Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 31, 2016
My wife has never been able to master a traditional cork screw, or any other opener for that matter. I have bought many different types of openers and she still struggles.

If I am traveling for work and she needs to open a bottle after a trying day with our children, I immediately will get a phone call with harsh language about her need for wine. I have even reduced myself to letting neighbors know when I am traveling in case she needs a bottle opened.

After seeing an opener like this at a friends house, I decided to try yet one more type of opener. I didn't hold much hope for it performing well since she has not been able to master any before. After spending hundreds of dollars in openers over the past 10 years, I had given up hope that I would ever have another business trip without being chastised for not being there to open her wine.

I may be the father of her children, the home handyman and many other things, but opening wine may be my most important job to my wife. And I never hear the end of it when I am not available.

This opener however, has given me the freedom to travel. Dare I say it even gives me the peace of mind to go to a baseball game with my friends and not be in the doghouse for a week because wine could not be opened in my absence.

It just works that good. And it has saved my marriage. At least for now as I am sure some other shortcoming will be found, but at least I know she will be able to open her wine, and hopefully forget about that shortcoming.
on April 18, 2016
Well we loved it while it lasted. Bought it 11 months ago. Just this week it stopped working. We don't open that many bottles of wine. It certainly did not open "40 or so" on a single charge. When it stopped this week I figured it was out of juice and plugged it in over night. However, now it does just what this other reviewer described:
"... the battery no longer retains enough juice to make it work properly. The motor spins and makes a 'working noise' but the power isn't sufficient to even scratch the surface of a cork." I cannot locate any information on how to contact the company, not even on the company's website. I liked the general idea and hope I can find a better one that works longer.
on May 15, 2016
So loud but so worth it! I can open a wine bottle pretty quickly with a wine key but I just don't want to... The foil cutter makes this especially easy and I hardly ever have to charge it. In fact I've been using it for months and don't think I've had to charge it once!
on February 13, 2017
This little gadget is a lifesaver. I broke my previous manual wine opener inside a cork (i.e., cheap), and the metal part of the opener was deep inside the cork. I placed this one on top and it managed the pull the cork out intact. The little light show that it puts on is a nice effect too. Now, it does take a little elbow grease, as you'll have to help it just a bit to pull the cork out, but it's nothing compared to manually screwing in an opener. I find that I usually have to push the 'down button' until the screw is completely in the cork, and then wiggle the opener around just a bit to loosen the cork, before pressing the up button. I've opened about 7 bottles with the original charge that was on the opener when I took it out of the box.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon January 4, 2017
Super easy to use.
Hold the down arrow and the screw goes thru cork and continues the motion to remove cork from bottle.
Hold the up arrow and the cork comes off. No muss, no fuss.

One catch. You can't use the cork again. The screw punctures all the way thru the cork.
I've tried to adapt but it's weighted against the bottle so it must puncture the cork.
If anyone has figured this out, please let me know.

Now, if you're like us and have spare corks or vacuum seals not a biggie.
If not, consider ordering something to accommodate your needs.

The foil remover is a breeze and super convenient to be built into top.
Also, when it charges, the soft blue light is kinda cool.

Hope this helps
on November 13, 2017
LOVE IT!! I'm a wine consultant and I open a lot of wine bottles. I got tired of twisting a manual one and got this one. Why did I wait!!? This is a amazing opener. Works like a charm. All you do is line up the worm in the middle of the cork and press the button and hold it until it stops. It goes in easily and comes out slowly. It might sound like it's running low on power when it's bringing it up but that's only for a second. Once it gets all the way out, press the top of the button and it unscrews the cork. Everyone at my wine tastings wants one!
on February 5, 2017
The Opener looks great and works sufficiently well however the foil cutter needs a little redesign as everyone who's used it pressed on it (like how you're supposed to do when it's actually on a bottle) and it cuts into the top of the device. The motor also strains under load to the point of getting really slow but since it's managed to successfully pull out all the corks I've thrown at it I'm not going to ding it for that. I'm satisfied with the purchase and would probably buy another if mine disappeared for some reason.
on August 2, 2013
I wanted to like this item but it did not work for me. The screw would go into the cork but would stall when it tried to pull the cork out. The red body was nice--colorful. I like the blue light. The foil cutter was integrated into the unit nicely. But if the Wine Opener doesn't open wine, then it is useless for me. I have purchased a different brand that does work.

Update #1:
After writing the above review, in spite if the fact that the invoice indicates that the unit was "Sold by Amazon," I was contacted by Moderna Housewares with an offer to replace the defective product. I informed them that I had already returned the unit for a refund and purchased a different brand wine opener. They continued to stand by their offer, no strings attached. They did not even ask me to update my review, but I thought it would be the right thing to do. This is customer service "to the max," far beyond what is expected. I have been informed that I will receive a replacement unit in 6-8 days. I will update this review further once I get the replacement unit and test it out. Once again, GREAT customer service by Moderna Housewares!

Update #2
I got the replacement unit. I charged it overnight (actually a couple of nights) and have only had opportunity to try it on only one bottle. The corkscrew went into the cork just fine and when it hit bottom and was supposed to start pulling the cork out, it hesitated/strained for just a half second or so and then pulled the cork out as it is supposed to do. It doesn't seem to have quite as much torque as the Oster unit I purchased in place of the original Ozeri unit, but it does work.

I originally rated this product as 1 star because the original unit failed to pull corks out of the bottle. If the first unit worked liked the replacement I just received, I would have been satisfied with it and given it 4 stars (I very seldom give 5 stars except for extarordinary service or product, far above what I expected). If I had received the original defective unit and sent it back and immediately ordered the same brand replacement (without customer service involvement) and it worked, I would have given it 3 stars due to the original defective unit. However due to the excellent customer service (which I rate 5 star due to being far above what I expected), I am changing my star rating to a 4 star. I would definitely purchase from Moderna Housewares again if the opportunity arises.

Update:
I have used this wine opener since I got it (see above) on one charge until it finally lost it's charge. I don't drink wine all the time, but fairly often. It's been so long since I originally charged it, I lost the charger. Since it has given such good service on one charge, I got a new one. Now I have a charger and two charged wine openers. I hope I don't lose this new charger before I need to charge oner or both of these again.
on October 30, 2015
I really do like this. It takes a few tries to learn how to get the corkscrew going in at the center of the cork, but it has worked on both natural cork and plastic corks. I like that the foil cutter is included, and that after you get the cork out you can reverse it and it releases the cork. Good idea, well designed and so far everything works very well. I have arthritis in my hands, and opening wine can be difficult without something like this. I do have a Cork Pop (with CO2 cartridge) and it's great on many types of corks, but not all of them. Sometimes the cork just won't budge. I have to admit that I've only opened 2 bottles of wine with it so far, but time will tell how long it lasts.
on January 11, 2016
I do not know anything about wines. When it comes to opening wines I usually hand it over to someone nearby.

With the Ozeri I no longer have to feel like a complete moron. The top takes off the foil. There's a button that says up and down. See? Even for me I got that. It plugs in to charge. I love this thing!! i gave one to my friend who is a wine freak. I shouldn't say freak; connoisseur. People talking wines I still hear: sgowiegnwfoeig. Of course, that could be Dutch, who knows.
Enjoy the Ozeri. It makes anyone feel like they don't have to know what they're doing.