Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,200 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,916 reviews
on August 10, 2016
Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale

Summary:

The old bathroom scales just died one day. This was no great loss as we had always had our suspicions that they never worked properly. After reading a huge number of reviews of different scales, I decided to try the Ozeri Touch Total Body Bath Scale in white.

This review is being given having used the scales for a full year.

Firstly, the scales are very easy to use. If you don’t want to set up a profile that remembers your last weigh-in and gives you weight plus fat, muscle, bone density and water content, you don’t have to. Straight out of the box, you can step on to the scales and get your weight. So far, the weight measurement seems to be very consistent and accurate.

Secondly, if you do want a profile, this is easy to set up. I had the directions in front of me, and with a few steps only, I was done in a couple of minutes. Again, once this is done, you can step on and get an immediate weight reading. If you wait a little longer, it will then give you the other readings. I have no idea if these other readings are true or not, but over time, they have remained consistent. At a minimum, they can give you a guide as to whether you are heading in the right direction for your weight goals or not.

Finally, there is the tare function. I know this is designed for children, but it is also extremely useful for weighing anything small or wriggly (think pet, for example). This function is excellent. We have been able to monitor a pet’s weight with absolute ease by simply pressing the tare button, stepping on with pet, allowing it to register the first weight and then stepping on a second time without pet. Brilliant!

Something else of note. The scales measure weight instantly. You don’t have to turn it on or activate it and wait for it to be ready (like our old scales). You simply step on and get an instant reading.

The scales themselves look very modern and feel well made and the glass feels strong. It has rubberized feet that keep it from slipping around, and the white color blends in well with our white bathroom floors. Whilst I wasn’t looking for the bells and whistles of measuring fat, muscle, bone density and water content, these are indeed an added bonus. The best bonus, however, is the tare function.

I highly recommend this bathroom scale.

Pros:

• Accurate weight measurement.
• Instant weight reading.
• Tare function is brilliant.
• Added bonus of fat, muscle, bone density and water content testing.
• Modern looks.
• Takes up very little room.
• Feels well made.
• Batteries last a long time, even with daily use.

Cons:

• None.

About my purchase:

I purchased this item for considerably more that the current listed price with my own money from Amazon with free Prime Shipping.

I heavily rely on Amazon reviews of other people when making my own purchases and therefore any review I write is absolutely honest with the hope it helps others make a decision.
on February 9, 2012
In general I love this scale; for the price it tells you a lot and seems fairly accurate. I bought this when my 3rd child was 3 months old because I didn't have a scale in the house and wanted to see how well I was getting back to my pre-pregnant weight. Plus I wanted to monitor my hydration, since, as a nursing mom, I sometimes forget to drink plenty of fluids. I also looked at this scale as a long term investment. Most similar scales only allow 4 profiles, but I thought as my son gets older it would be nice for all 5 of us in the family to have our own profiles.

Enter the quirks of this scale. You should be aware of the following before purchasing. They aren't all that big of a deal but might be a deal-breaker for some people:
1. Although you can store up to 8 profiles, you cannot set any profile age for younger than 10 years old! My oldest will be 10 soon, so I figured it would be close enough for her, but if you envision this as a family scale and have young children, you might want to be aware that you will not be able to program an accurate profile for them. That said, I don't know if that factors into any of the ways it calculates things. For my 7 yr old, I just put in age 10 and her height and it *seems* to work, but just how far you can stretch it, I'm not sure. Will it believe you have a 3 ft 10 yr old or will it malfunction?

2. Despite what the manual claims, you cannot just step on the scale if you want an accurate weight measurement. We have been sure to put it on a hard level surface, but when it turns on upon stepping on it, it's actually never zeroed properly at first. It usually reads about 4 lbs before going to zero. I discovered this by trial and error. As a scientist, I like to get a feel for the measurement error in devices such as this, and I soon discovered that the first measurement was always about 4 lbs more than subsequent measurements, and that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. measurements were all within about 0.2lbs of each other. I even experimented with which foot I put on the scale first, figuring that maybe I was leaning weird somehow, but it seemed to make no difference. Then my husband told me that he always steps on it just hard enough to turn it on, then takes his foot back off for a moment. He notices that when he does this, it reads 4lbs instead of zero at first, then it goes to zero, then he steps on to weigh himself. After following this procedure, the measurements I get when weighing myself give good agreement, no matter how many times in a row I weigh myself.

