BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on April 2, 2012
For some reason I just expected to have to pay more for an electric opener. Now first of all, I would have NEVER gotten this for myself. However, no matter how much I tried to show my wife how to use a bar / waiter style opener she just struggled with making it work.

I decided to surprise her with an electric opener. After seeing how much these cost I was surprised. I thought they would cost more. So now that I was sticker "un-shocked" I was looking for the highest rated. Well that's where I found that maybe a good quality, highly rated, electric wine opener just didn't exist.

After reading through many reviews for many different openers I took a chance on this unit, and now only time will tell. I can report back and declare it does handle synthetic cork with no problem (at least from Apothic Red). The process is so easy, I could train a chinchilla to open wine with this thing. Step one: put opener on bottle. Step Two: Press down button and hold until it stops. Step Three: Remove opener from bottle. Step Four: Press up button until cork falls out. Done.

My Wife loves it. And now no more of her asking for my help in recovering a chewed up cork from her failed attempt at using the bar screw.
on February 28, 2015
Holy Sh*t!!! This thing is awesome. I had some friends from Italy dropping by for some wine and cheese the next week and I ordered the Ozeri Pro on a whim. The reviews were much better for the Ozeri Pro than the reviews for other electric bottle openers, but not really great. But I thought it might get a laugh from my friends whether it really worked or not. On the advice of one of the reviewers, I bought a bottle of wine immediately to "practice" on so I wouldn't fumble around with the gadget in front of people. The wine I chose had a "synthetic" cork.... rumored to be more difficult to extract. So I re-read the instructions, positioned the bottle, and WOW, the Ozeri Pro was amazing. No practice needed, no fumbling, no partial or broken corks. Just perfect cork extractions every time. Easy! Wow!! I love this thing. Oh - turns out my friends from Italy have a Ozeri Pro --- NO KIDDING. Got it as a wedding present and they love it, too!
on October 10, 2017
This is a wonderful product, especially for someone such as myself who is having problems with tendonitis in their hands, making it a hurtful experience opening wine bottles with conventional openers. I've only used this electric opener once to date, but it was really amazing how easily the cork came out with no effort on my part at all. Added bonuses that came with the wine opener are the foil cutter that has its own slot on the back of the charging unit and the bottle pourer/stopper. I purchased this particular opener based on previous good reviews which were totally correct. I give this item the highest rating for its convenience, satisfaction, and ease of use. Buy it!
on March 26, 2017
I had to edit this & add the followup: Ozeri customer service read my review, contacted me, & offered (since the 1-year warranty was up) to send me a fully refurbished unit free of charge. Got it in about two weeks, it looked brand new, & works great. They also sent a UPS return label to send my original one back in the same box. I thought that shows they really care about the satisfaction of their customers.

Original review: Worked OK for about two years then stopped working & stopped charging. Must be an electrical malfunction because, even though the battery is obviously dead, the charging light only comes on when it's in the charging base & one of the buttons is pushed. I paid less than $25.00 for it but still I didn't consider it a disposable item. I went back to opening bottles manually but, if I do decide to get another battery operated opener, it won't be an Ozeri product.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2017
What a nicely built and well-designed wine opener! After trying several other name brands and having them break, jam up, or fail to charge--sometimes within a year of purchase--I went online to a few forums and wine review sites and saw this Ozeri as very highly recommended and rated. We've only had it a few weeks, but so far so good. I especially like the foil cutter that sits cleverly in the back of the charging stand--no rummaging through a drawer to find one--and the stopper that comes with it is great as well. The cherry on top is how nice it looks on our counter (we bought the black one) and how comfortable it is in your hand to hold. Highly recommend this product!
on January 2, 2017
Not sure how something this good could be so cheap. I promise if you give this as a gift people will think you spent $50 easy. Had it for a year and works flawless. I've charged it twice in a year and it has opened about 8 bottles a month.
review image
on February 22, 2014
**UPDATE**
As of May 2017 this unit is not longer strong enough to pull a cork. On a full days charge it will only pull about 1/3 of a cork. That was about 3.5 years of life, so at the purchase price of ~$26 that was about 61 cents a month, or roughly 2 cents a day for its lifespan. I don't know if I should have expected a longer life, but I did expect it to last longer, so I'm taking one star back.
**END UPDATE**

This was a gift last year (December, 2013), and a year later (2014), it's still working great.

