Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 24, 2013
Because I generally do not like using anything with medication in it [I prefer herbal remedies], initially I was very hesitant to try this 'new kid on the block' solution for my OAB complaints. But, there is no denying the fact that this disease-state has truly limited my ability to enjoy my retirement years more fully. Due to the fact it was recently approved for OTC status, I decided to give it a trial run to see if it would enable me to more confidently leave home for my shopping errands, etc. Yes, it works pretty well. For me personally, I am most impressed with the 'Oxytrol Patch' medication route. Since it is applied transdermally [through the skin], none of my organ systems are affected [long-term damages/side effects]. Also my peace-of-mind and confidence, which has been restored since I first began using the 'Patch', is profound. I feel much more in control--without having to map out every restroom in my route--when I'm out and about on my shopping trips and errands. I sleep much more soundly at night now, thanks to the 'Patch'; only getting up once at night now, instead of 4-5 times per night. The 'Patch' has made a world of difference in my ability to get a good night's sleep. Overall, I would say that I'm very impressed with this OTC product, which has a proven track record of nearly 30 years of 'GRAS' use for this condition. Recently, I began a 'Subscribe & Save' subscription for this item here @Amazon. If I have use the 'Patch', I want to get the best possible price that I can for it, and Amazon has it. 'Nuff said. ****Addendum: For those of you who have been recently diagnosed with OAB symptoms, you may want to also become more informed as to what your many triggers are, i.e., food choices that do irritate the bladder system. I'm including the link which helps to explain things in more detail. So, here goes: [...] Unfortunately, this illness will have to become a new education for you on how to manage what you can eat and what foods will have to be eliminated. Although this link discusses patients struggling with interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS), I did find the similarities to OAB are so close that I use this chart almost exclusively to determine what I must omit to be safe from any trouble. But, hey, this disease-state sure beats the pants off of having a life-threatening disease like say, um, 'cancer'. If you get a lemon, make lemonade! Blessings, J.J.
232 helpful votes
233 helpful votes
1212 comments|Report abuse
on October 17, 2013
I purchased these patches hoping that they would help. And they did! I do not have the urgency to urinate as before. They do not irritate my skin, and do not come off during showers. The package is easy for me to open, and apply. I prefer to place the patch on the buttocks area instead of the abdomen, as I do not feel it there. I really appreciate this item and would recommend others give it a try also.
87 helpful votes
88 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 7, 2014
Tough personal review to put out in public, but it is important enough for me to let others know that this product CHANGED my life. I am 58, female, did not expect to ever suffer from OAB, but here I ended up hoping for all day dry panties, too.

I used the patches for a couple of months before doing this review. I can now say WITH FULL SUPPORT these work 100% effectively, if used as directed, and have changed my life. My one wish is that the company would provide a 7-day patch; trying to remember a change every 4 days does not click with our life schedule. Ironically, my "bathroom urgency" will remind me of a patch change should I forget. :-)

For the people reporting less than success with these patches - you might have a problem that should be reviewed by a urologist. I, like many finding these successful, are just experiencing unexpected small lack of full urine control for the very first time.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on October 30, 2013
Like other users, I was skeptical but had to try it. I bought the smallest box I could locally to give it a shot. I applied it at 9 pm and then went to bed. For the first time in years, I wasn't awakened in the middle of the night to practically wet myself getting to the bathroom. Slept all night long and CASUALLY strolled to the bathroom in the morning. I'm not even 24 hours into the use of this first patch and I'm sold on the product already. Only side effect I have is a little dry mouth. Honestly, I'd rather have dry mouth than wet pants! LOVE them!
124 helpful votes
125 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on October 30, 2015
I bought this product from a regular store and used it for a couple of months and loved it. It really worked and the patches stayed put even in the heat and humidity where I live. However, I have bought 2 boxes online and am 3/4 of the way through the first box and I am not happy. The patches don't stay on through a shower and I am having to resort to medical tape to keep them on. Also, after they get wet, they are not as effective. At over $50 dollars a box, I can't afford to buy this product if I am using a patch a day. I checked the expiration dates on the boxes and they are well within those dates. I don't know if these are bad batches or if they have been stored incorrectly so that the adhesive is damaged but either way, I will not be buying this product from this seller again.
4 helpful votes
on April 23, 2015
I am in my 60's and had been taking the very pricey Vesicare for a number of years. I went to refill the prescription in February and needed to pay the nearly $300. co-pay. I told the tech to reshelf it and I will think of an alternative. I ordered first from Drugstore.com and tried the patch. It worked surprisingly well! I was pleased and did not get up to go to the bathroom during the night. I did some research and found I could have it auto sent from Amazon. For the two months I have been using it, I have only gotten up 2 or 3 times to use the bathroom at night, prior to this almost every night I was up. The down side is the patch leaves a mark of old sticky stuff around the edge when removed. Though a little inconvenient, it comes off with rubbing alcohol.
4 helpful votes
on June 14, 2014
My doctor had me on Detrol la for for several years. It was very drying to my eyes and mouth, plus costly. I was drinking water so much he had me checked for diabetes! I saw this advertised on TV and thought I'd try it. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS PATCH!! I can afford this and no taking capsules/ pills. To keep track of when I need my next patch, I write the date on my patch when I apply it. I'm so happy with this product, I have it on my Amazon subscribe list and save alittle more money. It may not work as well for others, but I say try it and decide for yourself!

