Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 296 reviews
on April 5, 2016
While I like the concept and the design when it works, I'm not satisfied with the battery life.

We have been using this this opener about once or twice a week for the last year. It worked just fine for about six months, but then the battery seemed to lose its ability to hold a charge.

If we use it once and then wait a week to use it again, the battery will be too weak to run the machine without another charge.

And even if we charge it up and don't use it, it still needs to be charged again in a week to 10 days. Contrast this to when it was new and was able to open over 6 bottles or go for several weeks without a charge.

I should also mention that the connection between the charger and the opener is very finicky. If I don't plug it in just write then the blue light doesn't come on, indicating that a charge is in progress.
on February 24, 2014
My wife and I enjoy wines often. We have always used hand openers until I finally got tired of fighting with stubborn corks. After looking at all that Amazon and E-Bay had to offer, I went to various specialty shops and department stores to visually compare the models offered. I was pleased to find the Ozeri Extravo model at a number of the stores.

First thing noticed is that it is a definite addition to a wet bar or kitchen. It is distinctive and decorative without being domineering. Secondly, it is very simple to use. The base unit easily removed any necessary foil. One then places the unit over the cork while holding the extractors body and gently push down. Some reviews state that more pressure than thought was needed to remove a cork. I did not find this to be true. Once the cork is out push the button on the top and the cork is conveniently removed from the screw. The feature of a clear plastic lower half is also nice. It is entertaining to watch this wonder do its' work. Plus it is good advertising to visitors watching the ease of use of the opener.

Of the stores I went to Amazon had the best price, just under $35.00. Some specialty shops asking twice that amount. E-Bays opening price was always less than $35.00, but also always went much higher by te time the auction was over.

I choose this model because of it was the ONLY one with a five star rating. Others had complaints of cheaply made, failing motors,
and just not meeting expectations. If I were to have a complaint it would be for the plastic casing where one can watch the cork being removed. I feel if it were dropped this casing could break. Other than that no negative issues from me.

I highly recommend the Ozeri Extravo Electric Wine Opener for all wine drinkers, no matter how often they enjoy it. This opener adds to the enjoyment by removing (pun intended) the only negative of drinking wine.
on January 21, 2014
All I can say is...FINALLY, an electric wine bottle opener that WORKS and very easy to use!!! I bought 2 of them, one for me and another for a friend. Previously, I bought and returned at least 3 different ones to other stores. These I will definately keep.
on April 24, 2016
I have owned this for 2 years now and it is still going strong! There was a tough cork last night that actually broke my conventional metal wine opener. I whipped out this baby and she got out that tough cork like a champ! I really enjoy how it automatically begins opening with a simple press down on the cork. *Tip- use your other hand to make sure the opener remains straight!* It will be harder on the machine if you are holding it crooked!
on July 1, 2016
I am giving this opener 1 star only because the electrical charging wire does not sit tight in the unit. This causes a lost connection and won't allow it to charge. Unfortunately , I did not return it immediately, when I first discovered this problem and now Amazon will not allow the return. If it wasn't for this problem, I would have liked it very much.
on December 28, 2015
Ozeri is the BEST! I have had one of their openers for almost a year now. Bought it to replace an earlier one. While that first one had a rechargeable base, it took up precious counter space. This one is attractive and comes with a plug-in charger. Once every two weeks, I leave it plugged in overnight. That's it. Just place it on the bottle and press down and voila, cork comes out. First time. Every time. Once out, press the button on the top and it retracts leaving the cork in your hand. Lights up a nice bluish color when in use. Best on the market. Bought this last one for a gift.
on May 13, 2014
Boy, it was so hard to decide which electric wine opener to choose from. I finally decided on the Ozeri and am so happy with my purchase. I trust the Ozeri brand - they provide excellent customer service and put out quality products. The wine opener has a modern look to it and is nice compared to others because you can actually see the cork in the device because of the clear plastic. When the button is pressed, a pretty blue light comes on. Nice touch and you'll also get alot of ooohs and ahhhs from guests. :) The product works great. You don't have to keep pressing the button for the cork to come out. You just put a little pressure down against the bottle's neck and it starts to remove the cork automatically. The price is fair and it makes it so easy to enjoy a bottle of wine. The nice foil cutter is cool too and is used as a base stand to keep the opener steady and docked.
on January 7, 2017
I have one of these openers that I have had a charging problem from the get go. The socket inside the unit had a loose connection causing haphazard charging. Emiled the company about it no response. The the socket has now failed and it appears I have no recorse but to toss it. Most disisatisfied with the company. If the products fails your out of cash and the product. Don't Buy from this outfit,you will. E outoff product and luck of product,
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2014
We needed a new wine opener and my hubby was skeptical that anything from Amazon would meet his high bar for quality. So I found the highest rated opener and decided to go for it. Even as he opened it, my husband was doubtful it would work. It's genius. The design is perfect, they should be selling these things everywhere. The foil cutter is flawless, and I've used a lot of foil cutters. It's on the bottom of the base, so nothing to lose. To open the wine you just squeeze the sides of the opener and it completely opens the wine. Push the button on the top and it ejects the wire cork. It's small, takes little space and is overall smart and almost fun to use. We've had it for about 2 months and so far, works perfectly. Only time will tell if it holds up. I can highly recommend, especially for the price!
on February 14, 2014
I bought this wine opener because it was the only one with 5 stars and now I know why. The cork screw is a substantial size and the design is so that you can see when the cork has been pierced and when it is completely out of the bottle. You don't have to push the button to engage it...only need a little pressure on the bottle but you do push the top of the wine opener to expel the cork. It sits in a large foil cutter as it's base and that cutter works great and is nice because it is large enough to get a good grip on. The stainless steel housing is pleasing and I have been using it for a month on the first charge so when they say it will open 60 bottles on a single charge I believe it. This is the BEST wine opener I have ever owned. Buy it!! You won't be sorry. And as usual, the Amazon experience was great.