Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 15, 2012
 This is my new favorite toy! It's so fun to use, and extremely easy. I'm not skilled with a corkscrew so it's perfect for me. Check out the video to see how easy it is to use.
11 comment| 269 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
At first, I didn't think much of it. At first, a 4-star review was warranted for this product. After using it for a few times I decided to upgrade the score to a 5-star recommendation.

All things considered, the wine opener is a solid 4-star performer. It is efficient, fast, and powerful. I like the electrical system as it does not run on replaceable batteries (AA or AAA). There's nothing more disappointing on a dinner night where everything is all set, mood, music, flowers, everything, and your wine opener quits on you AND you don't have batteries. So, it's a plus to have wine opener that can be charged OR run directly plugged in. At first I thought that would limited where I open my wine (e.g., what if I want to open my wine in bed?) After a few uses I realize that despite how I *THINK* I will open a bottle of wine in bed I actually don't--I'd open the wine already and bring the bottle to bed (the cork will be loosely on). Why? Opening wine is more involved than just popping the cork. You have to take off the foil with foil cutter. Then you have to throw away the foil. And so on. So, as it turns out, most of us actually open our wine in the kitchen to get it prepared and then serve at the table. Again, if you want to pop the cork at the table, sure, this opener can do that for you. The opener can be operated cordless. So, there!

In addition, you get a foil cutter and a pour spout. A complete set. The pour spout is not that important as I hardly use the pour spout anyway. Reason: once the spout is in, you can't recork the bottle. Also, a bottle of wine usually serves 4 (large) or 6 (regular). Often a bottle won't even last so there is no need to spout it. Also, if you are really into wine then you know you need to decant the wine to let it breath. You'll be pouring the bottle into a decanter. Again, no pour spout needed for that. So, the spout is a good $2 gift that is not going to be used.

On the other hand, the foil cutter is a must! No wine opening set is complete with a foil cutter. The foil removal process can be far more annoying than screwing the cork and pulling it. Trust me.

For about, what, $15? You get a complete set of the two most essential tool: Foil Cutter and Cork Puller. I estimate this $15 will last at least 2 years or more. Absolutely worth it. The VALUE of this product is what earned it 5-star.

The time it takes to pull the cork is about 6-7 seconds. That's typical speed for most electric wine opener. It really doesn't matter. It's not like we are in the World's Fastest Cork Pulling Contest.

For $15, this is a great buy! Especially if you get it shipped for free.
on January 8, 2017
I was a little nervous about buying this because it was a lot less than some of the name brand versions and there were a few poor reviews, but I am very happy with this opener!

I bought it for my wife because she has problems using other styles of corkscrews. We have several that are supposed to be easy, but she still struggles with them and gets frustrated. This thing takes all the hassle out of her getting sauced up! ;)

Very easy to use, opens wine with minimal effort, looks cool, seems well built, and is rechargeable. Extremely happy with it. The only thing I could say that would be less than 100% positive is that it is a tad bit noisy. But it pulls the cork out in about 10 seconds, so we've been able to suffer through the inconvenience.
on August 18, 2017
Wine opener is easy to use. Have purchased two units, one for friend who saw mine. My top wine foil cover (silver ring) broke and does not attach permanently to unit. I would have expected item to not break. Did not mishandle. Not sure if it has a warranty.

UPDATE: Contacted company vie email and they will be sending me out new unit. Unit that is broken then will be returned. Contacted me within 3 hours to advise of new shipment. Outstanding customer service, moved my previous eval from 2 to 5 stars. Company stands behind the product.
on April 11, 2017
I've used this twice so far, and am pretty happy with it. The foil cutter works well, but the way it is designed makes it uncomfortable to hold in your hand as you use it - it digs in to your hand and makes it awkward to hold as you try to squeeze and turn it (I've never had that problem with a foil cutter before). The corkscrew isn't flimsy, and I think it will last. It does slow waaay down and sound as though it is going to die for a few seconds in the middle of pulling the cork out, but so far it hasn't. It was fully charged both times, so I am assuming this is how it is supposed to work. *I will update if it becomes a problem.* It is nice that it stands on it's own, and that you can see the corkscrew going into the cork. I haven't used the wine stopper/pourer yet.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 3, 2017
I really like this product and very easy to use. I've have done some research on this product and different brands to choose the right one. I'm really satisfied with this product. Even though I didn't use as much but after following instruction and using it, it's a great item to have in your home when you have a party or just relax at home. You don't have to have someone strong next to you to open the bottle of wine/s or struggle opening it yourself. A great investment to have and have no regrets. A plus side it does come with what it describe to come with.
on December 23, 2017
This one was a Birthday gift. This is version II. We have the same one in the original version I. So, I have to rate ours but seeing this it looks exactly like ours does, only a new updated version from ours of two years ago. It will open with one complete charge about 40+ corked bottles before you have to recharge. On top of the opener, there is an easy to use cutter making it easy to cut the foil, etc. around the cork.
on May 5, 2014
This is a well thought out design that works very well once you get the hang of it. For example, it has more than enough power to pull out a difficult cork but be aware that you'll need to keep a grip on the bottle itself since the device can just as easily spin the entire container too. Just line up the inner cylinder of the opener over the neck of the bottle, hold the bottle with one hand, and just use enough pressure on the opener to allow it to get a grip into the cork ... and press the top of the rocker switch to extract. Once out, press the bottom of the rocker switch to spool out the cork. The opener has a nice blue LED glow when it's plugged into its charger, and there's an effective foil cutter on the top that releases easily. Align the cutter on the bottle top, put mild pressure on the spring clamps on the cutter and rotate - then just pull the cutter up while maintaining the same pressure.
Just a well designed tool for a specific function that it performs quite well - and worth the price.
on June 14, 2017
Replaced my two year old Ozeri and I love this one even more. Quieter and easy to use, no more struggling with corks. I like the seal cutter in the top of the unit, no more searching the junk drawer for it and the pouring spot was a nice added feature. I found the plug in charger to be a plus over a charging stand for when you forget to charge it or are opening a lot of wine (yes we do like to party).
on December 1, 2017
Being a new wine drinker, I couldn't open the bottle with a corkscrew, never used one, didn't know how to use it, wasn't strong enough ... don't know.
Now I can open the bottles, without any problems. I love that it is rechargeable, and my daughter has me trying different types of wines.