Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,161 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,303 reviews
on December 21, 2016
I purchased this a gift for a Yankee Swap, however ended up keeping it for myself. First of all, this wine opener is awesome! I purchased the silver one, and although it was slightly more, aesthetically it was well worth it! I can not even say how many times I have snapped a cork when trying to open a bottle of wine with a regular wine opener. This little gadget will eliminate your broken corks and allow you to open that bottle with ease! Quite honestly, what attracted me to this gadget the most is the blue light that goes on as it opens (hey, it's the little things!). In addition to the wine opener itself, the top come off so that you can remove the foil from your bottle (no more little foil pieces in your wine glass), plus you get the spout and the stopper which is great! Overall I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat. I do think that I will be getting more of these as gifts for my wine loving friends in the future! Cheers!
on March 1, 2011
What can I say? I read the reviews and they seemed very positive. I bought this as a gift and after trying it out I was impressed. I have a nice steel folding opener with a knife and corkscrew which works well for me. This opener is quite faster though and does the job great. The metal cutters cut the foil wrapper in just a couple good twists and the top wrapper slipped right off! When decorking I simply placed the corkscrew on the cork, pressed the down button, and drilled swiftley and easily into the cork. I was actually amazed at how easily the cork unscrewed. I pressed the up button and without any pulling on the cork the power of the motor speedily uncorked the bottle. This was so easy to use a 90 year old grandmother could quickly open a bottle of wine.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2017
We had a Waring Corkscrew puller that lasted probably about 6 years and we loved it. The last couple of years though left it a little weak to work so we had to encourage it by twisting it in against the bottle by hand and pulling the cork out of the bottle with a little brute strength. It lasted a long time and did its job, but it was time to move on. Saw these that were about a third the original price we paid for the Waring so took a chance and bought one. Unlike the Waring, it didn't have a stand/charger but instead you must plug it into the adapter when you want to charge it. Even though the Waring had a stand, I think that it might have contributed to its downfall in the end as you are constantly charging the battery every time you use it and from what I am told, batteries like to be worn down almost completely before they want to be charged again. So, we decided that we will only charge the new one when it needs it or once a month, whichever comes first. I like the foil cutter in the head and the little LED light that comes on when charging or when opening up a bottle of wine. The unit itself is attractive, easy to use, and so far works great.
on August 3, 2016
At first, I didn't think much of it. At first, a 4-star review was warranted for this product. After using it for a few times I decided to upgrade the score to a 5-star recommendation.

All things considered, the wine opener is a solid 4-star performer. It is efficient, fast, and powerful. I like the electrical system as it does not run on replaceable batteries (AA or AAA). There's nothing more disappointing on a dinner night where everything is all set, mood, music, flowers, everything, and your wine opener quits on you AND you don't have batteries. So, it's a plus to have wine opener that can be charged OR run directly plugged in. At first I thought that would limited where I open my wine (e.g., what if I want to open my wine in bed?) After a few uses I realize that despite how I *THINK* I will open a bottle of wine in bed I actually don't--I'd open the wine already and bring the bottle to bed (the cork will be loosely on). Why? Opening wine is more involved than just popping the cork. You have to take off the foil with foil cutter. Then you have to throw away the foil. And so on. So, as it turns out, most of us actually open our wine in the kitchen to get it prepared and then serve at the table. Again, if you want to pop the cork at the table, sure, this opener can do that for you. The opener can be operated cordless. So, there!

In addition, you get a foil cutter and a pour spout. A complete set. The pour spout is not that important as I hardly use the pour spout anyway. Reason: once the spout is in, you can't recork the bottle. Also, a bottle of wine usually serves 4 (large) or 6 (regular). Often a bottle won't even last so there is no need to spout it. Also, if you are really into wine then you know you need to decant the wine to let it breath. You'll be pouring the bottle into a decanter. Again, no pour spout needed for that. So, the spout is a good $2 gift that is not going to be used.

On the other hand, the foil cutter is a must! No wine opening set is complete with a foil cutter. The foil removal process can be far more annoying than screwing the cork and pulling it. Trust me.

For about, what, $15? You get a complete set of the two most essential tool: Foil Cutter and Cork Puller. I estimate this $15 will last at least 2 years or more. Absolutely worth it. The VALUE of this product is what earned it 5-star.