It fits in with our other kitchen appliances, very unobtrusive, yet it's there when needed and so much simpler to use than the other fancy manual mechanical bottle openers we have tucked away in the cupboards.
on October 26, 2012
I have tried several manual wine bottle openers; simple designs like a metal corkscrew on a wooden handle through sophisticated mechanisms such as the "Rabbit". The Rabbit, in my opinion, has too much plastic in it for serious wine drinkers. I open one bottle almost every night, and my Rabbit lasted less than a year before the plastic around one of the pivot points cracked and broke off. My simple corkscrew is still intact, but with recalcitrant corks it is a bad choice because you have no leverage.

This is the first powered wine bottle opener I have purchased. I have been using it for almost two months, so it's fair to say I have opened about 50 bottles so far. The foil cutter is great; it stores conveniently in a slot on the back of the base charger unit. The pouring spout is very nice; I thought initially it was a bit of a gimmick, but I now use it all the time since it is almost drip-less and the stopper fits inside it to close up an unfinished bottle.

Operation is simple, although there are some potential improvements here. But on the whole I am very happy with the unit.

Here's a snapshot of using this opener:

1) Remove the foil using the foil cutter. Only moderate pressure is needed in my experience since it is sharp!
2) Place the opener over the neck of the wine bottle. Hold the bottle to prevent it from rotating. Push the opener down with moderate pressure (the corkscrew will not drill down into the cork otherwise) and depress the lower (extract) button.
3) When the corkscrew has started pulling out the cork, switch to applying very light upward pressure on the opener. This is so that you can tell when the cork is out, and take you thumb off the "extract" button. The unit does not auto-reverse. You only need to apply very light upward pressure, since the unit will do all the work of pulling out the cork, you just need to be able to tell when it is done (it's obvious, don't worry).

You will know when the corkscrew has begun to pull out the cork, because the hand holding the wine bottle will feel the difference in torque (rotational force) the opener is applying to the bottle. Once the cork breaks its seal to the glass bottle and starts drawing out, the torque drops off dramatically. One bottle and you will see what I mean.

4) Once the cork is out of the bottle. Stop pressing the lower "extract" button, and press the upper "release" button. The cork will fall out of the bottom of the opener in a few seconds, and you are done.

Here's what prevented me from giving this opener a five star rating:

1) The user has to take some special steps to get the corkscrew started. The body of the unit does not apply any significant pressure to the wine bottle itself, so to start it you have to hold the bottle firmly and press down firmly on the opener (in order to apply pressure to the corkscrew). If you do not hold the bottle firmly, it will rotate with the corkscrew, and if you do not press down firmly, the corkscrew will not begin drilling down into the cork.

2) It does not auto-reverse (to release the cork) when the cork is out of the bottle.
on July 16, 2017
Bought this wine opener in June 2013- it has given us 4 years of great service but alas we wore it out- I think the battery has been through to many cycles. This opener has opened well over 1000 bottles of wine with no problem. Great product.
on March 24, 2016
Wow. Great product. No more struggles & half removed corks or broken corks. Works as smooth as anyone could ask for. Included cutter for metal cork cover is amazing. This will be our Christmas present for all my wine-o friends. Great housewarming gift too. Is has worked fine for three months...and that's a lot of wine! But once it broke the rim of the bottle and lately it only works sometime. Of course it is too late to return it and I've found no way to contact Ozeri directly. So I'm here to adjust my star rating.