Outdoor Research Swift Sun Hat,One Size
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Supplex 100% Nylon
- Wicking and Breathable Mesh Crown
- Plastic Stiffened Brim
- Breathable, lightweight and wicking
- Wicking Transaction Headband
- Quick Release Buckle Closure
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Cpsia Warning||No Warning Applicable|
|Fabric Type||Supplex 100% Nylon|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 10 x 5 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1 pound|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Lens Color||Black / Dark Grey|
|Product Care Instructions||Machine Wash|
|Shipping Weight||0.02 pounds|
|Special Size Type||One Size (7 1/8-7 5/8)|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
|Style Name||Swift Cap|
Top Customer Reviews
The Cons: One very minor one. This hat is advertized to be a one size fits; but not necessarily a one-size-fits-all. This cap seems to favor a larger, hairier head. Since I have a small, folically-challanged head, I wear a size 7 hat, so I have to adjust the sizing strap on this cap so far back that the back of the cap puckers up significantly. At my age I don't need anything else puckering up behind me.
All that said, I'd still recommend this cap to anyone looking for a cap that's so comfortable that you'll probably forget your wearing it.
I also purchased the OR Switchback cap and find this Swift cap has many of the same benefits.
* very lightweight nylon material - feels like you are not even wearing a hat
* grey mesh liner/ exposed mesh sides make it very breathable
* adjustable strap with plastic slider, ponytail compatible
* shape fits well
* brim is made of a lightweight stiff plastic covered with the main fabric
* material folds up easily (although brim does not fold in half, hat still folds/scrunches up very small and can be put into a pocket or bag)
* machine washable! came out great out of the washing machine, easy care (I also put it in the dryer (NOT recommended - should line/air dry) intended for a few minutes and forgot to take it out so it was in the dryer a long time - it still came out great/new looking, an unexpectedly durable product)
* protects from the sun (UV blocking)
* available in many colors
* decent looking
* would be good for any outdoor activities or just daily wear
* unisex styling and fit - I cannot speak to how this fits on very large heads (it fits fine on typical female and male heads that I have tried this on)
A couple of comments on appearance... I did not like the somewhat prominent grey color "OR" embroidery on the evergreen cap, so I *carefully* removed the stitching with a seam ripper. I then steamed the area with an iron and machine washed it. You cannot even tell that the embroidery was there.Read more ›
Just what I was looking for. Protection from the sun. Yet a very light and well ventilated cap. It can also be washed. All in all a great "outdoors" hat for the summer months.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Outdoor Research sun hat is perfect for long distance backpacking trips or any extended period exposed to the sun. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Megan G.
Perfect hat, this is the only hat i will ever wear, ive worn them for several years i own about 10 of them.Published 4 days ago by Larry collins
This cap far exceeded my expectations. It is light yet absorbent. The bill is a good length for keeping the sun out of my eyes on early morning runs. It also packs well. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
These are my favorite hats for running and hiking. I own two pairs.Published 15 days ago by J. P. Smith
The bill is crooked. I went to REI to try to buy one with a properly attached bill. The three on the rack were as bad as mine.
Obviously no quality control, just junk!
Great lightweight and quick-dry hat for hiking, tennis, running and just about everything else. Super well vented, comfortable on hot and humid days. Read morePublished 17 days ago by ahilltopper
I would give this 10 stars if I could. I sweat a lot and this keeps about 95% of that out of my eyes. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Daniel P. Furr