Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,368 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,529 reviews
on February 13, 2017
This little gadget is a lifesaver. I broke my previous manual wine opener inside a cork (i.e., cheap), and the metal part of the opener was deep inside the cork. I placed this one on top and it managed the pull the cork out intact. The little light show that it puts on is a nice effect too. Now, it does take a little elbow grease, as you'll have to help it just a bit to pull the cork out, but it's nothing compared to manually screwing in an opener. I find that I usually have to push the 'down button' until the screw is completely in the cork, and then wiggle the opener around just a bit to loosen the cork, before pressing the up button. I've opened about 7 bottles with the original charge that was on the opener when I took it out of the box.
on November 8, 2014
This wine opener works great. I've had it for about 9 months now. Pros listed below.

Pros:
1. The top unscrews and can be used to cut the foil on the wine bottle. The best way to do this is to hold the top steady and rotate the wine bottle under it. Cuts through the foil easily.
2. The corkscrew works great going into the cork, removing it, and then coming out of the cork.
3. Cool blue light when plugged in or rotating the corkscrew

Overall: I use this wine opener all the time. I don't even remember when I last used my old manual corkscrew! The only thing I cannot speak to is the battery life since I keep it plugged in most of the time. I would definitely recommend this item!
on January 11, 2016
I do not know anything about wines. When it comes to opening wines I usually hand it over to someone nearby.

With the Ozeri I no longer have to feel like a complete moron. The top takes off the foil. There's a button that says up and down. See? Even for me I got that. It plugs in to charge. I love this thing!! i gave one to my friend who is a wine freak. I shouldn't say freak; connoisseur. People talking wines I still hear: sgowiegnwfoeig. Of course, that could be Dutch, who knows.
Enjoy the Ozeri. It makes anyone feel like they don't have to know what they're doing.
on August 11, 2011
I ordered this wine opener for my husband for his birthday. He is famous for tearing up a cork when he uses a traditional cork-screw. I had heard of electric wine openers before, but never used one. After checking out the reviews and the price, I decided it would be worth it to give this one a try. In my mind, even if it didn't really work as great as I would have expected at least it would be good as a joke gift.

Boy was I surprised once we got this home and started using it. This is a fantastic product! It is easy to use, quick, and pretty cool at that. It has kept it's charge really well so far, and I have to say that I am impressed. My husband has no idea what I paid, but I know he wouldn't believe how great of a deal I got. A regular, old fashioned cork-screw doesn't cost much less and it is way harder to use. I love this product, and I think I'll be getting one for my Mom soon!
on May 12, 2011
I bought this primarily for my wife, but it works so well that it's pretty much the only opener we use now. It hasn't found a cork it couldn't pull, it ejects the cork with aplomb after pulling, and it holds a charge for weeks in daily use. It's not perfect, but it's really good.

The first one we received had the problem others have noted, with the cutter mount on the top of the corkscrew. The cap cutter mounts onto the top of the unit by a quarter-turn engagement onto a pair of lugs. The idea is fine, but execution was poor: the lugs were moulded from the body plastic of the corkscrew, and were less than a millimeter thick - just a pair of thin plastic wings. They broke immediately, so the cap cutter would no longer store on top of the corkscrew.

I wrote to the manufacturer, who was quite apologetic. He actually telephoned and advised me that I must have received an early one, some of which were indeed flawed, and who offered to send me a replacement at no cost - which he did. Great, attentive company.

The new one is made in the same way as the original, though now the plastic lugs are a somewhat under 2 mm thick. That's enough thicker that it has held up. But as an engineer, my sense is that Ozeri would have been better served by making the lugs quite a lot thicker - without other modifications, there's actually plenty of room for 3mm, which would have been about right. I don't quite understand why they didn't do that.

Anyway, it's now a really good tool, and I'd recommend it to anyone.
on October 23, 2015
when I first started using this I thought it was the greatest corkscrew. I like the blue light and can see the cork being taken out of the bottle. I have only had it a little while and already it is slowing down. While it was supposed to stay charged up for a long time I need to plug it in all of the time and it gets slower and slower with time and then does not work at all.
Not the best opener out there but as i said--- it is pretty
on August 19, 2013
I bought this wine opener for my mother last Christmas. I know that I absolutely hate trying to use traditional wine openers, and sometimes it just seems impossible to open. Not to mention the fact that it takes a long time. Well, this electric opener has been a wonder for my mom! It's so convenient and easy to use. It gets the cork out of your wine with just a press of a button. So simple. Plus, theres a foil cutter that will take off the foil from a brand new bottle of wine. You don't have to worry about peeling those yourself anymore!

As awesome as this appliance is, I do have a suggestion for any future updates on this product. My mother happened to misplace the charger somewhere. Needless to say, this wine opener is useless when it's not charged. If this company is every taking suggestions for improvements, I'd say that these should have the choice of being battery operated in addition to the charger. That way, if anything happens to the charger, whether it's broken or misplaced, customers will still have a way to use this.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener. It really is amazing and convenient. You'll never have to struggle with another cork again when you have this wonder in your possession!!

ENJOY!!

4 STARS!

Brianna Lee Reviews
on May 21, 2017
Tried it for the first time. This is a five star product. Felt like I had been in the stone age and someone gave me a smart phone. This product is just that far ahead of other devices I have tried. It worked perfectly. Even the foil cutter operated perfectly. Never going back to straining and pulling and sweating to get to my favorite wine
on March 2, 2017
If somehow you struggle with other wine openers and hate messing them up, this definitely gets the job done. However, the motor is weaker than expected (even when fully charged), and I have to really brace the bottle done. I end up wasting more time and energy with this than a normal corkscrew. It's pretty much a novelty or for people new to wine.
on February 5, 2017
The Opener looks great and works sufficiently well however the foil cutter needs a little redesign as everyone who's used it pressed on it (like how you're supposed to do when it's actually on a bottle) and it cuts into the top of the device. The motor also strains under load to the point of getting really slow but since it's managed to successfully pull out all the corks I've thrown at it I'm not going to ding it for that. I'm satisfied with the purchase and would probably buy another if mine disappeared for some reason.