Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

I have used this particular flea spray on at least 300 kittens up to date which includes my fosters, friends' kittens and stray kittens. This spray kills all fleas in 3 minutes and protects against fleas reliably for several days. I do recommend a long lasting preventative like Advantage after you have applied this, a few days after you have used it. This product lasts a long time and I can spray down probably 20 or so kittens a bottle if not more. It is important that you also treat the environment by vacuuming up flea eggs - under and behind objects that flea eggs might be lurking.

Want a flea control spray that actually works? Want to see 100 fleas run for their life? On one really bad kitten I sprayed, I saw literally hundreds of fleas running to the head area where they soon died. This product is not only cheap, but effective. It is hard to find a flea spray that is cheap, it is harder to find one at twice this price that actually WORKS. Make sure to hold your hand in front of the kitten's face while spraying to prevent the fleas getting into the cat's eyes.

In fact, this is a spray that the animal shelter here uses because they cannot afford to apply Frontline to every cat. Some shelters can.. but for rural shelters that do not have a ton of money to spend, it can prove to be one of their best investments if they make sure to spray every cat that comes. Kittens younger than the age specified on the product can be treated with capstar.

Buy this product. It is the game changer for the flea killers' arsenal.
on May 24, 2015
I really try to avoid putting unnecessary chemicals on my dogs but last year my fur kids got fleas for the first time (the oldest dog is 12 yo). I tried every natural remedy I found with so so results. Then I tried Ovitrol. None of us liked the smell but the results were immediate. I sprayed the dogs, floors and furniture with this stuff maybe every 5 - 7 days while continuing the natural remedies. Within a week the problem was under control and I didn't see another flea after a little over two weeks. Now I keep a bottle on hand in the house and one in the car for when we go on walks and to dog events. Keeping my fingers crossed this year...so far so good. :) The daily regime includes the dogs taking brewers yeast supplements. They get baths every other month (more often if they get really dirty and a wipe down won't suffice) with various all natural shampoos. They also get sprayed every few days with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water which also gives them extra shiny coats. They do get the occasional tick but I rarely find one alive on them.
on November 7, 2015
I used to use this back in the day and recently had an outbreak in my house with 3 cats. This is a perfect companion to get to the root of the problem followed with a spot on treatment to keep killing. Been a few weeks and the only fleas around are newer hatches but they'll be gone soon enough.
on November 26, 2017
We got this for our animal shelter because a vet at a conference we attended recommended it to us. Might be fine for fleas up north, but we have to use almost weekly with the fleas here in Georgia. Best to invest in a good vet-sold product to get the most effectiveness.
on November 6, 2016
Best product I've used for indoor trestment of fleas, biting flies/gnats. Will always have on hand.
on January 6, 2014
I lived in a complex where my car was parked by bushes that had wild cats living in there. I think I got fleas in my car. I started getting bits on my upper leg where it touched the drivers seat. I sprayed the seats and carpet and left windows up over the weekend. By Monday not bites and all gone. It did have a nasty smell that eventually went away. I had to drive car with window down. It was worth it.
on October 4, 2013
works but I don't recommend using it if you have a lot of cats, more for maintenance than to fix a flea infestation. The smell and application can be tough but if you have tried everything else this is your best bet! I washed all the cats frequently trying all kinds of flea shampoo... no luck. flea comb the pet first then use this, it works the best to keep the fleas off. I had no luck with the monthly flea spot treatments. this is weekly. I recommend this if you have tried everything else and it has failed!
on May 30, 2011
Summer time in the South means lots of places to take the dogs in the great outdoors. However it also means fleas and ticks! I use frontline with my dog, but it is just not strong enough to keep the dog happy during the summer. The fleas here can just get miserable. Our vet suggested using Ovitrol on the dog and Siphotrol Plus II Premise Spray (16oz) on his bedding and favorite sleeping corners.

Ovitrol has a very strong odor (it smells a lot like RAID), but sprays in a slightly diffuse stream so it is easy to control where you spray it. Avoid the head and just spray the dogs' back or legs. We use a couple pumps in the afternoon when the dog comes inside. After we got into the habit of giving the dog a couple sprays when he comes inside (and a treat to compensate him for the trouble), we have had NO problems with fleas this summer. The dog doesn't mind the Ovitrol. I just take a deep breath before spraying him. The odor fades very quickly (about 60seconds).

Our vet said to apply Ovitrol directly to the dog and to use Siphotrol on the carpets/dog bedding. I would FIRST AND ALWAYS contact your vet before using any new product. If your vet says that Ovitrol is a good option for you, then buy it on Amazon because tends to run 30% cheaper here for the same product.

I hope you and your furry friends enjoy a summer free from those annoying fleas.
on June 27, 2013
I have alot of pets (3 cats & 1 Westie). Purchasing flea control is very expensive and I was looking for a less expensive option. We just had a flea infestation problem so I need something fast that would work. This product fits the bill. I can use it on my dog and cats and it does work. Only thing is it isn't waterproof, so if your pet gets wet, you'll have to reapply.
on December 10, 2015
This spray was left behind(as well as a dog) at a property we purchased. It works so well we are spraying all 3 of our dogs with it and are on our second bottle. I checked the price at our vets office, it is much higher there than on Amazon. I will always keep this on hand!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.