Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,316 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,436 reviews
on August 24, 2010
I purchased this wine opener because I am a Flight Attendant. We open many bottles of wine and this opener has proved to be a wonderful gadget. The passengers love it and want to know where I got it. It's only drawback is the foil cutter. The piece that holds it in place on the wine opener needs to be much stronger. It broke off after a few uses. Even though it still works it's sometimes hard to keep up with. I love this opener so maybe Ozeri needs to go back to the drawing board and rethink how the foil cutter is attached. Maybe metal rather than plastic.
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2010
I have had this product approximately 10 months and it is still going strong on initial charge. We have owned several wine bottle openers in the past and this is the best we have ever had. I read some comments about the foil cutter being flawed but we have had no problem and it is used a lot. It is one of the few that my wife can use with no problem. Best value for the price out there. Purchased for $14.95, but still a good deal at $19.75.
Just want to update. We recently moved and misplaced the charger for our wine opener. I called Ozeri customer service to see where I could get a replacement and they VOLUNTEERED to send me a new one for no charge. Cant beat that for customer service!

12/1/15--Just an update to say our opener is still doing great. We now leave it plugged in most of the time as the batteries do not stay charged as long as they did however they still do a great job. I probably need to change the corkscrew as it seems to be a bit dull after all the years. We have given this as gift to several people and all have been very pleased. This has been a great opener for us and is even a greater value now at the $13.00 price.

1/3/17--This will be my final update on my Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener that I originally purchased in Oct 2010. The battery would no longer hold a charge and, rather than attempting to replace the battery, I ordered a new one just like it. I can only say that with over 16 years use, on almost a daily basis, this has been an exceptional bargain. Our appliances that we have paid thousands of dollars for have not lasted that long. I would also like to add that I am not connected with their Co. nor have I been given the product for a "trail basis". It is just my honest opinion of a quality product that you don't see much of now days.
0Comment| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2016
My wife has never been able to master a traditional cork screw, or any other opener for that matter. I have bought many different types of openers and she still struggles.

If I am traveling for work and she needs to open a bottle after a trying day with our children, I immediately will get a phone call with harsh language about her need for wine. I have even reduced myself to letting neighbors know when I am traveling in case she needs a bottle opened.

After seeing an opener like this at a friends house, I decided to try yet one more type of opener. I didn't hold much hope for it performing well since she has not been able to master any before. After spending hundreds of dollars in openers over the past 10 years, I had given up hope that I would ever have another business trip without being chastised for not being there to open her wine.

I may be the father of her children, the home handyman and many other things, but opening wine may be my most important job to my wife. And I never hear the end of it when I am not available.

This opener however, has given me the freedom to travel. Dare I say it even gives me the peace of mind to go to a baseball game with my friends and not be in the doghouse for a week because wine could not be opened in my absence.

It just works that good. And it has saved my marriage. At least for now as I am sure some other shortcoming will be found, but at least I know she will be able to open her wine, and hopefully forget about that shortcoming.
on April 18, 2016
Well we loved it while it lasted. Bought it 11 months ago. Just this week it stopped working. We don't open that many bottles of wine. It certainly did not open "40 or so" on a single charge. When it stopped this week I figured it was out of juice and plugged it in over night. However, now it does just what this other reviewer described:
"... the battery no longer retains enough juice to make it work properly. The motor spins and makes a 'working noise' but the power isn't sufficient to even scratch the surface of a cork." I cannot locate any information on how to contact the company, not even on the company's website. I liked the general idea and hope I can find a better one that works longer.
on January 28, 2016
The silver one is actually much better than the black Ozeri. I Blame it on the Chinese factory over producing the black so the same flaw become prevalent in the series. But I have owned 2 black wine openers and they both end up getting the same failure. The charger seating is loose, over time it will not be able to charge when you plug it into the charger. Where as the two silver wine openers I bought are much sturdier with the charge connection. Right now my last black wine opener is on its last legs I can get a charge going but then I can't move the wire or device in anyway. I think the Ozeri is a good brand for the price but stay away from the black version.
on February 13, 2017
This little gadget is a lifesaver. I broke my previous manual wine opener inside a cork (i.e., cheap), and the metal part of the opener was deep inside the cork. I placed this one on top and it managed the pull the cork out intact. The little light show that it puts on is a nice effect too. Now, it does take a little elbow grease, as you'll have to help it just a bit to pull the cork out, but it's nothing compared to manually screwing in an opener. I find that I usually have to push the 'down button' until the screw is completely in the cork, and then wiggle the opener around just a bit to loosen the cork, before pressing the up button. I've opened about 7 bottles with the original charge that was on the opener when I took it out of the box.
on March 2, 2017
If somehow you struggle with other wine openers and hate messing them up, this definitely gets the job done. However, the motor is weaker than expected (even when fully charged), and I have to really brace the bottle done. I end up wasting more time and energy with this than a normal corkscrew. It's pretty much a novelty or for people new to wine.
on September 13, 2010
At Christmas time, 2009, I purchased three Ozeri electric wine openers. I kept one and gave two as gifts. They are the easiest wine opener my arthritic fingers have ever used! Recently I was told the foil cutter and the recharge units were not working on one of the gifts. I contacted Ozeri directly and also Amazon.
Happily, Ozeri's Customer Service Specialist, Bryan, contacted me, sent a brand new replacement not just parts. I will certainly buy this product in the future from this seller.
Stella Sleater
on March 18, 2017
Love this wine opener!! I had an battery operated wine opener for several years, but I accidently broke it. I liked the light up feature on the Ozeri and decided to get it. I've been very happy with it!! Love that it lights up so I can easily center it, and the foil cutter is great!! Way better than my previous one. I've used it at least 20 times, and just put it on the charger, although it hasn't showed any sign of slowing down.
on March 15, 2017
I received the first as a Christmas present last year. It seemed to not work very well at first, I contacted the company and they offered to send a replacement. It started working fine after that so I just kept it. Overtime I have lost the charger, so bought a new one as replacement. My boyfriend was always skeptical of electric wine openers from past experiences, but once I finally got him to use this one, he absolutely loves it. The foil cutter top is very sharp and works perfect with just one or two twists.