Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Package Quantity: 1|Size: 2.16x9.41|Change

Showing 1-10 of 324 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 480 reviews
on February 21, 2016
Easy to use!
on August 11, 2012
I bought this to replace and aging Rabbit that no longer worked. I've opened about 25 bottles of wine so far on a single charge, and it has worked flawlessly. People have complained about it not working on artificial corks, but so far I have not found that to be a problem. I am always experimenting with wines, and I have used it on at least 5 artificial corks with no issue. The aerator and foil cutter are a nice addition, and I find I use them all the time. If I have any complaint at all, it is the speed. It takes a good 8-10 seconds to fully open a bottle, and about the same to eject the cork. With my manual Rabbit, this took maybe 4-5 seconds total (remove and eject). This is pretty minor complaint, and just an adjustment from what I was used to. That said, the Rabbit did take some decent hand strength, and my wife could never do it. She has no problem using the Ozeri.

One other item of note is that it is difficult to get the screw to enter the center of the cork. This does not seem to impede the removal, but it does sometimes make the cork unusable to re-stop the bottle. I always use reusable vacuum stoppers, anyway, so this is not an issue for me.

I'll be curious to see how it continues to work. The advertisements tout 80 bottles on a single charge. Not sure if I buy that, but we will see. I also wonder what will happen if the battery dies while ejecting the cork. The design would make manual removal difficult.

The future will be telling, but so far, I am impressed.
on December 25, 2012
I purchased this after reading great reviews. Unfortunately my experience is very different.

On the fourth bottle of wine the cork became stuck inside and would not come out. After removing the screws to get inside the bottle opener I was able to dislodge the cork.....only to reassemble the opener and have the next cork become stuck inside. This is being returned with the cork inside.

I also purchased several of these as gifts for friends and hope their experience is much better than mine.

I'm going back to the tried and true 'wine key' and forgetting the fancy gadgets.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2015
THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK I HAVE EVER USED! I've had this wine opener for just over a month. The second time I used it, and nearly every time thereafter, the cork wouldn't eject and I had to manually remove it by inserting a tiny screw driver into the cork and pulling on it while holding the eject button. I emailed the manufacturer who stated, "PLEASE NOTE: THE ELECTRIC WINE OPENER MAY EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF PLASTIC/SYNTHETIC AND UNDERSIZED CORKS. IF THIS IS THE CASE, THE CORK SHOULD BE REMOVED MANUALLY." I had the eject problem regardless of the type of cork! This is not acceptable, and the manufacturer will not refund my money; they just want to send me another one of these inferior wine openers. The Brookstone wine opener I have had for years worked like a charm on every type of cork, however it recently started to struggle, so I thought it was time for a new wine opener. I sure made a mistake when I purchased this Ozeri opener. In addition, I prefer to keep the wine opener on the charging dock; however, the Ozeri charging station has an irritating red blinking light that starts flashing every time you use the opener and put it back on the charger, and continues to blink until the opener is fully charged again. I noticed that several others who wrote review on this product have had the same issues. I would like to see Amazon drop this product.
on May 16, 2013
Worked well enough (though not spectacularly) initially and then began to make a grinding noise, shortly after which it completely ceased to function. I'd recommend you try to get some serious use out of it while it's still in the returnable stage to make sure you don't suffer the same fate. Was a gift for the wife and she, needless to say, hates it.

Update: After sitting in a pile on my work room for a while I decided to open this up to see if it could be fixed. Long story short, it's important bits are made of cheap nasty plastic and can't be fixed without all new cogs (see my product pictures). Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for an opener.
review image review image
on October 2, 2013
This opener doesn't like synthetic corks at all and real corks are 50/50. 80% of the time, I have to stick a knive it the end when I'm trying to extract the cork. I wouldn't recommend this opener to anyone. Try a different brand
on February 14, 2017
I've had several electric wine openers, and this is by far the best one I've had. I bought it almost two years ago, and I've had no problems with it. It is still going strong. I'm getting another one to put in my bar. This one stays in my kitchen near my wine cooler.
on January 3, 2016
Although I think this is one of the better looking electric openers on the market, I've experienced a couple of disappointing flaws:

1 - It it much louder than my last opener (an Oster)
2 - It has a hard time ejecting some corks.. it will remove them from the bottle just fine, but when trying to eject the cork from the opener, the cork just continues to "slip" and never ejects. I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the cork in place while ejecting it. This seems to be particularly problematic with those high density foam-type corks.

Too bad they can't put the guts from a better opener in this better looking shell.

UPDATE - After a few weeks of using this, its failed to eject the cork about 1/3rd of the time, so I have to return it. I do think this is the bst looking opener on the market, but unfortunately it fails too much.
on September 14, 2012
The first time I tried it it didn't work properly. It chewed up the cork and the cork didn't come out of the bottle. The owner of the company offered to replace it but I told him to let me give it one more try. It works better each time but it still chews the cork and if you save corks these are not good enough to save but the cork is coming out of the bottle now. I like the ease of opening a bottle of wine.
on May 19, 2015
Would not recommend purchasing the Prestige model! Bought this to replace another Ozeri model (Pro) that gave up the ghost after a couple years (we drink alot of wine ;)...)
The Prestige has a killer motor and extracts all corks (synthetic and natural) from the bottle with little effort. However, and its a big deal for us... this model will not "release" synthetic corks from the unit after they've been removed from the bottle. . We had to use a butter knife to wedge between the corkscrew and the inside body of the unit to prevent the synthetic cork from turning while the corkscrew turns to get the cork to "release".
Returned the "Prestige" after only a week and a half after all three synthetic corks got stuck inside the unit. Ordered another Pro model today. Don't think the "Pro" is as powerful... but we never had any corks get stuck inside the unit!