- ⚡⚡⚡ BUY 2 OR MORE & GET 15% OFF YOUR PURCHASE ⚡⚡⚡ANY COOLER KITCHEN ITEM - USE CODE: COOLER15 AT CHECKOUT Enter code COOLER15 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Oversized 1.3 Gallon Kitchen Compost Bin with EZ-No Lock Lid, Plastic Liner & Charcoal Filters In White & Black - Sturdy Construction & Odor-Free Seal To Prevent Bugs And Smell. Dishwasher Safe
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ✅ ODOR BLOCKING AND FRUIT FLY FREE – Our countertop compost bin comes with two thick activated-charcoal filters to trap and absorb odors, leaving your kitchen smelling fresh and clean. The lid effectively blocks smell from escaping and keeps fruit flies away. EASY TO OPEN - The no-lock lid seals out odors and keeps out pests, without creating an obstacle to opening the compost bin. Very convenient for using multiple times while preparing a meal!
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY & NO ASSEMBLY – We love our compost bin’s classic modern look and sturdy construction. Our bin is made of high quality metal: carbon steel that will not rust, stain, or retain odors like other plastic or stainless steel bins. The only assembly requited is to simply insert the filter into the lid! Our compost bin will last you forever and won’t break even with frequent wear- it’s so easy, you’ll want to use it all the time!
- ✅LARGE CONVENIENT SIZE– Our compost bin is about 75% bigger than most other bins on Amazon, saving you from having to make extra trips to dispose of waste, while also being small enough to fit right on your counter or store under your sink. Our compost bin can EASILY hold several days of compost material from a busy home kitchen. DESIGN IS COMPATIBLE with standard 6 liter compost bag liners and 4" diameter charcoal filters. Our compost container is great for apartments, offices, homes, and more!
- ✅ DISHWASHER SAFE – Cleaning other counter top compost pails can be an unpleasant drag! Thankfully, ours is DISHWASHER SAFE! Just remove the filter and stick it in your dishwasher!
- ✅ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – We think you will love this compost container! If for any reason you do not, rest assured that you are covered by our Cooler Kitchen 45-day Money Back Guarantee!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Top Rated Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin 1.3 Gallon-Includes Charcoal Filter
Indoor Kitchen Stainless Steel Compost Bin – White – 1.2 Gallon Container with Double Charcoal Filter for Odor Absorbing - Perfect Caddy for Any Counter Top - Non Stick Bucket for Easy Tossing
Norpro 1 Gallon Ceramic Compost Keeper, White
Natural Home 1-Gallon Ceramic Compost Bin with Filter
OXO Good Grips Easy Clean Compost Bin, White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.65||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cooler Kitchen||Perella's||Misc Home Inc.||Supreme Hardware||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||White & Black||Silver||White||White||White||White|
|Material Type||Steel||18/8 Steel||Stainless Steel||Metal||Wood||Plastic|
LOVE GARDENING? Simply put your food waste into our kitchen countertop compost canister, and you can produce high quality soil that is MUCH cheaper than buying it from a garden store! Compost soil is dense and rich with nutrients. The soil created from your recycling: egg shells, coffee grinds and more, will be a natural fertilizer and will remove the need to add chemical fertilizers. This is an affordable, eco-friendly way to benefit your yard, garden, and flower beds!
Easy handle for carrying!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Larger than my last compost bin, so it takes up more counter space, but it's also nicer looking than other bins - especially if you choose to use a liner (I'll explain that in a bit.)
The lid just sits on top, but it creates a pretty good seal, so you don't smell the contents. On my last bin, the lid was to tight that I needed up use two hands to open the bin - much nicer to just pop open the top with one hand, and toss in the "compostables" with the other.
I love that there's an inner and outer bucket. The outer bucket stays much cleaner - and it's easy to sponge off if needed. There's a handle on the outer and inner buckets. The outer handle is great for grabbing the bin on the counter and bringing it to my prep stations. The inner handle is great for taking the compost outside
Lastly, if you choose to use a liner, you can hide the liner so that your compost bin looks nice - check out my video review (and mark this has helpful if you like it.)
*Fruit flies. I see a random one now and then. When the lid is on securely, i think this has helped to minimize them. I also read about it on the internet and we have left an open bottle of apple cider vinegar next to it on the counter to help keep them away. Not sure if it works, but we rarely see them. Empty the bin often, keep the lid on snug, and try the vinegar thing, and this should help to keep the flies away.
*Smell- no issues for us at all, the filter must be helping, but I am guessing the frequent emptying of the bin is a big help as well.
-Good price (I paid $18.99).
-Sleek design; looks good on the counter and could easily go with any number of decorating styles.
-Handle is actually functional (both on the pail and insert).
-Cover easy to remove one-handed.
-Nice size; gives us a few days to fill it up before having to empty it.
-Comes with two charcoal filters.
-I can run the insert through my dishwasher between uses.
-I wish the cover would stay on the bin even without the insert in place; the insert creates the lip that the lid rests on.
-The insert itself doesn't seem to take up the whole space of the outside bin, so it seems like I should be able to fit more food scraps inside. If I wanted to use the white bin by itself, though, the cover wouldn't stay on (per aforementioned con).
Yet to be determined:
-Curious whether the filters will do a good job, especially in the warm, humid months.
-I've read that some people have more problems with bugs/fruit flies getting into their compost bins so I'm hoping that isn't the case here!
-If the white lid gets dirty, I wonder how much of a pain it will be to remove the filter to wash it.
All in all, I'm pleased with this bin and would purchase again.
***EDITED April 2017: I had an issue with the first compost bin getting some rust stains. Customer service was excellent; they replied to my inquiry quickly and offered to replace the unit, free of charge.
***EDITED October 2017: The compost bin did NOT become a fruit fly factory over the Summer, which I was worried about, but I have kept it under the counter. The cover of the original bin I ordered is getting more and more rusty with pieces falling apart, but the bin itself is holding up.
Most recent customer reviews
I’ll be returning it.Read more