Industrial Deals Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 3, 2013
At the end of World War II an evil Nazi scientist named Klausner has developed a machine that can create a group of super soldiers. The war ends with Klausner being unsucessful at his effort. A young woman named Helena(Catherine Steadman) is openly hunting Nazi war criminals. At the beginning of the movie
she has located one of them in Paraguay. From there she is able to start tracking down Klausner as well as the Zombie Nazis. She arrives in Europe where
forces from NATO ar3e at an all out war with the Nazis. She also finds a pardner in a fellow named Wallace. Once they get on the trail they discover that they are closing in on the machine that has created these Nazi creatures. After finally locating the machine a pitched battle takes place. The NATO troops
and the Nazi hunters against the monster Nazis. This is a tremendous battle. A good movie with a surprise ending.
If you have seen the first one "outpost" you get the gist of the story. Still set in the now....the powers that be want the tech that creates immortal soldiers. Bad governments and soldiers who do what they are ordered to and not very nice about it. The reason for 3 stars only....why oh why did we have to have a young girl who is a Nazi hunter (now????) senseless, except to have a female presence...not necessary at all. The soldiers are all douchebags so you hate them and wish them dead...does no one have a brain of their own and see this is wrong??? the girl, of course, saves the day. Typical and trite. the first one was so much better. I think I will change the number of stars to 2 now. yeah, that works.
on February 12, 2013
I like this movie the nazi monster soilders are fast for dead guys thou I bet this movie is the 1st movie in history to make sort of a zombie war movie this movie is more like a war movie except the dead nazi soilders cant be killed they call in the us military they shoot them blow them up I think at one point they use chemical weapons and the dead nazi zombie soilders still winning in this war to the point the high ranking us army personel says he has no choice but to use nuclear weapons on them... however these arent the brain eating zombies people mite be thinking of theres no brain eating but they do kill people in this movie strangely they use knifes at some points one of the soilders shoots them he runs down the hall the nazi soilders chase him and about run faster than he does chatches him and they stab him instead of shooting him overall I recomend this movie its oprobably the 1st nazi zombie war movie outthere...
on February 9, 2018
I wish they would have explored this further than going with the comie thing. This was so stand alone yet still had elements of the first film that kept it valid but interesting. Good movie.
on November 12, 2012
I'll start by admitting that the plot to the entirety of the "Outpost" series so far is a bit silly but I can't help but admit that the series has some really fantastic original stuff in it. Both cool and gory this series is pretty badass in a multitude of bloody ways. Both Outpost and Outpost Black Sun have been scary, gory and yes even a bit silly from time to time. I mean lets face it, this is the closest thing we are ever going to get to a "quality" nazi zombie film right?

Outpost which was released in '08 was surprisingly a scary film. There were some true moments of terror and fear in the film. Such as the dead body sneaking up behind the solider, the torture scenes and the atmospheric nazi ghosts and settings. It really did scare the shit out of me from time to time. It was an independent horror film that really stood on its own and had some action and horror all mixed up into one package. I mean I enjoyed it alot!

And then here comes Outpost Black Sun. The sequel to Outpost which I was pretty pumped for since I heard it was going into production. And yes it delivered! The budget was greater, the acting was a greater step up from the first. There was a much larger multitude of gore, action and plot introduced which I thought was a great way to give the audience something even more than what we had received the first time. Outpost Black Sun had many more layers than Outpost and to that I have to give credit for. This film had some great scary moments too. I felt the film left an impact. And I had loads of fun with it!

If its one thing this series so far has illustrated it is that its shown that it can take its self seriously but also have fun with the idea of bringing the 4th Reich back from the dead. Some of it is laughable, some of it is scary, some of it is gore filled and violent and even some of it is action-packed. But overall I have give the series a triple thumbs up for being cool, original and fun all in its own right!
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 7, 2013
Go rent Outpost before you watch this - it's the first in the series. While Outpost: Black Sun stands alone, the movie's plot and certain scenes make more sense when viewed in sequence. Both these movies are sleepers, and worth the time. The low budget effects worked given the European setting, and the story has depth. Reminds me a bit of Dog Soldiers - but better. In this regard, these aren't your typical "virus" or "evil" curse type zombie flicks. In fact, I'm not sure "zombie" is technically the right nomenclature. At the end of WWII, you've got the Third Reich experimenting with quantum physics and Unified Field Theory to create an unstoppable army of death - they never left the bunker where these horrors originated. Though, that changes with events in the two movies as the "machine" is restarted. For comparatively unknown actors, the character performances were gritty and realistic, even if brief in some circumstances. These movies are not for the kids... there are some truly scary moments that aren't done with gore, but you also have that at times. Enjoy.
on November 20, 2015
More story and less fighting action than either the first or third installment, though still a fair amount of blood. The plot is a meaty one with the focus on an idealistic, young female nazi hunter and an unscrupulous hunter of nazi technology, the former seeking revenge on a specific nazi general, the latter seeking the machine at the center of it all. Granted, the science behind how the electromagnetism generated by the tech reanimates and weaponizes life is dodgy, but the acting is good and sells the premise. I only give Black Sun a 4 in comparison to Outposts 1 and 3, which are excellent and give you everything you expect in a nazi zombie romp.
on June 25, 2017
Okay way to waste an afternoon, apparently part of a series dealing with "undead Nazis." I won't be pursuing the other installments.
on December 8, 2012
Let me start out by saying how much i loved the first one.. I found out about the original Outpost whilst on a hunting trip up north with family and friends. A friend had brought his collection of foreign movies and among them was a little gem called "Outpost". Outpost had everything a good independent horror film could have-especially for its incredibly small budget. A good script, good sets, phenomenal acting, and good effects.

Flash forward a few years, and the sequel has arrived. Excited, I rip open the box I received from amazon, put it in the DVD player, and let it rip. Now, I won't go into detail about the movie for fear of spoilers, but I will say this: you really need to watch it to decide for yourself whether its a good sequel to the first. I will say that it's like "Aliens to Alien", whereas the sequel is more of survival-action than of horror. The two main problems that I only had with the movie weren't of concern with the script or story, those aspects I think they got right with. The problems I had with were the atmosphere and the "zombies" themselves. Outpost had a really gritty, Gothic look to it that made you wonder what was around the corner, and the sequel, really, quite doesn't. The other main issue were the "zombies". Although the atmosphere tied in with this a bit, the nazis weren't supernatural ghosts, but more of an invincible army that screamed as if they were traditional zombies.

All in all, I think it's really up to you, the viewer, to decide. I personally didn't regret watching it, and after watching it twice, it has sunk in better for me. If you are a fan of the original Outpost or even if you're just a fan of nazi/zombie movies, give this a shot. You might find it enjoyable.

3/5 Stars
on August 19, 2014
Not a terrible Zombie flick, better than most of the Zombie movies out there, though it doesn't hold a candle to Dead Snow as far as Nazi Zombie movies go. More of a suspense & sci-fi movie than it is horror, which isn't a bad thing.