3. The "unit" button. I admit, I didn't read every word of the manual at first, and skipped over the part about changing the units the scale measures in. Thus I was unaware that there was a unit button on the *bottom* of the scale! This is a really stupid design, because often when you grasp the scale to move it, you inadvertently depress the unit button. The scale need not be on for this to register, and I was perplexed to find the scale suddenly measuring my body weight in "stones," til I read the manual and discovered the unit button. Again, as a scientist I am definitely in favor of being able to change the scale so that it reads in kg instead of lbs, but "stones?" Who the heck needs to weigh themselves in "stones??" Plus I think they could have found a better placement for the unit button.

So bottom line: I've found a way to work around these quirks and get good use out of this scale, and I don't regret the purchase, because, again, it was so affordable for what this scale does. But personally I'd have liked to have been aware of some of these quirks before purchasing. Thus why I'm passing them onto you, the potential customer :) Cheers!
2323 comments| 714 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2015
I am very unhappy with this scale. I've had it since Jan. 2013, and I use it to keep a general eye on my body fat, muscle, bone, and hydration because I am an avid weight lifter and exercise 6 days a week with extreme programs. This thing has been driving me crazy. I can stand on it & get one reading, and then literally a few minutes later it'll read a 4-5# difference, with varying readings on the other percentages. I've taken extremely good care of this scale, storing it in its original box, upright, as instructed, out of reach of anything in my closet on a shelf. I only take it out to weigh myself, which is only every 2 weeks or so. I don't understand how it can be so inaccurate. Varying weight a few pounds every day is much different than within minutes. I've tried changing batteries, and there's no difference in the way it responds.
on July 10, 2016
This Touch II Total Body Bath Scale from Ozeri has so many features to it and suits literally anyone in the household, pets included. The scale comes nicely packaged in a imaged box and contains instructions for use and batteries included.

I love the sleek stylish look of this scale and it is made of durable materials. The top of the scale is made of thick and heavy tempered glass with a white finish and stainless steel accents. It has a large blue LCD screen display that is easy to read. The back of the scale is made of hard plastic with rubber feet to keep the scale in place when on hard surfaces.

This scale does much more than provide your weight. It can store up to 8 user profiles and has automatic recognition technology for each profile. Each profile stores weight, gender, height and age data to easily track progress. When using the scale it will tell you your weight, body mass, hydration, muscle mass, and bone measurements. This is good for anyone trying to get healthy or for maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Another feature I really like about this scale is that it has a tare feature to weigh infants, pets, and even your luggage. Step on the scale yourself to weigh then get off and step back on holding your child/pet/luggage and it will then display the weights in two separate sections for easy viewing. I've never had a scale with this ability and it is a much appreciated feature, especially with weighing luggage I always had to manually subtract my weight.

The scale is touch censored so it will automatically go on when stepped on. After no movement on the scale has been detected it will go into sleep mode to save the battery usage. It requires two lithium batteries for use and is included with the scale upon receiving. The scale has a nice look to it so it can be kept out without the need to keep it hidden when not in use.

I love this scale and all the features it has to offer. It has so much more to offer than providing my weight. I received this item free in exchange for my honest unbiased review. All opinions are 100% my own. If you have any questions please feel free to comment below and I will do my best to answer them for you.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on December 31, 2015
I have had this scale for a couple years now, and really enjoy it though I never use the fancy features. It has worked well consistently with only a few quirks and looks nice. However, one day I was sitting in my office when I heard a loud glass-shattering type noise come from my bathroom. I went to investigate and found my Ozeri scale had literally exploded, and there were large and small bits of glass everywhere. The scale had spontaneously exploded and projectile launched glass all over my bathroom! I sent an email to Ozeri, because after talking with my brother-in-law it sounds like a case of spontaneous glass breakage due to impurities in the glass as there were no environmental factors at play. This may just be the craziest thing that's ever happened to me! Thankfully no person or pet was in the bathroom when that happened, I just had a huge mess to clean up. While spontaneous glass breakage is rare, you can reduce the risk by buying quality glass products (so, a $50 scale probably does not use very high quality glass) and controlling environmental factors like sudden temperature changes or moisture. Or, don't buy a glass scale. But Ozeri customer service is fantastic, they confirmed it was a rare occurrence and sent me a free replacement scale. So far so good with this one, fingers crossed!
review image review image review image
on May 12, 2017
I like this scale. The readings are consistent and the features are amazing for the price. Setup is simple.

I was surprised by my low bone and muscle mass readings. My wife's were also low. I don't know if the readings are inaccurate or we need to beef up some. Either way the readings are consistent and will serve as a useful baseline to observe changes to something we have never measured before.

One small gripe - the white scale is not exactly white to my eye - there is a slight green tint. I returned one for exchange but the replacement was the same color. It looks nice - pretty glass top and shiny metal "buttons" - and I will keep it but if you are looking for white like the picture mine was a little different.

