Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 1-10 of 703 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 855 reviews
on January 15, 2015
This could have been a huge blockbuster - I'm not sure why it wasn't advertised more. It is an action film and for what it is, it does it well. It's one of those movies where I want to clap at the end because it has this big dramatic feel to it. (Yeah, I'm a dork.) It also unexpectedly had a moral of some sort. Without giving the plot away, the monsters were given a very sympathetic backstory. Usually with these sorts of movies it's a clearcut good guy vs bad monster, but here I felt bad for the monster and at the same time understood why they needed to kill it. It made it kind of hard to cheer for one side, which is actually pretty thoughtful for what would otherwise be a straightforward mindless action flick.

Anyway, things I liked:
- good special effects that didn't overwhelm the story
- the story itself was interesting
- cool monsters

Things I didn't like:
- the lead actor is a bit wooden and it would've been better with someone more charismatic
- excessively gory (do we need to see blood spurting out of a guy's head after it's cut off?)

Things you might want to know:
- pretty cliched
- very violent
- no nudity
on February 3, 2017
Excellent SciFi. great mix of story telling and technology. The only thing is that The characters were not as fleshed out as they should have been. The actors were excellent, the direction was good the cutting was seamless. If the budget had allowed for a little more polish and maybe more time to fully realize the characters it would be a 5 star classic. As is, it is a 4 star potential classic. It has some fantasy violence and a little gratuitous blood. But considering that it had no sex and with one exception no trashy language. a completely family movie except of the 6 and under crowd if watched as a family other wise 12 and under. Great time will be even better when they make Marijuana legal.
on February 1, 2017
This is a masterful film with the same for a story line. It combines both the current knowledge of the Viking era with a fantasy addition of a far advanced incursion of this advanced life. This is a thoroughly entertaining film. This may be too intense for the below 12 years crowd.. NJMJr.
on April 18, 2017
If you're looking for authentic Old Norse genre violently contrasted by Space Alien Glowing Ravenous Fire Dragon Monster, this is your film.

I bought it thinking I'd not seen it, but nope, 2nd viewing for me but dimly recalled at first with ever the more familiarity as the film progressed. That dampened my attentiveness. But hey, great effects, solid acting from a well cast crew. A bit, okay, a lot too long. Maybe too many characters sussed out.

More of a horror flick than Sci-Fi, but not too bad for the SF parts. Future me: watch it again but only if you forget it again.

A must see for fans.
on March 12, 2017
The entire concept of this film is very unique. Jim Caveizel is
amazing as someone who must adjust to an entirely new
environment, and his acting is amazing as usual. I've been
a huge fan of his films and this one is really a must see.
on November 19, 2016
Surprisingly solid film! Reminded me of The 13th Warrior, with a strong cast, characters with dimension, good dialogue, and quality action. The premise may strike you as odd, but it actually works pretty smoothly. Give it a chance.
on May 15, 2012
I liked this movie. It had (James Caviezel) in it, the actor from CBS's Person of Interest. He plays a space traveler who crash lands on a planet. He had a lizzard type of thing on his ship, the animal starts killing everone on the island. because of the time period that he landed in, his weapons are limited to bow and arrows swords and axes. It's almost like a preditor durring that time period. they end up killin it. and he thinks about goin back home to his planet on a rescue ship but decides to stay and be the new king of this group of people. I thought the movie was gona suck but it was pretty good. It is really something that is worth renting well worth the 4 bucks! :)
on January 8, 2016
Good original story. Great acting (impressive cast). Realistic directing. Great genre! Brave-heart meets Predator. Vikings with heart and Science fiction without the over gratuitous action scenes found in Transformers or Mission Impossible. This film is smart, original, and you will not get disconnected with ridiculous fantastical hyper spectacularism - to coin a term.
on December 18, 2014
Great movie! Lots of fun, and they clearly had a good budget. Not just sci-fi, not just horror, not just a viking movie. If you enjoy those things, and have a good sense of not taking things to seriously (go flash go), you should enjoy. And don't get me wrong, its not a comedy (but it does have humor) or a silly movie, I think of it as a solid sci-fi, but if you are a bit picky, well, then who can say. If it was just horror, I'd be less interested, but with the sci-fi background/concept, it really got my interest. And sci-fi doesn't have to be what you see or what they do in the movie, it's a concept, for me it worked great. and I have to say, when the creature lights up at night, its AWESOME. Either way, a very enjoyable movie.

I checked through some of the negative reviews, and found most people thought it was something else. No its not the Outlander you were looking for. How that ends up as a bad review boggles the mind. Maybe you should pay more attention? Just saying.
on December 11, 2011
I am a GREAT fan of Jim Caviezel, so I admit to my prejudice in advance. But he did an excellent job in this movie, as did pretty much everyone in the cast. As a story and as entertainment, this was a wonderful 2 hours. As a movie in all its computer-generated glory, this was incredible. I rented it, and enjoyed it so much I purchased it.

Caviezel is from another planet, much advanced over 9th Century Norseland. His ship crashes on Earth, killing all aboard except Caviezel and the Beast. He joins forces with a local tribe and sets about hunting the Beast. Or is the Beast hunting them? Along the way, of course, he picks up a woman who is a warrior to match his own heart and skills.

The monster is similar in so many ways with all the other outer space monsters, but with a few twists that made this monster an awesome adversary. Caviezel is similar in so many ways with all the other heros, but with a few twists that made him more believable and more enjoyable.

I have no idea why I never heard of this movie, or why it never made a serious release in the theaters. All I know is that I am going to watch it many times more.