Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,250 reviews
on March 1, 2011
What can I say? I read the reviews and they seemed very positive. I bought this as a gift and after trying it out I was impressed. I have a nice steel folding opener with a knife and corkscrew which works well for me. This opener is quite faster though and does the job great. The metal cutters cut the foil wrapper in just a couple good twists and the top wrapper slipped right off! When decorking I simply placed the corkscrew on the cork, pressed the down button, and drilled swiftley and easily into the cork. I was actually amazed at how easily the cork unscrewed. I pressed the up button and without any pulling on the cork the power of the motor speedily uncorked the bottle. This was so easy to use a 90 year old grandmother could quickly open a bottle of wine.
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2017
So the first thing I want to mention is, like others have stated in their reviews, the motor seems a little weak. If it was even 20-30% more powerful this thing would be perfect. If it wasn't for that it would get a 5 star glowing review. It's a shame because out of probably ten uses, 2-3 times it struggled to the point I almost gave up. But, I would stop the motor, then start again and after a few times it would finally pull the cork free. The design is great, the removable foil cutter is really a nice touch and SO nice you don't have to find a place to store it.
on January 28, 2014
I've opened a few bottles of wine with this device, and it has worked well every time! Sometimes, it sounds/looks like it's working hard, but it always gets the cork out, no problems.

The pourer and stopper are nice, however the little rubber part of the pourer that helps fit to all size wine bottles fell off somewhere in my 2nd/3rd bottle of wine, and I didn't notice. So now it doesn't really fit snugly, with just the metal exposed.

The foil cutter is really nice, but it usually take a couple of tries to get it right.

Overall, this is a lot easier than a cork screw!
on March 17, 2017
Awesome wine opener!, Purchased as a gift and I like it better than my electric opener. It is easy to use, lights up into a cool "spaceship" blue color when plugged in and would look awesome sitting on a bar top. The foil cutter is integrated into the top of the opener, so you never need to look for it!
on March 22, 2017
This is our third wine opener and it is the best by far at this point in time. The opener hold a charge very well and is very easy to use. We have only had it a short time but are very impressed with it.
on March 23, 2017
I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend because he absolutely LOVES wine and he loved it as well. It's so simple to use and with all the added items you don't have to scrabble around the kitchen looking for wine stoppers, etc.
Only con is that it's a little loud when it opens the bottle, but other than that it's a great product!
on March 25, 2017
I have ordered this item 3 times. I originally received it as a housewarming gift, everyone loved it so much I ordered it for other people. All love it. Easy to use and inexpensive. I will never want to use another corkscrew again!
on March 26, 2017
The opener works fine, wine pourer and stopper doesn't really work. The rubber part drop off from the stopper into the bottle. The stopper didn't fit well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2017
Who knew I needed an electric corkscrew? Works as advertised. Holds a charge for quite a few bottles. Even hard to pull corks were pulled. At times does sound like it is laboring, but stay with it and it will be pulled.
on October 21, 2015
it works alright but i guess the wine i drink has a really long cork so it take a while to get it out. makes me almost want to use a regular wine opener