Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 564 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 622 reviews
on March 16, 2014
We got this opener 20 months ago and it worked well for about a year. Then it started not fully charging. We tried wedging the opener on the charger to see if it would help alas it gradually got to the point where after 18 months it didn't have the power to open a bottle of wine. I decided to take a chance and contact their customer service and the person contacted me with a couple of hours on a Sunday! After a few emails back and forth she claimed I should not have been leaving the opener on the charger since that causes it to overcharge. I told her it didn't say that anywhere in the instructions, only to run the opener manually occasionally to run down the charge. She told me she was sorry but because I was past the 12 month warranty period that I was out of luck. I told her I understood but I would need to write a review on Amazon to make others aware that this is a throw away item after 12 months. She responded back that she 'checked' with her manager who offered to replace my opener if I would return the defective one. So I agreed and got a new opener in 5 days and returned the old one. Maybe mine was a lemon but I suspect rechargeable items have at max a 2 year lifespan. Regardless I did get great customer service and if my opener lasts more than a year this time I will be sure to update this review then!
on March 26, 2017
Worked OK for about two years then stopped working & stopped charging. Must be an electrical malfunction because, even though the battery is obviously dead, the charging light only comes on when it's in the charging base & one of the buttons is pushed. I paid less than $25.00 for it but still I didn't consider it a disposable item. I went back to opening bottles manually but, if I do decide to get another battery operated opener, it won't be an Ozeri product.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2017
Not sure how something this good could be so cheap. I promise if you give this as a gift people will think you spent $50 easy. Had it for a year and works flawless. I've charged it twice in a year and it has opened about 8 bottles a month.
review image
on December 15, 2014
Awesome.well my father said it was the best gift he's had in many many years..what do you get one of those people who has everything you have to be creative if anybody in your family drinks wine I highly recommend this because it is very inexpensive and a very high quality
on April 4, 2017
Broke right after return window closed! The cork got stuck inside and the buttons stopped working for either direction. The cork is out but the screw is in the way and can't even sit on the charger.
on March 30, 2017
It was good for about a month and a half...but when it stopped working we realized it was never charging. The power source is bad...bit of course it's too late to return it 😌
on January 26, 2016
Underpowered... really struggles to pull the cork... just came across this... however ours has been sittin for a couple years (probaly 2.5-3) and havent used since...
on March 4, 2017
Replacement for one bought 1.5 years ago . Works great but wish had better battery life
on March 8, 2017
After using on 2 times, the battery started smoking. I took it outside & left it, afraid it would catch the house on fire. would definitely not buy this again.
on April 6, 2017
Bought it for my husband, and he loves it! So practical and easy to use.