

Just what I was looking for. Protection from the sun. Yet a very light and well ventilated cap. It can also be washed. All in all a great "outdoors" hat for the summer months.
on February 29, 2012
Im bald/shaven and I live in Tallahasse, Florida. So needless to say I need to cover my head. The hat provides nice cover and the mesh sides give me plenty of ventilation to keep my head cool and allow the breeze to get in. The hats fit well, hold up over time and are priced well. Shipping was fast.
on December 24, 2013
One size does not fit all. I wear a size 7.5 hat (large, but not extra large). This hat is a little too small for me. The width is OK, but the height is short. The rim comes down to half an inch above my ears, while most hats come down to my ears on the sides. I wish they made this hat in small and large sizes, like most other hats in this price range.
on September 4, 2011
Some of the baseball type hats for the outdoor adventures are the wrong type. Cotton absorbs water and ball caps don't just cut the expectations. This Swift hat is my favorite Go-to hat, I bought 2 of them! Every detail is well thought out. I have a medium sized head and when the hat is on, the bottom edges do not touch my ears and interfere with the sunglass arms already in contact with my ear. I love the colours also! The hat ventilates nicely during the summer and it's TAN panel does not attract and hold the heat in place. As I'm famous for saying about products I love; Don't buy ONE; Buy TWO of them! LOL
on December 24, 2012
it needs to be built a bit deeper .
I sits on my HEAD kind of shallow and could
easily be BLOWN AWAY - user experience
will likely differ depending on the users HEAD SIZE
on April 28, 2014
I am using this hat for backpacking. It keeps my bald head covered and cool! The fit is perfect and looks great. My head usually sweats a lot with a hat on, but this hat is as cool as they come!! Also keeps the rain shower off your head and out of your eyes. I highly recommend this hat for any activity from hiking, boating, or beach.
on May 31, 2013
The Bill of the cap was sewn on crooked. Its looks lop-sided and one side is sewn further on the side of the caps bill. It is slightly uncomfortable when worn and looks ridiculous when looked at from the front. Also the side hem is bunched up, looks like the Sewing machinist/Seamstress left to much slack on the fabric.

I might buy another in hopes I get a better put together cap or make sure I make a thorough inspection of the cap before I remove the tags and wear it. I would also advise anyone else who purchases this cap to do so. Good luck to everyone else.
on June 27, 2016
This is the second OR Swift hat I've owned. The first one, hopefully, had a random defect that caused the fitting clasp to meet an early demise. I glued it and limped it along for another couple years because it is a very comfortable hat and I didn't want to lose it so soon. It was worth rolling the dice to see if this one will last longer and so far I have no indication that this hat has the same issue as the last. Sometimes you just get a dud in life. I've tried several different running hats from Asics, Adidas, and others and this is by far the best.

I wear this primarily for running. I have a shaved head and I find the hat to be comfortable without any seams or constriction. I am a very salty sweater and this cleans up well just by running it under the sink for a minute and letting it air dry.