Outlander Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.48. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$49.00 (71%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Water-resistant and DURABLE. The backpack is made from highly rip and water-resistant nylon fabric, which provides strength and long-lasting performance, with minimal weight. Stress points are reinforced with bar tacking for increased longevity. We use durable 2-way Abrasion Resistant SBS Metal Zippers across the backpack.
- COMPACT. Folds into zippered inner pocket to fit anywhere. Unfolds from pocket to backpack. A must-have on any trip and a great gift for anyone. Dimensions: Unfold: 18.5x13x7.5 inches, Fold: 8.5x8.5x1.2 inches.
- LIGHTWEIGHT (0.7 Pounds) and ROOMY (35 Liters). A true space saver. Stuff the bag into its own pocket for storage and unzip it when you reach your destination. Avoid overweight baggage charges by simply unfolding it from your luggage and using it as a carry on for your excess baggage.
- MULTIPLE COMPARTMENTS. Features a classic shape with several pockets for storage and organization. This backpack has a roomy main compartment, two front zipper pockets to hold small accessories, and two side pockets for water bottles or umbrellas.
- NEW VERSION: Includes aluminum CARABINER, WHISTLE buckle, and REFLECTOR. The included carabiner clip so you can attach things or clip it to things; the chest strap with a whistle buckle help you lock your backpack in place securely. NO FLAPS WITH THE ZIPPER, never struggle with zipping the compartments again! Get Outlander backpacks, don’t worry about zippers that catch onto flaps. All Outlander bags come with our Lifetime Warranty- return, exchange -- whatever it takes.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||2.9 x 8.1 x 13.2 inches|
|Item Weight||0.65 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
Outlander Packable Backpack
With a stylish look, this packable go-anywhere pack is for super-minimalists who make every gram count. Ultra-light. Ultra-durable. Ultra-awesome. The backpack is perfect for day-to-day use or occasional travel.
Folds into zippered inner pocket to fit anywhere. Unfolds from pocket to backpack. Must have on every trip.
Multi Compartments and keep things organized.
Features a classic shape with several pockets for storage and organization. This backpack has a roomy main compartment, two front zipper pockets to hold small accessories, one internal security zippered pocket for valuable items and two side pockets for water bottle or umbrella.
A True Space Saver.
LIGHTWEIGHT (0.7 Pounds) and ROOMY (35 Liters).
Dimensions: Unfold: 18.5x13x7.5 inches, Fold: 8.5x8.5x1.2 inches.
Adding no unnecessary weight to your load. Stuff the bag into its own pocket for storage, and unzip it when you reach your destination.
Avoid overweight charges, simply unfold from your luggage and use it as a carry on for your excess baggage.
The difference is in details.
The backpack is made from highly rip and water resistant nylon fabric, provide strengthen and long-lasting performance with minimal weight.
Stress points are reinforced with bar tacking for increased longevity.
Durable 2-way Abrasion Resistant SBS Metal Zipper across the backpack.
Adjustable breathable straps make it easy and comfortable to carry for all day use.
Ultra-light. Ultra-durable. Ultra-awesome. The backpack is perfect for day-to-day use or occasional travel, and great gift for everyone.
Color: New Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The pack material is thin but strong enough to hold a decent load for the bag's size, one must take care to avoid abrading or piercing the material due to a lack of attentiveness. Remember the pack is meant to conserve weight and space so it sacrifices durability, regular use is fine so long as you take care not to abuse the pack too severely. Because the pack is made from a nylon ripstop style fabric it will retain a fair amount of natural abrasion and tear resistance but a sharp piece of steel will still cause some serious damage if it catches on the pack at any speed. For general repairs of the material in the event of damage I would strongly suggest using Mcnett's Gear Aid products such as their Tenacious Tape or T-tape patches with seam sealer used to seal down the edges of the repair. The nylon material is virtually waterproof and can be treated for extra resistance with products like Scotchguard. Your main sources of water penetration (as with any pack) will be the seams and the zippers, seam sealer can be used to mitigate this issue as well.
The pack's layout is also very good, the main compartment also has a large pocket oriented toward the spine that is well suited to carrying a small to medium sized water bladder. A large water bladder might fit as well but would be more likely to fold since the inside of the main compartment lacks a loop upon which to hang a larger bladder. The shoulder straps both have a band for hanging items via a carabiner or retaining a water bladder's drinking tube as well as a small elastic mesh pocket that will hold things like small cell phones, two-way radios, or other compact necessities. On either side of the main body of the pack is a large elastic mesh pocket with a buckled compression strap above each. These pockets can be used to either carry water bottles or even an extra layer of clothing such as a rain jacket or fleece when used in conjunction with the compression straps. The top rear pocket on the pack has it's zipper well protected by a flap of fabric so this pocket is perhaps the least vulnerable to any precipitation, it is also sewed to expand allowing it to hold more than it first appears. The lower rear pocket is larger than the top one and has two additional organizational pockets, one a zippered mesh pocket and a drop in pocket behind it. This pocket also contains a nylon loop for hanging the pack when it is fully compressed into its, shall we say, "Travel Mode".
For its intended purpose and what you're paying, you're getting a very good backpack overall, and thus far I've been delighted with mine.
The accompanying pictures give an example of how and what you can load the pack up with. I took maybe a minute to think of things to use and then maybe two-three minutes to pack it so it would be comfortable to carry. And YES I did get all of that in the pack with a little bit of room to spare but this is by no means a comprehensive set up. Normally I would have a good compass, signal mirror, & zip ties in a pack as well as many other small but useful items.
At a minimum, I wanted:
- Pocket on the outside for water bottle (neither REI or Eagle Creek have this)
- Outside zipper (not drawstring on the top) (Eagle Creek has it, but not REI)
- Small outside pocket for wallet, keys, etc. (Eagle Creek has it, but not REI)
- Inner compartment large enough to carry a pretty big DSLR camera plus souvenirs, etc.
- Packable down to a small size.
- Water resistant
This product had all the features I wanted, plus it comes in a nice green color, has TWO outside pockets, and doesn't look like it was dropped from an alien mothership! (Seriously, the other brands look really weird). It seems to be very thoughtfully engineered and well constructed. So far, I am very happy with this product. I can't wait to use it on a few trips and see how it holds up to all-terrain use.