The time it takes to pull the cork is about 6-7 seconds. That's typical speed for most electric wine opener. It really doesn't matter. It's not like we are in the World's Fastest Cork Pulling Contest.

For $15, this is a great buy! Especially if you get it shipped for free.
on March 13, 2017
So the first thing I want to mention is, like others have stated in their reviews, the motor seems a little weak. If it was even 20-30% more powerful this thing would be perfect. If it wasn't for that it would get a 5 star glowing review. It's a shame because out of probably ten uses, 2-3 times it struggled to the point I almost gave up. But, I would stop the motor, then start again and after a few times it would finally pull the cork free. The design is great, the removable foil cutter is really a nice touch and SO nice you don't have to find a place to store it.
on February 26, 2016
I've been using this for awhile and have also used the Oster one that's right in the same price range. They both have their pros and cons and this one has lasted longer. However, this one feels like it's always on the verge of dying. It doesn't matter if I charged it all day and then opened a single bottle of wine. You can hear, feel, and see (blue light dims) that the opener is struggling. So far as I'm concerned the claim that "Newly designed motor now opens up to 60 bottles on a single charge" is a BS statement. I'd be surprised if it opened ten bottles before needing a second charge. Like I've said, I've also used the Oster one. It's definitely got more power in its little motor. The Ozeri just keeps working, though. It's got an external cable for charging. It's less sleek than a charging base, but it's also a big improvement over that for one simple reason - the Oster opener is garbage the second that it runs out of batteries with a cork stuck in it. You can't charge it again without busting out your tool set and going to work on removing the cork. This is exactly what you want to do when you have friends and family over, a dinner getting cold on the table, and a few bottles of wine that are now impossible to open... get my point? So, the Ozeri wins on this account. It's got a weaker motor that seems like it's always one bottle away from grinding to a halt, but it can be charged no matter what and has so far continued to work for me in the year that I've had it.
on April 11, 2017
I've used this twice so far, and am pretty happy with it. The foil cutter works well, but the way it is designed makes it uncomfortable to hold in your hand as you use it - it digs in to your hand and makes it awkward to hold as you try to squeeze and turn it (I've never had that problem with a foil cutter before). The corkscrew isn't flimsy, and I think it will last. It does slow waaay down and sound as though it is going to die for a few seconds in the middle of pulling the cork out, but so far it hasn't. It was fully charged both times, so I am assuming this is how it is supposed to work. *I will update if it becomes a problem.* It is nice that it stands on it's own, and that you can see the corkscrew going into the cork. I haven't used the wine stopper/pourer yet.
on July 6, 2015
Wow, this is the best wine opener I've had so far! I've had about 5 others (I've lost count) and this one by far excels above the others. Powerful motor and takes about 8 seconds to pull the cork out of the bottle, and another 4 seconds to release the cork....done! I like how the foil cutter is part of the top of the opener as shown in my pic. With a half turn, the cutter is removed from the opener so you can use it to cut the foil off, then simply twist it back on the opener for storage again so you won't lose it. And, this cutter has two 1-inch curved blades for cutting, not only it is very efficient and quick at cutting but should last awhile, very nice design. Another cool feature not mentioned is the opener has two blue LED's light up pointing downward when you turn it on and when you are charging the batteries.....again, shown in the attached pic. So far, I love this wine opener and highly recommend it for anyone who no longer wants to struggle and waste time with the corks.
review image review image
on September 20, 2016
I love the electric wine opener, if this review was just for that product I would give it 5 stars. The battery lasts for along time and comes with a charger. It is smaller than most of the electric wine openers I have seen. It is attractive enough to leave on the counter and it works very well. The reason I have given this product four stars is because of the stopper. The stopper broke on the second bottle I attempted to use it on, I like the idea of it and it worked very nicely in the first bottle of wine, it allowed for easy pouring without having to remove the stopper just simply removing the inside piece, however on the second bottle the rubber bottle fell into the wine bottle.
on May 5, 2017
Bought this wine opener about four months ago – I am still working from the original charge! It is a great product. I use it about 3 to 4 times a week and it has opened every bottle of wine so far. I really appreciate not having to struggle with the manual wine openers anymore, and I am pleased with the quality of this model.