Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.49 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, Elegant Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects - weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts between 5 units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) and displays results on an easy-to-read LCD screen - e.g. easily convert 539 grams to 1.188 pounds to 1 pound 3 ounces to 19.01 ounces to 539 ml.
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome, and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation. Cleans and stores easily.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) that automatically power-off after 2-minutes to preserve battery life, and an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed). Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Ozeri Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, Elegant Black
Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale Multifunction Food Scale, 11 lb 5 kg, Silver, Stainless Steel (Batteries Included)
AMIR 500g/0.01g Digital Kitchen Scale, High-precision Pocket Food Scale, Multifunctional Pro Scale with Back-Lit LCD Display, Tare, PCS Features, Stainless Steel, Batteries Included (Silver)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Etekcity||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||AMIR Direct|
|Item Dimensions||1.75 x 8.25 x 6 in||0.71 x 7.09 x 5.51 in||7.1 x 8.7 x 1.6 in||1.8 x 8 x 6 in||6 x 8 x 1.2 in||6.4 x 1 x 5.1 in|
Proudly selected by the Dana Farber Cancer Institute for a Harvard Medical School study on the link between weight loss and the prevention of breast cancer, the new Pronto Digital Kitchen Scale by Ozeri is an uncompromising multifunction scale for the kitchen and home. The Pronto is built with the latest generation in sensor technology to ensure an accurate and immediate response for the fast-paced chef, and features a newly enlarged weighing platform - one of the largest in its class, to accommodate larger bowls and food items. Elegantly designed with a refined finish, the Pronto also doubles as a postage machine for your mail or a scale for your children's science projects. The ultimate companion for the serious cook, the Pronto's large Unit button lets you change the unit of measurement with push-button ease, with 5 different units to choose from (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) - e.g. convert (539.8 grams) to (1.19 pounds) to (1 pound 3 ounces) to (19.04 ounces) to (539.8 ml). The widescreen LCD displays provides wide viewing angle for the fast moving chef. Manufactured to rigorous quality specifications, the Pronto weighs up to 11.24 pounds (5100 grams) in graduations of just 0.05 ounces (1 gram) to help you achieve your diet and weight goals. The Pronto also features an ever handy Tare button which automatically subtracts the weight of any bowl or container to calculate the net weight of your ingredients. The Pronto's Tare and Unit buttons provide an audible and tactile click confirmation so you never have to push twice when preparing meals in a hurry. The Pronto's aesthetic design and availability in multiple colors complement any kitchen decor, and it cleans quickly and stores easily. The Pronto runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) with an easy-access battery compartment, and 2-minute automatic power-off to preserve battery life. It also ships with a bonus set of batteries, and is guaranteed by Ozeri's No-Hassle Warranty.
Top customer reviews
**This is NOT a paid or subsidized review. [...]
* Small profile doesn't take up a lot of counter space.
* Looks nice.
* Easy to clean - I just wipe it down with a Clorox wipe.
* Simple and intuitive to use.
* Allows for measurements in a variety of units (grams, ounces, pounds, etc)
* The "tare" button is the best feature because it lets me zero out the weight of a container like a small plate or bowl, and only weigh the food that I put inside that container or bowl.
* Long battery life. I've used it daily for over a month and it has about 1/3 battery life left.
* Lightweight and easy to move around, store, or travel with.
* If you want to put a dinner plate on the scale, zero out the scale, and then weigh the food that you put on the plate, the rim of the plate will obscure the screen (see image).
* The first scale I received malfunctioned right away, but the second one has been great. I don't know how much of a fluke it was that the first scale malfunctioned.
Overall it's been a great addition to the kitchen. I would buy this scale again.
But the seller didn't list accuracy specifications, only the resolution. So I checked it out and there are pictures included.
*note: all weights (class F) calibrated and traceable to NIST
I Conducted a simple test at 4 test points 1000, 2500, 4000 and 5000 grams and the readings were 1000, 2500, 4001, and 5004 grams respectively
I would put this scales accuracy at +/- 0.1% of reading + 1 gram.
Which for this price is pretty incredible
Very good product.
1. Usually I feel this scale is spot on, however, occasionally, the scale with jump back in forth between two numbers that are .03 of an ounce off. It happens with all sorts of food, I'm just not sure what the problem is -- sometimes it just can't make up its mind. This is a little annoying to me as I like to be as precise as possible, but it may not annoy you.
2. As many reviewers have noted, the display is small and thoughtlessly placed relative to the scale platform, so yes, your view is obstructed when using bigger dishes. I honestly thought I would not be vexed by this, but I have to admit it does get rather annoying to have to keep bending down to get a view of the readout.
3. Not sure if this is just my scale or not, but ever since day 1 the plastic coating that goes over the black portion of the scale seems to be bubbling and is very worn at the on/tare button. This is more of a cosmetic issue, but it still is a little bothersome.
Despite these issues I have to give the product 4 stars. It has helped me tremendously while recording my meals, I haven't had to replace the batteries since I purchased it several months ago, it does automatically go off but in an appropriate amount of time (I've never had it go off on me while I was cooking), it has several different units of measurement, and the tare option works great. Overall for the money I spent on this, I am confident I purchased the best scale at this price point.
However, while it is a fairly decent unit, and it does the job, I sometimes run into a problem where the scale needs to be tared again, as it flickers between units. I am measuring in ounces, primarily, and I suspect that the actual measurements is in something else (maybe grams?). It also has a fairly large gap between two units when measuring in ounces, so the sensitivity isn't the greatest. I would say the sensitivity is around 0.04 to 0.06 ounces. I also noticed that the sensitivity for grams was 2 grams (i.e. it would measure from 0 and to go 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc.). If you require a more accurate scale, you may want to get a better unit.
For very basic kitchen use, however, this should suffice. I would rate it as "average," sufficient for general purpose provided it's at a good sale price.
Most recent customer reviews