Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,402 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,570 reviews
on February 13, 2017
This little gadget is a lifesaver. I broke my previous manual wine opener inside a cork (i.e., cheap), and the metal part of the opener was deep inside the cork. I placed this one on top and it managed the pull the cork out intact. The little light show that it puts on is a nice effect too. Now, it does take a little elbow grease, as you'll have to help it just a bit to pull the cork out, but it's nothing compared to manually screwing in an opener. I find that I usually have to push the 'down button' until the screw is completely in the cork, and then wiggle the opener around just a bit to loosen the cork, before pressing the up button. I've opened about 7 bottles with the original charge that was on the opener when I took it out of the box.
on May 12, 2011
I bought this primarily for my wife, but it works so well that it's pretty much the only opener we use now. It hasn't found a cork it couldn't pull, it ejects the cork with aplomb after pulling, and it holds a charge for weeks in daily use. It's not perfect, but it's really good.

The first one we received had the problem others have noted, with the cutter mount on the top of the corkscrew. The cap cutter mounts onto the top of the unit by a quarter-turn engagement onto a pair of lugs. The idea is fine, but execution was poor: the lugs were moulded from the body plastic of the corkscrew, and were less than a millimeter thick - just a pair of thin plastic wings. They broke immediately, so the cap cutter would no longer store on top of the corkscrew.

I wrote to the manufacturer, who was quite apologetic. He actually telephoned and advised me that I must have received an early one, some of which were indeed flawed, and who offered to send me a replacement at no cost - which he did. Great, attentive company.

The new one is made in the same way as the original, though now the plastic lugs are a somewhat under 2 mm thick. That's enough thicker that it has held up. But as an engineer, my sense is that Ozeri would have been better served by making the lugs quite a lot thicker - without other modifications, there's actually plenty of room for 3mm, which would have been about right. I don't quite understand why they didn't do that.

Anyway, it's now a really good tool, and I'd recommend it to anyone.
on October 23, 2015
when I first started using this I thought it was the greatest corkscrew. I like the blue light and can see the cork being taken out of the bottle. I have only had it a little while and already it is slowing down. While it was supposed to stay charged up for a long time I need to plug it in all of the time and it gets slower and slower with time and then does not work at all.
Not the best opener out there but as i said--- it is pretty
on May 21, 2017
Tried it for the first time. This is a five star product. Felt like I had been in the stone age and someone gave me a smart phone. This product is just that far ahead of other devices I have tried. It worked perfectly. Even the foil cutter operated perfectly. Never going back to straining and pulling and sweating to get to my favorite wine
on February 5, 2017
The Opener looks great and works sufficiently well however the foil cutter needs a little redesign as everyone who's used it pressed on it (like how you're supposed to do when it's actually on a bottle) and it cuts into the top of the device. The motor also strains under load to the point of getting really slow but since it's managed to successfully pull out all the corks I've thrown at it I'm not going to ding it for that. I'm satisfied with the purchase and would probably buy another if mine disappeared for some reason.
on February 14, 2017
Very cool wine opener, I love that it lights up and is rechargeable. Certainly makes a nice gift for wine lovers. I bought it for ~$8, and it looks/functions more or less the same as the more pricier wine openers with similar features. I hope this wine opener lasts, but for the price I bought it for, what more could you ask for?
on January 17, 2016
I've bought two of these now. For the price you get an excellent opener. Come with a rechargeable wall plug. Make sure to hold the wine bottle stead while you start the opener in the cork. It pulls it out quickly then push the lever again and it releases the cork. Much easier than manual openers. I bought the first one and then another for a gift.
on May 31, 2016
This handy item is so easy to use. Place it on the bottle firmly, press and hold the down button until the cork is removed. Lift off bottle. Press and hold the up button and it pushes out the cork. Easy peesy. There are a couple of YouTube videos out there if you are a visual learner, but trust me, it really is just as easy as I state above. With the cost of regular wine bottle openers being so expensive (and they are challenging for me to use) I just couldn't resist this electric opener at under $16. The foil cutter is so handy too. Usually after using the foil cutter it doesn't look like it's cut (I guess because it does it's job so neatly), but I'll lift up on the foil and off it comes.
I recently purchased the "Lily's Home Double Wall Gel Freezer Mugs" which keep your wine cold without having to add ice - I recommend them!
on September 15, 2015
I had 2 other electric wine openers, by a different mfg, that I loved. That is, until they both broke after only 2 years. I was so disappointed that I decided to try this brand instead and like it much better than the others. I like the fact there isn't a huge charger but, rather, a small cord. The others came with a foil cutter that stored in the charging base. This one has it screwed onto the top - much more convenient especially if using outside and/or in a different room. The contoured shape makes it much easier (than the others) to grip and hold while opening a bottle. I've only had it for a couple months so have fingers crossed that it'll last longer than 2 years!
on March 18, 2017
Love this wine opener!! I had an battery operated wine opener for several years, but I accidently broke it. I liked the light up feature on the Ozeri and decided to get it. I've been very happy with it!! Love that it lights up so I can easily center it, and the foil cutter is great!! Way better than my previous one. I've used it at least 20 times, and just put it on the charger, although it hasn't showed any sign of slowing down.