Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 10, 2016
Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale

Summary:

The old bathroom scales just died one day. This was no great loss as we had always had our suspicions that they never worked properly. After reading a huge number of reviews of different scales, I decided to try the Ozeri Touch Total Body Bath Scale in white.

This review is being given having used the scales for a full year.

Firstly, the scales are very easy to use. If you don’t want to set up a profile that remembers your last weigh-in and gives you weight plus fat, muscle, bone density and water content, you don’t have to. Straight out of the box, you can step on to the scales and get your weight. So far, the weight measurement seems to be very consistent and accurate.

Secondly, if you do want a profile, this is easy to set up. I had the directions in front of me, and with a few steps only, I was done in a couple of minutes. Again, once this is done, you can step on and get an immediate weight reading. If you wait a little longer, it will then give you the other readings. I have no idea if these other readings are true or not, but over time, they have remained consistent. At a minimum, they can give you a guide as to whether you are heading in the right direction for your weight goals or not.

Finally, there is the tare function. I know this is designed for children, but it is also extremely useful for weighing anything small or wriggly (think pet, for example). This function is excellent. We have been able to monitor a pet’s weight with absolute ease by simply pressing the tare button, stepping on with pet, allowing it to register the first weight and then stepping on a second time without pet. Brilliant!

Something else of note. The scales measure weight instantly. You don’t have to turn it on or activate it and wait for it to be ready (like our old scales). You simply step on and get an instant reading.

The scales themselves look very modern and feel well made and the glass feels strong. It has rubberized feet that keep it from slipping around, and the white color blends in well with our white bathroom floors. Whilst I wasn’t looking for the bells and whistles of measuring fat, muscle, bone density and water content, these are indeed an added bonus. The best bonus, however, is the tare function.

I highly recommend this bathroom scale.

Pros:

• Accurate weight measurement.
• Instant weight reading.
• Tare function is brilliant.
• Added bonus of fat, muscle, bone density and water content testing.
• Modern looks.
• Takes up very little room.
• Feels well made.
• Batteries last a long time, even with daily use.

Cons:

• None.

About my purchase:

I purchased this item for considerably more that the current listed price with my own money from Amazon with free Prime Shipping.

I heavily rely on Amazon reviews of other people when making my own purchases and therefore any review I write is absolutely honest with the hope it helps others make a decision.
on February 9, 2012
In general I love this scale; for the price it tells you a lot and seems fairly accurate. I bought this when my 3rd child was 3 months old because I didn't have a scale in the house and wanted to see how well I was getting back to my pre-pregnant weight. Plus I wanted to monitor my hydration, since, as a nursing mom, I sometimes forget to drink plenty of fluids. I also looked at this scale as a long term investment. Most similar scales only allow 4 profiles, but I thought as my son gets older it would be nice for all 5 of us in the family to have our own profiles.

Enter the quirks of this scale. You should be aware of the following before purchasing. They aren't all that big of a deal but might be a deal-breaker for some people:
1. Although you can store up to 8 profiles, you cannot set any profile age for younger than 10 years old! My oldest will be 10 soon, so I figured it would be close enough for her, but if you envision this as a family scale and have young children, you might want to be aware that you will not be able to program an accurate profile for them. That said, I don't know if that factors into any of the ways it calculates things. For my 7 yr old, I just put in age 10 and her height and it *seems* to work, but just how far you can stretch it, I'm not sure. Will it believe you have a 3 ft 10 yr old or will it malfunction?

2. Despite what the manual claims, you cannot just step on the scale if you want an accurate weight measurement. We have been sure to put it on a hard level surface, but when it turns on upon stepping on it, it's actually never zeroed properly at first. It usually reads about 4 lbs before going to zero. I discovered this by trial and error. As a scientist, I like to get a feel for the measurement error in devices such as this, and I soon discovered that the first measurement was always about 4 lbs more than subsequent measurements, and that the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. measurements were all within about 0.2lbs of each other. I even experimented with which foot I put on the scale first, figuring that maybe I was leaning weird somehow, but it seemed to make no difference. Then my husband told me that he always steps on it just hard enough to turn it on, then takes his foot back off for a moment. He notices that when he does this, it reads 4lbs instead of zero at first, then it goes to zero, then he steps on to weigh himself. After following this procedure, the measurements I get when weighing myself give good agreement, no matter how many times in a row I weigh myself.

3. The "unit" button. I admit, I didn't read every word of the manual at first, and skipped over the part about changing the units the scale measures in. Thus I was unaware that there was a unit button on the *bottom* of the scale! This is a really stupid design, because often when you grasp the scale to move it, you inadvertently depress the unit button. The scale need not be on for this to register, and I was perplexed to find the scale suddenly measuring my body weight in "stones," til I read the manual and discovered the unit button. Again, as a scientist I am definitely in favor of being able to change the scale so that it reads in kg instead of lbs, but "stones?" Who the heck needs to weigh themselves in "stones??" Plus I think they could have found a better placement for the unit button.

