Dog Life Jacket Ripstop Life Jacket for Dogs
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Dual grab handles for easy rescue
- Adjustable side release buckles ensure the perfect fit
- Front float support keeps your pup's head above water
- Reflective accents and bright colors for high visibility
- Large: Weight = 55 - 85 lbs. | Length = 14.5+ inches | Neck = 14-18 inches | Chest = 28-32 inches
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Make a splash with Outward Hound Life Jackets.
Granby Splash (formerly known as Ripstop)
Outward Hound Granby Splash (formerly known as Ripstop) Life Jackets sport high visibility colors, multiple reflective strips, easy-grab handles, quick release buckles & outstanding flotation. Our unique, multi-handle design is constructed to add strength and durability for pulling dogs out of the water. Available in Orange and Fun Fish styles.
Dawson Swim Life Jacket
Inspired by Colorado’s Dawson Reservoir, this life jacket is ideal for novice swimmers. Foam neoprene side panels offer maximum buoyancy while naturally insulating dogs and keeping them warm while they swim. High visibility red coloring, reflective piping and emergency lifting handles help ensure your pup has a safe and fun time in the water.
Standley Sport Life Jacket
Inspired by Colorado’s Lake Standley, this life jacket is ideal for experienced swimmers, but is fun for all. Designed for a wide range of motion and top performance, this durable, rugged life jacket will stand up to frequent use and play. This dog life jacket is equipped with double handles for emergency lifting, a leash attachment for easy restraint, mesh bellyband for water drainage and a unique sternum design for top performance fit. Our high-quality performance gear will keep your pup safely equipped for every new adventure!
Outward Hound rip stop life jackets sport high visibility colors, multiple reflective strips, easy-grab handles, quick release buckles & outstanding flotation. Our unique, multi-handle design is constructed to add strength and durability for pulling dogs out of the water. Explore new ground with Outward Hound gear!
Size: Large | Color: Pink
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item Outward Hound Ripstop Large Dog Life Jacket Life Preserver for Dogs, Pink, Large
Dog Life Jacket Dawson Buoyant and Insulated Life Jacket for Dogs by Outward Hound, Large
Vivaglory Dog Life Jackets with Extra Padding for Dogs, Large - Blue
Paws Aboard Red Neoprene Life Jacket, Dog or Cat Life Preserver (Large 50-90 Lbs)
EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device Dog Life Vest Jacket - DFD (Large, Red)
Ruffwear - Float Coat Life Jacket for Dogs, Buoyant, Secure, Reflective, Blue Atoll (2017), Medium
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||VIVAGLORY||Pettit Online Stores||EzyDog||NetRush|
|Color||Pink||Red||Blue||Red||Red||Blue Atoll (2017)|
|Item Dimensions||18 x 13 x 3.5 in||7.22 x 5.22 x 1.15 in||11.42 x 17.32 x 3.15 in||3.4 x 9 x 15.5 in||18 x 21 x 2 in||16.14 x 14.96 x 2.5 in|
|Size||Large||Large||L||Large 50-90 Lbs||Large||Medium|
Top customer reviews
XX Small 11-14" Girth, up to 11lbs
X Small 15-19", 11-18lbs
Small 19-24", 15-25lbs
Medium 22-29", 20-50lbs
Large 26-35", 40-70lbs
X Large 31-42", 70-90lbs
UPDATE: Vest works great keeping our dog floating on the surface. No issues with wear and tear. Handle on the back makes lifting him back in the boat easier.
I bought this size *LARGE* for our 7 year old female pit-boxer mix who runs a pretty consistent 46 pounds. She measures 19" from neck to tail, 19" around her neck and 27" around her chest. I had these measurements from the purchase of a Hurtta winter coat for her. She's definitely not designed for cold weather! :-)
- This LARGE is a perfect fit for the dog, whose measurements are detailed above.
- There are 3 fairly standard buckles, which you can actually see in the product photo. You adjust the straps to fit and the male part of the buckle clips into the female part. You squeeze the two "springy" side of the male part to release.
- You can put the life jacket on the dog while still leashed, an important feature when getting ready to go onto the water from a boat launch or other public area.
- The jacket is very easy to secure on the dog. I don't THINK that the order you buckle the two parts is relevant.You basically lay it on their back like a horse saddle. (I know all about this kind of thing from having watched all the John Wayne movies.) So, lay it on their back and wrap the chest piece, grey in the product photo, snugly around and up to the other side where there is Velcro to hold in in place. Then, insert the two buckles.
I like the wrap-around piece because not only is it somewhat elastic to provide a secure fit, but the velcro helps hold it in place while you buckle it AND it protects the dogs from straps going around their chest to prevent sore spots from rubbing, etc.
- Next, you secure what I'd guess you call the throat piece. This piece goes sort of under the dog's chin, is held in place with velcro also, and then you buckle it in. There is also a flap thing to help the dog keep their chin / head out of the water.
- Once the dog is in the jacket, it's quite firmly fixed. I picked her up easily with the two grip straps on top and carried her about 20 feet back and forth on the lawn. Between the wrap-around chest piece, velcro and the buckled straps, there's no getting out of that jacket that I can see.
- Our dog enjoys playing in the water at standing depth, she's now a swimmer. To test flotation, I went with her about to my chest and let her go. I tried to encourage her to swim around, but she headed straight for shore. I didn't get as good a flotation test as I would have liked, but I brought her out 4 times and it all worked great in that way.
- In hindsight, I wish that I bought the Clownfish design. Our 8 year old grandson is really into fish, the Nemo movies, etc., and I think he would have loved seeing our dog in that outfit.
I'd absolutely buy this again and love the great price.
We ordered a size small. For reference, he is only 9 pounds (which is in range for size XS), but all of his measurements put him in the Small range. I was worried it would be too big, but he fits (almost) perfectly in the small since the straps cinch him in. It's a little big in the back, but he's still young so he's got room to grow.
Our Chihuahua has a 19 inch Girth but only weights 10 lbs so we took the small. She's at the top end of the Girth and the bottom end of the weight. It fits but seems tight around her front legs as the belly flap is right up into her shoulders. It's stiff because it's new so we're hoping it'll get more flexible with use. Also, in the picture, those 2 black "loops" above it are NOT the handle, they're the straps that go to securely lock the Velcro belly flap in place. The actual handle runs along the spine of the dog. I would encourage more people to post pictures of their dogs noting the girth and weight and the size of the vest they chose to help others understand the fit.
I've used it maybe a couple dozen times over one season in the water and also as insulation for cold weather walks in rain and snow over one winter.
The problem is that the stitching is marginal and I ended up having to re-sew the velcro patch stitching along the chest portion and also near the anchor points for the straps. Over time, one of the plastic clips broke as well.
Good design but needs better stitching and components.
ADDENDUM 5/21/11: I contacted the manufacturer and they replaced the vest for free. The also said they're constantly trying to improve their products and appreciate feedback.