- Paperback: 446 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1St Edition edition (September 8, 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0194313514
- ISBN-13: 978-0194313513
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,537,057 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Oxford Guide to English Grammar 1St Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The chapters that Eastwood breaks his book into are as follows:
1. Sentence and Text
2. Verb Forms
3. Infinitive, Gerund and Participles
4. The Noun Phrase
5. Adjectives, Adverbs and Prepositions
6. Main clauses and Sub-clauses
7. Word Forms
Each section is fairly extensive and gives a good deal of information for most teaching purposes in the language classroom. They have a huge range of topics within each including articles, quantifiers, adverbial clauses, conditional clauses and the list goes on and on. The examples given are well-chosen, though these sub-sections seem to lack some of the extensiveness that other books suffer from. However, I think it is more than enough for most practical purposes.
It is a great book and a fantastic resource for teachers. With the minimum price being about $58, (at the time of this review), I would wonder if the price is worth it. One would have to consider that. It is a very good book, but I would not pay that price myself.