UPDATE - the muscle/bone mass info on the scale is probably right but the manual contains inaccurate tables to interpret the info. Look it up on the wed instead.
on February 16, 2016
What a great tool this is! It gives you the following readings:

(1) Weight
(2) Body Fat Ratio (body fat percentage of total body weight)
(3) Body Water Ratio (how hydrated you are - important for being healthy and burning fat)
(4) Body Muscle Ratio (muscle weight to body weight)
(5) Bone Ratio (bone weight to body weight)

You just step on and see your measurements. I record them in Excel because I am trying to lose weight, fat and increase my hydration, which is low. The booklet that comes with tells you the range you should be in for your gender and age. I use the minimums in Excel to see how much I need to lose or improve. The scale seems consistent from day to day.

You can program it for up to 8 people, but I'm the only one using it. I don't know if you can "hide" your scores from others, if you don't want them to see your numbers. You can also use it to weigh your baby or pet while holding them (called the "tare" function).

All in all, this was a great investment and I'm very happy with it. It is very attractive, too!

P.S. I began adding a *pinch* of baking soda to all the water I drink. I read that it helps alkalize the water, which helps you absorb it better. My Ozeri scale tells me that my hydration has improved 1 whole percentage point in just a few days. I'm thrilled and grateful that I have this handy scale to help me accomplish this goal!!!
on January 6, 2015
I bought this scale December 1, 2013. By March 22, 2014 the body fat and other functions stopped working after 4 times of using the functions. I write the info down in a day planner so I have an accurate record of how long this scale has worked. 3 months later the scale quit working entirely and I hadn't used it since March. Before this scale I had a Weight Watchers body fat scale that worked for more than 10 years on the same batteries before finally giving up. That was when I decided to splurge on a new scale and chose this. Unfortunately I also paid the full price of close to $100. Definitely disappointed and had hoped for better quality. Instead of messing with this one I ended up buying a different scale from a different company and will hope for better. My only suggestion if you do decide to buy this scale even after reading the negative reviews, go with Black! I chose white and it doesn't look as nice as it does in the picture.
on April 22, 2016
Weight seems accurate. It works well and is super easy to setup and read. But I'm quite certain the body-fat, hydration level, etc., is all just an algorithm based on weight, gender, age and height.

So, here's why I think that. I weighed myself in my undies. Got one result. Put on pants, and t-shirt and a belt, and my keys in my pocket and stepped back onto the scale. Suddenly my bodyfat went up, my hydration level changed and even the weight of my bones changed. All within less than 60 seconds. So yeah. It's a nice scale. The tare works great. But I wouldn't put much value on the other stuff.
on January 30, 2014
This is great, but has no "memory" mode, nor does it have an ANT+ or Bluetooth or WiFi upload feature.

The price reflects that, as does the description - just pointing out the almost-obvious.

This has slots for 8 people. Entering your stats allows it to calculate your fat/muscle/water/bone percentages.

If your weight varies by more than 8 pounds since your last weighing, it will not figure out who you are and you'll have to reset your profile.

If your weight is within 8 pounds of another profile, it will not be able to figure out who is who.

You cannot pick which profile you're weighing under except when you reset a profile.

All of that being said, when it works, you just step on and it knows... Give it a couple of seconds, and the other stats print out. The screen is very easy to read.

It is glass, so if you drop it, it can break. Otherwise, it's pretty stable, stepping on, tripping over it, etc.

I really like it vs my Omron, because it's faster and doesn't require the use of handle-bars for the bio-impedance metrics. Its measures are more consistent than the Omron too. If I'm straight out of the shower, or have been dry for hours, the body fat percentages are within a tent of a percent on this, vs being 4-8% off with the Omron.

As to accuracy, I've not had a professional measure. I'm a big guy, but it's all in my abdomen. Since I started cycling, my legs, arms, face, and chest have become very lean. My BMI is about 30, I'm 6'6 and 266 pounds. I can put out almost 1300 watts on the bike for 5 seconds, and average in the 130W range for rides over 40 miles. This scale says my body fat is 20%, and the Omron says it's 32%. Realistically, I think it's somewhere between the two.

Also, I cheat and sometimes use my bathroom scale to measure me plus another item, like my bike, then subtract out my weight. This scale, on a hard, level, smooth surface with even distribution across the 4 corners can handle 440 pounds. My Omron scale can only handle 310, so it's easy to top-out with other things. I know, off-label use, but just something to know.

Lastly, this scale was half the cost of my Omron scale.