3/25/2015

I thought I would do an update. I've been on this patch for over a year. Usually, I change it on fifth and sometimes sixth day of wearing it. I am Very pleased with this patch. I strongly recommend you try this instead of paying big bucks.

My only concern is that the last 3 months, the patch doesn't seem to adhere as well. I think that the adhesive is weaker. Sometimes it won't stay on for 4-6 days as it originally did. It is still worth the price. And yes, I continue buying this in my subscription with Amazon. It is shipped in a timely manner and arrives without any damage to the box it came it. Thank you Amazon.

MKS
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 21, 2014
I like this product very much. I am a 49 yo female with slight bladder control issues. I am in good shape and thin enough, but I have delivered 3 kids and this took a toll on my body. I am a jogger, and when I run I often cannot hold my bladder. I found that within hours of putting on this patch for the first time, I remembered that I had not had to urinate recently, a first in a long time. I don't wake up thinking that I have to run to the bathroom. I feel this is giving me a lot of control over my bathroom timing.

Pros:
* It works
* It works
* It works

Cons:
* Plastic crinkles slightly when walking. I don't like the noise, but I don't think anyone else would notice
* Plastic is shiny and a bit noticeable
* Edges of plastic pick up a little color from clothing

I would like a different delivery mechanism, either daily patches or oral medication, but I am thrilled that this works for me.
on October 23, 2015
This produce used to be carried over the counter but for some unknown reason they are no longer available at my local drug stores- any of them..I was told it had been pulled from the shelves. so, I had been using the patches as an alternative to taking a prescription pill with even more side effects than these patches, but when they were pulled from the shelves I had no alternative except to look on-line for them. What I found was that they were twice as expensive on-line than when they were sold over the counter. I won't be purchasing them again on line, and will be talking to my doctor about what else to use. However, if you are thinking about using them, let me tell you this. They do work in controlling urge incontinence. I like them because they didn't require taking another pill in addition to all the other pills I take for various reasons. They stick okay for the first day or two, until you shower or bathe then they get loose or fall off, so I resorted to using surgical tape over the patch to keep it secure. My skin did not react favorably to the adhesive, and by day 4 I was itching like crazy, and had to remove the patch and place it somewhere else. My skin is discolored from the reaction to what I think is the adhesive, but maybe its to the medicine. I don't know. but I have blotches on my skin everywhere I used a patch. so there are both good and bad aspects of this product, which is why it got a 3 star.
1 helpful vote
on August 30, 2015
The patches work quite well with me. I had developed urgency last summer which was horrible(prior only stress stuff, little drips rarely). I had heard about the Oxytrol patches. We were visiting friends and I was worried about ruining our friends' bedding & bed! So my hubby stopped at a drug store and I bought a pack. What a difference! I have sensitive skin also, so I place the patches on my flank area & switch them around. I'll prepare the skin either by swabbing with alcohol or just wash & dry the area before applying. I've worn other medicated patches in the past for other reasons. This patch material isn't made well or something(why I gave 4 stars). Make sure you apply it as smoothly as you can & try to avoid areas where you have a lot of movement. Most of the time, the patch does shift a little bit exposing adhesive. You make get what appears to be a little dirty adhesive. It's not a lot to put up with considering it's effectiveness. When it's time to change the patch, I use alcohol to remove the adhesive. Then I'll apply some gel baby oil(lotion is fine). Remember not to place the new patch over an area where you have lotion, or it won't stick. This is another reason why I rotate the skin areas. And of course, don't forget to get in the habit of doing your Kegel exercises daily. They really help also. (Now, my problem is availability!)
1 helpful vote