Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on August 15, 2012
 This is my new favorite toy! It's so fun to use, and extremely easy. I'm not skilled with a corkscrew so it's perfect for me. Check out the video to see how easy it is to use.
11 comment| 275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2016
I purchased this a gift for a Yankee Swap, however ended up keeping it for myself. First of all, this wine opener is awesome! I purchased the silver one, and although it was slightly more, aesthetically it was well worth it! I can not even say how many times I have snapped a cork when trying to open a bottle of wine with a regular wine opener. This little gadget will eliminate your broken corks and allow you to open that bottle with ease! Quite honestly, what attracted me to this gadget the most is the blue light that goes on as it opens (hey, it's the little things!). In addition to the wine opener itself, the top come off so that you can remove the foil from your bottle (no more little foil pieces in your wine glass), plus you get the spout and the stopper which is great! Overall I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat. I do think that I will be getting more of these as gifts for my wine loving friends in the future! Cheers!
At first, I didn't think much of it. At first, a 4-star review was warranted for this product. After using it for a few times I decided to upgrade the score to a 5-star recommendation.

All things considered, the wine opener is a solid 4-star performer. It is efficient, fast, and powerful. I like the electrical system as it does not run on replaceable batteries (AA or AAA). There's nothing more disappointing on a dinner night where everything is all set, mood, music, flowers, everything, and your wine opener quits on you AND you don't have batteries. So, it's a plus to have wine opener that can be charged OR run directly plugged in. At first I thought that would limited where I open my wine (e.g., what if I want to open my wine in bed?) After a few uses I realize that despite how I *THINK* I will open a bottle of wine in bed I actually don't--I'd open the wine already and bring the bottle to bed (the cork will be loosely on). Why? Opening wine is more involved than just popping the cork. You have to take off the foil with foil cutter. Then you have to throw away the foil. And so on. So, as it turns out, most of us actually open our wine in the kitchen to get it prepared and then serve at the table. Again, if you want to pop the cork at the table, sure, this opener can do that for you. The opener can be operated cordless. So, there!

In addition, you get a foil cutter and a pour spout. A complete set. The pour spout is not that important as I hardly use the pour spout anyway. Reason: once the spout is in, you can't recork the bottle. Also, a bottle of wine usually serves 4 (large) or 6 (regular). Often a bottle won't even last so there is no need to spout it. Also, if you are really into wine then you know you need to decant the wine to let it breath. You'll be pouring the bottle into a decanter. Again, no pour spout needed for that. So, the spout is a good $2 gift that is not going to be used.

On the other hand, the foil cutter is a must! No wine opening set is complete with a foil cutter. The foil removal process can be far more annoying than screwing the cork and pulling it. Trust me.

For about, what, $15? You get a complete set of the two most essential tool: Foil Cutter and Cork Puller. I estimate this $15 will last at least 2 years or more. Absolutely worth it. The VALUE of this product is what earned it 5-star.

The time it takes to pull the cork is about 6-7 seconds. That's typical speed for most electric wine opener. It really doesn't matter. It's not like we are in the World's Fastest Cork Pulling Contest.

For $15, this is a great buy! Especially if you get it shipped for free.
on December 23, 2017
This one was a Birthday gift. This is version II. We have the same one in the original version I. So, I have to rate ours but seeing this it looks exactly like ours does, only a new updated version from ours of two years ago. It will open with one complete charge about 40+ corked bottles before you have to recharge. On top of the opener, there is an easy to use cutter making it easy to cut the foil, etc. around the cork.
on January 8, 2017
I was a little nervous about buying this because it was a lot less than some of the name brand versions and there were a few poor reviews, but I am very happy with this opener!

I bought it for my wife because she has problems using other styles of corkscrews. We have several that are supposed to be easy, but she still struggles with them and gets frustrated. This thing takes all the hassle out of her getting sauced up! ;)

Very easy to use, opens wine with minimal effort, looks cool, seems well built, and is rechargeable. Extremely happy with it. The only thing I could say that would be less than 100% positive is that it is a tad bit noisy. But it pulls the cork out in about 10 seconds, so we've been able to suffer through the inconvenience.
on February 7, 2018
This is an outstanding electric wine opener. Ease of operation couldn't be simpler: fit the clear plastic sleeve over the neck of the wine bottle, press down the toggle switch to extract the cork, then reverse the switch to remove the cork from the screw. Barring operator error, it's flawless. This model uses a wall adapter to recharge, although other models are battery-operated, eliminating the recharging step and the accumulation of adapters and cords.

The foil remover conveniently fits on top of the opener and, unlike many foil cutters, works very effectively to expose the cork for removal.

Compared to relatively less expensive manual cork removal devices, an electric opener seems like a needless extravagance, but its reliability, efficiency, and smooth operation makes it worth the additional expense, and largely eliminates broken corks, needless feats of strength, and spilled wine bottles.
on August 18, 2017
Wine opener is easy to use. Have purchased two units, one for friend who saw mine. My top wine foil cover (silver ring) broke and does not attach permanently to unit. I would have expected item to not break. Did not mishandle. Not sure if it has a warranty.

UPDATE: Contacted company vie email and they will be sending me out new unit. Unit that is broken then will be returned. Contacted me within 3 hours to advise of new shipment. Outstanding customer service, moved my previous eval from 2 to 5 stars. Company stands behind the product.
on March 13, 2017
So the first thing I want to mention is, like others have stated in their reviews, the motor seems a little weak. If it was even 20-30% more powerful this thing would be perfect. If it wasn't for that it would get a 5 star glowing review. It's a shame because out of probably ten uses, 2-3 times it struggled to the point I almost gave up. But, I would stop the motor, then start again and after a few times it would finally pull the cork free. The design is great, the removable foil cutter is really a nice touch and SO nice you don't have to find a place to store it.
on December 2, 2017
I have had this now for a little over a year. I open probably 3-5 bottles a week. I have charged it twice. (The first when I got it and just did my second charge a few months ago). I have had 2 Oster brands before this. I loved them (till they quit) but love this even more. You can see exactly where you are putting the screw in the cork which allows it to come out straight and you don't need a dedicated place for it by a wall outlet. The only problem I had was after about 9 months, when it finally needed to be charged, I couldn't remember where I put the charger...but I finally found which drawer it was in!
on April 11, 2017
I've used this twice so far, and am pretty happy with it. The foil cutter works well, but the way it is designed makes it uncomfortable to hold in your hand as you use it - it digs in to your hand and makes it awkward to hold as you try to squeeze and turn it (I've never had that problem with a foil cutter before). The corkscrew isn't flimsy, and I think it will last. It does slow waaay down and sound as though it is going to die for a few seconds in the middle of pulling the cork out, but so far it hasn't. It was fully charged both times, so I am assuming this is how it is supposed to work. *I will update if it becomes a problem.* It is nice that it stands on it's own, and that you can see the corkscrew going into the cork. I haven't used the wine stopper/pourer yet.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse