Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 21, 2016
I purchased this a gift for a Yankee Swap, however ended up keeping it for myself. First of all, this wine opener is awesome! I purchased the silver one, and although it was slightly more, aesthetically it was well worth it! I can not even say how many times I have snapped a cork when trying to open a bottle of wine with a regular wine opener. This little gadget will eliminate your broken corks and allow you to open that bottle with ease! Quite honestly, what attracted me to this gadget the most is the blue light that goes on as it opens (hey, it's the little things!). In addition to the wine opener itself, the top come off so that you can remove the foil from your bottle (no more little foil pieces in your wine glass), plus you get the spout and the stopper which is great! Overall I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat. I do think that I will be getting more of these as gifts for my wine loving friends in the future! Cheers!
8 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
At first, I didn't think much of it. At first, a 4-star review was warranted for this product. After using it for a few times I decided to upgrade the score to a 5-star recommendation.

All things considered, the wine opener is a solid 4-star performer. It is efficient, fast, and powerful. I like the electrical system as it does not run on replaceable batteries (AA or AAA). There's nothing more disappointing on a dinner night where everything is all set, mood, music, flowers, everything, and your wine opener quits on you AND you don't have batteries. So, it's a plus to have wine opener that can be charged OR run directly plugged in. At first I thought that would limited where I open my wine (e.g., what if I want to open my wine in bed?) After a few uses I realize that despite how I *THINK* I will open a bottle of wine in bed I actually don't--I'd open the wine already and bring the bottle to bed (the cork will be loosely on). Why? Opening wine is more involved than just popping the cork. You have to take off the foil with foil cutter. Then you have to throw away the foil. And so on. So, as it turns out, most of us actually open our wine in the kitchen to get it prepared and then serve at the table. Again, if you want to pop the cork at the table, sure, this opener can do that for you. The opener can be operated cordless. So, there!

In addition, you get a foil cutter and a pour spout. A complete set. The pour spout is not that important as I hardly use the pour spout anyway. Reason: once the spout is in, you can't recork the bottle. Also, a bottle of wine usually serves 4 (large) or 6 (regular). Often a bottle won't even last so there is no need to spout it. Also, if you are really into wine then you know you need to decant the wine to let it breath. You'll be pouring the bottle into a decanter. Again, no pour spout needed for that. So, the spout is a good $2 gift that is not going to be used.

On the other hand, the foil cutter is a must! No wine opening set is complete with a foil cutter. The foil removal process can be far more annoying than screwing the cork and pulling it. Trust me.

For about, what, $15? You get a complete set of the two most essential tool: Foil Cutter and Cork Puller. I estimate this $15 will last at least 2 years or more. Absolutely worth it. The VALUE of this product is what earned it 5-star.

The time it takes to pull the cork is about 6-7 seconds. That's typical speed for most electric wine opener. It really doesn't matter. It's not like we are in the World's Fastest Cork Pulling Contest.

For $15, this is a great buy! Especially if you get it shipped for free.
7 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2012
 This is my new favorite toy! It's so fun to use, and extremely easy. I'm not skilled with a corkscrew so it's perfect for me. Check out the video to see how easy it is to use.
288 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 23, 2017
This one was a Birthday gift. This is version II. We have the same one in the original version I. So, I have to rate ours but seeing this it looks exactly like ours does, only a new updated version from ours of two years ago. It will open with one complete charge about 40+ corked bottles before you have to recharge. On top of the opener, there is an easy to use cutter making it easy to cut the foil, etc. around the cork.
3 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2017
I was a little nervous about buying this because it was a lot less than some of the name brand versions and there were a few poor reviews, but I am very happy with this opener!

I bought it for my wife because she has problems using other styles of corkscrews. We have several that are supposed to be easy, but she still struggles with them and gets frustrated. This thing takes all the hassle out of her getting sauced up! ;)

Very easy to use, opens wine with minimal effort, looks cool, seems well built, and is rechargeable. Extremely happy with it. The only thing I could say that would be less than 100% positive is that it is a tad bit noisy. But it pulls the cork out in about 10 seconds, so we've been able to suffer through the inconvenience.
2 people found this helpful
on August 18, 2017
Wine opener is easy to use. Have purchased two units, one for friend who saw mine. My top wine foil cover (silver ring) broke and does not attach permanently to unit. I would have expected item to not break. Did not mishandle. Not sure if it has a warranty.

UPDATE: Contacted company vie email and they will be sending me out new unit. Unit that is broken then will be returned. Contacted me within 3 hours to advise of new shipment. Outstanding customer service, moved my previous eval from 2 to 5 stars. Company stands behind the product.
2 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2018
This is an outstanding electric wine opener. Ease of operation couldn't be simpler: fit the clear plastic sleeve over the neck of the wine bottle, press down the toggle switch to extract the cork, then reverse the switch to remove the cork from the screw. Barring operator error, it's flawless. This model uses a wall adapter to recharge, although other models are battery-operated, eliminating the recharging step and the accumulation of adapters and cords.

The foil remover conveniently fits on top of the opener and, unlike many foil cutters, works very effectively to expose the cork for removal.

Compared to relatively less expensive manual cork removal devices, an electric opener seems like a needless extravagance, but its reliability, efficiency, and smooth operation makes it worth the additional expense, and largely eliminates broken corks, needless feats of strength, and spilled wine bottles.
One person found this helpful
on December 2, 2017
I have had this now for a little over a year. I open probably 3-5 bottles a week. I have charged it twice. (The first when I got it and just did my second charge a few months ago). I have had 2 Oster brands before this. I loved them (till they quit) but love this even more. You can see exactly where you are putting the screw in the cork which allows it to come out straight and you don't need a dedicated place for it by a wall outlet. The only problem I had was after about 9 months, when it finally needed to be charged, I couldn't remember where I put the charger...but I finally found which drawer it was in!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Wow, this is the best wine opener I've had so far! I've had about 5 others (I've lost count) and this one by far excels above the others. Powerful motor and takes about 8 seconds to pull the cork out of the bottle, and another 4 seconds to release the cork....done! I like how the foil cutter is part of the top of the opener as shown in my pic. With a half turn, the cutter is removed from the opener so you can use it to cut the foil off, then simply twist it back on the opener for storage again so you won't lose it. And, this cutter has two 1-inch curved blades for cutting, not only it is very efficient and quick at cutting but should last awhile, very nice design. Another cool feature not mentioned is the opener has two blue LED's light up pointing downward when you turn it on and when you are charging the batteries.....again, shown in the attached pic. So far, I love this wine opener and highly recommend it for anyone who no longer wants to struggle and waste time with the corks.
review imagereview image
10 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2017
I've used this twice so far, and am pretty happy with it. The foil cutter works well, but the way it is designed makes it uncomfortable to hold in your hand as you use it - it digs in to your hand and makes it awkward to hold as you try to squeeze and turn it (I've never had that problem with a foil cutter before). The corkscrew isn't flimsy, and I think it will last. It does slow waaay down and sound as though it is going to die for a few seconds in the middle of pulling the cork out, but so far it hasn't. It was fully charged both times, so I am assuming this is how it is supposed to work. *I will update if it becomes a problem.* It is nice that it stands on it's own, and that you can see the corkscrew going into the cork. I haven't used the wine stopper/pourer yet.