Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 172 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 177 reviews
on July 6, 2012
I bought this product for a trip to Scandinavia (lots of sun there in the summer). Overall, it's a great product that is useful in both the heat and the cold against the sun.

Pros:
- Wide brim
- Good chin & head adjustments. We rode bikes in the wind, but the hat stayed firmly on after I adjusted the cap on top.
- Light-weight, easily folded (great for travel)

Cons:
- In 90F+/30C+, it does get a bit sweaty on the forehead due to lack of ventilation.
on April 21, 2015
This is my favorite hat I've ever had. I usually get a cheaper hat every season and wear them out. I have lupus and flare if I don't have adequate sun protection but I like to be outdoors, so I've experimented with different kinds of hats and found a few factors that were important to me.

1. Durable material. Most important because I toss my hat all over the car, sometimes under other gear. This hat can be crushed and pop back no problem, the rim is of a nicer foam than I expected! The material and stitching on this hat are just beautiful. They are rugged but elegant enough. The directions say you can wash in the machine on cold, air dry only. I would rather wash by hand anyway though.

2. Lightweight and comfortable. The material on this hat is sturdy, but the design makes this a very light hat. It feels effortless on my head. Better than thickly woven floppy straw hats. The Large is 23.5" (found info in their own website) and it fits my 23" head like it was made for me. I have thick hair too. You can adjust the tightness a little bit with a small string on the back of the cap, but they are true to size I think, at least!

3. Looks non-dorky. My expectations here aren't too picky, but just to put it in perspective, I've had this hat on my wish list for a year before I got it - I love how it looks and it exceeded my wishes. The material is beautiful and feels so pleasant. The print on the bottom of the brim adds a bit of uniqueness. But if you take a close look at the cap, it's a very simple, beautiful pattern. And the brim is slightly oval, not circular, which I think looks nice in person versus all my previous hats which were round.

4. Of course, Sun Protection. This hat has 50UPF, right? Either way, it covers enough!

The cord is a nice addition, I don't mind it after I saw how nicely it was attached and unobtrusive it is, plus useful to hang your hat off things if necessary.

I would love one of these in every color, but the lightest, Sand, is the one I chose and I think it's lovely. Get this hat, or the one with the vent and rain cover! ;)
on January 2, 2013
I bought this hat because it was the least dorky looking boonie hat I could find :-) I love the color--such a nice change from khaki/sand/stone color of most hats of this style. The crown has a nice shape that makes it fit well--clearly designed for a woman's head. The hat is very good quality
on May 11, 2017
This is really a fantastic sun hat. It really shields your face from the sun. It is lightweight and looks really good on.
I wore it bike riding a lot and it helped to use the strap on windy days. It looks high end and is of great quality. I
definitely recommend this hat. I lost mine and am going to buy another one.
on August 4, 2017
I have a giant head. Seriously. The typical woman's XL is a joke for me. I can wear baseball caps and that's about it. I wanted something with 360* coverage and didn't have much hope. BUT I found this hat and it is perfect for wearing at the baby pool/splash pad with my 2yo in Texas! It has a large (but not comically large) brim and is made from quick-drying fabric. Definitely a bright pink- not red at all-but pretty. Has a tie that I usually put behind my face rather than under my chin but it has come in handy for windy days. I finally can wear a girl hat and it makes me so excited!!!
on July 10, 2013
This is a terrific hat if you spend a lot of time outdoors and want to avoid the sun on your face and bugs buzzing around your head. It is very light and comfortable. I especially like that one can adjust both the headband and the chin strap for a perfect fit. I typically have a difficult time finding women's hats to fit my small head - I ordered a size S/P and it fits perfectly. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. These hats (I've owned others) last a LONG time, by the way, and survive many washings and heavy wear. Other reviewers have mentioned two negatives: that it is hot and that it will blow off in the wind. I haven't found it to be hot at all. The crown material is actually thin and ventilated sufficiently. Also I bought the lightest color possible, which may help. However, the brim is sufficiently stiff to be lifted easily in a strong wind, so it may not be so good in a very windy climate though I haven't experienced any problems with it.
on March 12, 2017
Outdoor Research makes high quality hats in multiple sizes, which I greatly appreciate because most women's hats are one size. (I have a large head ... embarrassing!) This is a lightweight sunhat with a broad brim, and it provides lots of shade. Great hat.
on July 8, 2017
Of all the things I got to take on a recent two-week trip out west, this hat was by far the best. Very lightweight, easy to pack, and comfortable to wear. The brim is large enough to keep the sun off my face, neck, and ears. And the strap and adjustable cord meant my hat stayed put in the wind.

Only complaint is the red line it leaves across my forehead after wearing it a while. But I guess that's the price of a wind-resistant fit.
on January 1, 2013
This a great looking hat of lightweight, high tech design. It looks very prominent and feminine and has a draw string to keep it in place on windy days. I use it for kayaking, and it serves both as a head, neck, ear and shoulder sun protector, and as a beacon - it is very visible on the water from miles away, making it a safe boating choice.

The only "funny" thing about this hat is the color. Depending whether you're out in natural light or indoors or whether it's cloudy or sunny, the hat can look anywhere from bloody red to pink to off pink. I was mad at first because I thought I bought a red hat, but the chameleon quality of its color is cute. Anyway, if you think it's a red hat - it's not.
on March 5, 2016
I love this hat! I take a couple beach/cruise vacations a year and am always looking for the perfect hat -- something that protects me from the some without being too warm. This is so cute and comfortable. I like that I can wear it even in the wind since it has a chin strap. There's also a way to adjust the brim a bit and that's great because if I have my hair up I need it a little looser. I'm going to buy it in an additional color.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.