- File Size: 4120 KB
- Print Length: 98 pages
- Publisher: Dell; Reissue edition (July 22, 2009)
- Publication Date: July 22, 2009
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002TXZS9E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#93,747 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #18 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Parenting & Relationships > Reference
- #68 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- #84 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Sexual Abuse
|Print List Price:||$14.00|
Save $9.01 (64%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
Outgrowing the Pain: A Book for and About Adults Abused As Children Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I have to say, however, I could never understand why some children/adolescents benefited from it and others not when I was a counselor. After retiring, I was converted and since then, I have come to believe that this book is very beneficial to one who also is born again. Psychology by itself just doesn't heal the soul. I know because, although my abuse was not nearly as extensive as the children I worked with, I struggled with worthlessness, inadequacy and such feelings and couldn't shake them even though I could see that I was thinking in a distorted manner; I could also identify my defense mechanisms.... This system helps with understanding abuse and reactionary feelings and behaviors...but it doesn't give hope. God's word and relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, give hope.
Most recent customer reviews
It is a small book, filled with excellent information.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Reference
- Books > Self-Help > Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Sexual Abuse
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help