- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 4 edition (December 6, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471475475
- ISBN-13: 978-0471475477
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,167,353 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ouvertures: Cours Intermediaire de Francais 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Immerse yourself in the French-speaking world
When you immerse yourself in the French-speaking world, youbecome engaged in the language. Francophone culture not only drawsyou in with its richness and vibrancy; it’s also the bestvehicle for mastering the language.
That’s why Siskin, Field, and Storme’s FourthEdition of Ouvertures uses culture as an organizingprinciple. Ouvertures integrates culture into the teachingof all five skills—speaking, grammar, listening, reading, andwriting. These skills provide the basis for exploring the culturesof the francophone world.
- Cultural themes serve as unifying elements within each chapter.New readings update the cultural focus of the text, and newcultural sections (Notions de culture) expand the chapterthemes.
- The text presents a manageable amount of material while payingthorough attention to all five skills.
- New, realia-based exercises (À la loupe) encourage you tothink critically.
- The text’s process-writing approach to compositionassignments helps you brainstorm vocabulary, create plans, andwrite and revise drafts.
- A two-step grammar presentation first quickly reviews grammarpoints generally covered in first-year French courses, and thenexplains and practices new grammar that you need at theintermediate level of French.
The Complete Ouvertures package:
- Lab Audio CDs to accompany the Lab Manual portion of theActivities Manual (ISBN: 0-471-77415-4)
- Activities Manual including the Workbook, Lab Manual, andWorkbook Answer Key (ISBN: 0-471-47865-2)
- Ouvertures DVD (ISBN: 0-471-77211-9)
- Password-protected Instructor's Book Companion Websiteincluding the Online Instructor's Manualwww.wiley.com/college/siskin
- Student's Book Companion Websitewww.wiley.com/college/siskin
About the Author
H. Jay Siskin (Ph.D., Cornell University) is Director of the Language Lab at Cabrillo College. He has published extensively in language pedagogy, with research interests in the culture of the foreign language classroom, methodology and technology.
Thomas T. Field (Ph.D., Cornell University) is Director of he Center for the Humanities at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. He writes and speaks on French and Occitan, language in society, multimedia computing, and the teaching of culture.
Julie A. Storme (Ph.D., Northwestern University) is Associate Professor of French at Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana. Her areas of specialization include content-based instruction, reading skills, and cross-cultural diversity.