Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Own The Night
Format: Audio CD|Change

I have always enjoyed Lady Antebellum's music and Own The Night, their third album, is nothing short of amazing. I loved it so much! I could listen to their music every day, it's that good, in my opinion. If it's even possible, this album is even better than their previous two albums and those two were fantastic. From the ever-popular ballad "Just A Kiss" to the get-up-and-dance "Friday Night," I enjoyed every song on this CD. My favorite song on this CD is "Somewhere Love Remains" because of the beautiful lyrics and beat. Lady A has a very unique style, combining country with a touch of pop and rock that makes them appealing to many people. I highly recommend Own The Night and this group in general to anyone who wants to listen to some good-quality music!
2 people found this helpful
on October 23, 2013
I wasn't always the biggest country fan, but as I started to get a little older (and more mature), I found the country genre to be much more appealing than any of the hip-hop and pop/rock stuff that is released today. After listening to the Lady Antebellum singles on the radio, I was pretty impressed with their sound and wanted to dig a little deeper into their catalog. After previewing Own The Night a few times, I decided it would definitely make a great addition to my CD collection. I'm a little old-school in that way, I like to own a physical copy of the CD and then I rip it to my computer (or use the Amazon auto-rip feature, which is really great by the way).

Anyways, this a really awesome country album, and if by chance you and your significant other are singers, there are a lot of great duet songs on this album you can sing together. Me and my girlfriend love sitting around, strumming out a few songs on the guitar and singing them together. If you've heard some of their songs on the radio and still aren't sure about the band in general, there are definitely a lot of great tracks that have avoided the dreaded "overplayed-on-radio syndrome."

"Dancin' Away With My Heart," "Love I've Found In You," and "Singin' Me Home" are three great standout tracks in addition to "Just A Kiss" and "We Owned The Night", two songs you've likely heard on the radio a few times already. For the most part this is feel-good album, with a few sad songs thrown in the mix to keep in varied. If you are a fan of Lady Antebellum or country music in general, you can't do wrong picking up this album...I enjoy it much better than their newest release, "Golden."
on October 24, 2011
Own the Night, Lady Antebellum's much-anticipated (and quickly delivered) follow-up to Need You Now, feels a lot like a second sophomore effort. With the crossover success of their previous album's title track, the Nashville trio has acquired legions of fans in unexpected places. In the eyes of newcomer fans, Need You Now was the band's first album--despite the massive success of their self-titled debut. The pressure is on this time around to prove themselves worthy of their chart-topping success. Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley, and Dave Haywood do just that with Own the Night.

This record is equal parts forever-young, windows-down cruising tunes and dramatic ballads in the vein of "Need You Now." Lady A has carved a brilliant sound for herself, lacing almost every track with searing melancholy that makes them distinctive from most country acts. The album artwork captures the sound quite exquisitely--a poignant, dark core posed against a backdrop of beautiful lightness. Something that Scott, Kelley, and Haywood deliver consistently are albums that go far beyond their radio singles. With each successive track on Own the Night, they cut deeper and deeper. The other constant is that the band remains resolutely country in the face of their pop radio airplay. Their artistic authenticity calls a certain Ms. Taylor Swift to mind.

The standout track on the album is far and away "Wanted You More," a sweeping tale of unrequited love that flaunts the band's ability to perform on a blockbuster scale. A close second is the heartbreaker "As You Turn Away," which mourns lost love with a tear-stained piano, swelling strings, and a startlingly moving bridge. Another gem is the understated "Cold As Stone." Its quiet simplicity sounds a bit like Carrie Underwood's "Someday When I Stop Loving You"--both are stealth stunners. If you're less masochistic and don't like drinking alone, the upbeat "Friday Night," "Singing Me Home" and "Love I've Found in You" are more your taste. They're the kind of songs that make you want to hold the hand of your honey and bob your head (or for those of us without a honey, bash our heads in).

Even though they're already country mainstays, Lady Antebellum soars effortlessly over the creative slump that often accompanies a smash hit. Own the Night promises to be a threequel smash in the trio's trilogy of musical masterworks. On this album, they take their superstar status and completely own it.

For more reviews, check out enter-detainment on blogspot!
on October 28, 2011
I admit that I was really pretty disappointed with the album originally. On the first few listens, it was very difficult to distinguish tracks from one another with the exception of the only hard hitting "Friday Night." Even now that I've come full circle and really appreciate the album now, I can't really argue too much with critiques that say it's a bit of a snooze. However, it really grew on me and there are some really great tracks on it. It's not quite as solid as "Lady Antebellum" in my opinion but probably about on par with "Need You Now" in that it has a very studio/produced sound to it. "Somewhere Only Love Remains," "Just A Kiss," and "Dancing Away With My Heart" present the album's strongest efforts offering some great lyrics and harmonies. The rest are Lady A standard and a great listen but nothing fantastic. On the whole, the whole thing is very easy to listen to so well worth the purchase.
on January 6, 2013
I love music. All kinds. I recently heard this song on the radio while driving. I found my self humming the tune frequently. Decided, I really needed this song accessible daily, or as it turns out, multiply times a day. I am not disappointed. I do listen it, am thinking about getting another CD, in case this one wears out, and that I can put in my truck CD player, to always have it on hand. As well as the song I love, the rest of the CD is just as good. I had only seen this group in the commercial, so was not familiar with them. Am so happy that the tune stuck with me. I will definitely be buying more CD's by Lady Antebellum~!~
on April 18, 2014
The coming of Lady Antebellum on the country music scene has been very refreshing. Country music, for a number of years now, has been in a funk. It all sounds the same; a bad blend of country and rock, featuring singers with adenoid problems. Hillary Scott has a magnificent voice, and she puts feeling into every song she sings. Add it to your collection. it is a must have, as are all of Lady Antebellum's recordings.
on November 28, 2011
I bought this CD with reward points from completing surveys, this is the best free belonging ever! This album is their best so far. I like the upbeat songs and the slow songs. My favorite song in the whole world is the romantic "Just a Kiss."- I listen to that song so much on CMT and in the car, my three year old son sings along w/ it! I love how they sound together too. Wanted you more is especially good and I like Friday night too.
on March 8, 2012
You cannot let a deal like this go by.... a quarter???? A piece of gum is even more expensive than that! This album is great, two hits on this album itself are more expensive than this deal! Love you Amazon, deals like this are the reason why I always buy here first! Thank you Amazon! This album is phenomenal, the songs are so good! You can't go wrong!
2 people found this helpful
on September 29, 2011
Coming off of a successful album like Need You Now, you know the group had to feel pressure when working on their follow up. But getting to the chorus of the first single released from Own the Night, Just a Kiss, you would have never known!! This group just keeps getting better and better.

If you thought Lady A was big before, this album just solidifies their superstar/headlining status in the country music genre. And us country fans are open to share this amazing group with the pop world because in the end, this music just deserves to be heard by all.

Friday Night is the perfect song to listen to on not just Friday nights, but any night you want to get pumped up and ready to have some fun. And Singing Me Home will have you singing along after the first listen. I wouldn't be surprised if Dancin' Away With My Heart became a future single as all can relate to reminiscing about the past.
One person found this helpful
on February 9, 2018
Helped satisfy my wife's love of country pop.