Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaking Dog Toys, Brown
|Price:||$7.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- 3 squeaky squirrels and durable plush tree trunk
- Hide and seek play pattern dogs love
- Made with durable plush material
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Bound to become your best friend’s favorites, our lovable toys are durably designed with an engaging array of shapes, sounds and textures so you can have huge fun with your furry friend.
Size: Large | Style: Non-Holiday
From the Manufacturer
Hide A Squirrel and Puzzle Plush
Squeak. Play. Love.
Treat your pup to hide-and-seek fun with the Outward Hound Hide A Squirrel. Just stuff the squeaky squirrels in the plush tree trunk, and watch as your dog sniffs them out. To keep the game going, just stuff them in again and again!
Available in Multiple Sizes!
Each Hide-A-Squirrel comes with squeaky squirrels and durable plush tree trunk for a fun game of fun hide-and-seek. The Junior, Large and Jumbo sizes include three (3) squirrels and the Ginormous size includes six (6) squirrels.
Available in Two Other Characters!
Keep the game going with the Hide A Bee or Hide A Bird plush puzzles. Replacement squirrels, bees and birds are also available to amp up the fun!
Dog products should be durable, engaging and fun.
Outward Hound was founded to improve the lives of pet parents with meaningful innovations that Raise The Woof! A lofty goal? Sure. But that’s why we’ve built a team of dog-loving designers and product experts.
We believe that good products should do more than satisfy a need: they should make life with your dog healthier, happier and more fun. They should inspire you to try new things and empower you to discover new possibilities with your furry friend.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Outward Hound Kyjen 31011 Hide-A-Squirrel Squeak Toy Dog Toys 4-Piece, Large, Brown
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||6.25 inches x 6.25 inches x 6.25 inches||4 inches x 6 inches x 6 inches||9.45 inches x 9.45 inches x 1.89 inches||5.5 inches x 14 inches x 5.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.7 pounds||0.3 pounds||1.01 pounds||0.7 pounds|
|Size||Large||Information not provided||Large||X-Large|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:04 Mins|
My dog has a great time with this toy. The little squirrels inside the trunk are squeaky toys, which she LOVES. The box came with instructions on how to modivate and teach your pet to use it. We put a small treat in the bottom and she had a great time digging it out. The whole process for removing the squirrels takes her less than a minute now, so if there is not a human near by to restock the trunk, she moves on to something else. This is not something I would leave her with and expect it to keep her occupied for the day.
I would say that if your pet enjoys this general type of play (stuffed things, digging, hide and seek) this is an EXCELLENT toy and alot of fun.
|Length: 0:14 Mins|
Tips I follow:
- Keep a soft pad nearby for him to lay on (I attach the pad to the toy when I am gone) so he can loll around on something clean and warm and take breaks while working on the extraction.
- Put a toy that rattles inside so it makes noise every time he moves and rolls it
- Reach in and squeak the squirrels to get him interested
-Thank him/her and take the removed squirrel away; squeak those remaining in the tree trunk; repeat.
-Pet and love the squirrels so he knows not to destroy them.
- Keep a teething toy attached to the outside so he can chew on that instead of ruining the toy itself
-Use a light spraying of Bitter Apple if he/she starts to chew up the tree trunk
- Put a food treat inside if you want to
- Stuff it full of toys if you will be gone all day and need to keep him busy; you'll find them all over the place when you get home!
- My dog wears the tree trunk on his head sometimes and parades around; peering out the knot holes.
- My dog, Elliot, loves the squirrels so much! He brings one to "dinner" to his dog bowl. First he comes in to see that I am feeding him (them?), then he goes and gets one and brings it to dinner with him. I often come home to find a squirrel at the empty bowl.
- Elliot (Morkie= Maltese + Yorkie) also brings one to his dog bed
- If I want him to settle down and get in bed with me for the night, then I just toss a squirrel on the bed and say "bedtime" and up he jumps. He appreciates that I know to grab a squirrel for him (his little buddies!). I always choose the squirrel when I stick him in his travel crate.Read more ›
I did need to do one intervention, though. The dog's grandparents and his father were encouraging him to "get the squirrels! get the squirrels!" They're definitely chipmunks. I've never seen a striped squirrel. So if you want your dog to learn appropriate species identification (and who doesn't?), you might want to switch to "get the chipmunks!"
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought the smallest version of the Hide a Squirrel when my dog was a puppy. That was over 2 years ago. She plays with it every single day! Read morePublished 2 hours ago by SR
My dog loves this toy! The stump needs to be reinforced a little more. If this was left unattended my dog would have had it torn to shreds in about 2 minutes. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Kyla Groll
My German Shepherd puppy still loves these squirrels a month later and they are the only squeaky toy I have that hasn't needed the squeaker replaced.Published 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
This is the best thing I've ever bought for my dog, she absolutely loves it and the price was great!Published 4 hours ago by carlie worden
Awesome dog toy to keep your pup entertained! The Junior size is perfect for my 6lb Chihuahua/Yorkie mix. He LOVES this toy so much, and so far it's holding up really well. Read morePublished 7 hours ago by Hannah
My dog loves these! He got them out of the tree trunk without giving up! This was a true bargain for my little guy!Published 23 hours ago by Catherine Flint
Oh my goodness! My 13 pound Cavachon puppy went nuts over this toy. I barely had time to get the squirrels (chipmunks? Read morePublished 1 day ago by An Amazon customer
MY PUPPIES LOVE THIS TOY. THEY PLAY WITH IT FOR AWHILE JUST BEFORE THEY FALL ASLEEP. THEY ARE AMAZED WHERE ALL THE SQUIRRELS KEEP COMING FROM. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!Published 1 day ago by Jane Harris