So bottom line: I've found a way to work around these quirks and get good use out of this scale, and I don't regret the purchase, because, again, it was so affordable for what this scale does. But personally I'd have liked to have been aware of some of these quirks before purchasing. Thus why I'm passing them onto you, the potential customer :) Cheers!
2323 comments| 738 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2018
I purchased this for my elderly father as apparently this specific model scale is the talk of the senior center that he attends every day! Handwritten post-it notes are being passed around with this scale's info on them as the word is that "everyone" has this model scale ... I can see why! ... The scale looks nice, is solidly made, has a larger than average platform on which to stand, and has a well-lit/back-lit display that is easy to see and read. Also, the readings are taken and displayed in a fraction of the time compared to any other digital scale that I've ever used. The other information/calculations that the scale also provides (body fat, hydration, muscle & bone mass) are nice extra bonuses not always found on other scales at this price-point.
review image
on July 10, 2016
 This Touch II Total Body Bath Scale from Ozeri has so many features to it and suits literally anyone in the household, pets included. The scale comes nicely packaged in a imaged box and contains instructions for use and batteries included.

I love the sleek stylish look of this scale and it is made of durable materials. The top of the scale is made of thick and heavy tempered glass with a white finish and stainless steel accents. It has a large blue LCD screen display that is easy to read. The back of the scale is made of hard plastic with rubber feet to keep the scale in place when on hard surfaces.

This scale does much more than provide your weight. It can store up to 8 user profiles and has automatic recognition technology for each profile. Each profile stores weight, gender, height and age data to easily track progress. When using the scale it will tell you your weight, body mass, hydration, muscle mass, and bone measurements. This is good for anyone trying to get healthy or for maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Another feature I really like about this scale is that it has a tare feature to weigh infants, pets, and even your luggage. Step on the scale yourself to weigh then get off and step back on holding your child/pet/luggage and it will then display the weights in two separate sections for easy viewing. I've never had a scale with this ability and it is a much appreciated feature, especially with weighing luggage I always had to manually subtract my weight.

The scale is touch censored so it will automatically go on when stepped on. After no movement on the scale has been detected it will go into sleep mode to save the battery usage. It requires two lithium batteries for use and is included with the scale upon receiving. The scale has a nice look to it so it can be kept out without the need to keep it hidden when not in use.

I love this scale and all the features it has to offer. It has so much more to offer than providing my weight. I received this item free in exchange for my honest unbiased review. All opinions are 100% my own. If you have any questions please feel free to comment below and I will do my best to answer them for you.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 16, 2016
What a great tool this is! It gives you the following readings:

(1) Weight
(2) Body Fat Ratio (body fat percentage of total body weight)
(3) Body Water Ratio (how hydrated you are - important for being healthy and burning fat)
(4) Body Muscle Ratio (muscle weight to body weight)
(5) Bone Ratio (bone weight to body weight)

You just step on and see your measurements. I record them in Excel because I am trying to lose weight, fat and increase my hydration, which is low. The booklet that comes with tells you the range you should be in for your gender and age. I use the minimums in Excel to see how much I need to lose or improve. The scale seems consistent from day to day.

You can program it for up to 8 people, but I'm the only one using it. I don't know if you can "hide" your scores from others, if you don't want them to see your numbers. You can also use it to weigh your baby or pet while holding them (called the "tare" function).

All in all, this was a great investment and I'm very happy with it. It is very attractive, too!

P.S. I began adding a *pinch* of baking soda to all the water I drink. I read that it helps alkalize the water, which helps you absorb it better. My Ozeri scale tells me that my hydration has improved 1 whole percentage point in just a few days. I'm thrilled and grateful that I have this handy scale to help me accomplish this goal!!!
on April 1, 2018
I bought this scale back in June and at first, it worked fine. A couple months ago it began malfunctioning; I tried adding another profile and the "Set" button wasn't responding to my touch easily. I'd have to press it several times before it worked. Just in the past month, it stopped taking my weight completely. I'd stand in it and the screen would just go black. I tried resetting it completely, but now the "Set" button barely responds to touch. All other buttons are working. After I finally got my profile reset and got to the final step (enter your age), no 0.0 came up like the manual says. Instead it said "Lo" and then began turning on and off again by itself, being every time. I had to take the batteries out. There doesn't seem to be an option to return this item, even though there is a warranty, so I've resorted to this review instead. I'm pretty annoyed that I didn't even get a year out of this $50 scale. So frustrating.
on January 7, 2016
I recently started back on my weight-loss journey and wouldn't you know it when I step on the old scale that I have the darn thing is giving me error codes and doesn't work anymore.

I did a lot of research before picking this Ozeri touch 440lbs total body scale.

I've had this a couple weeks now and I'm very happy with it.

A few of the reasons I pick this was that it will hold much more weight than most of the scales I have seen on the market and is so reasonably priced.

This has a lot of features. It can automatically recognize different users. Telling by the approximate last weights of people who is actually using the scale. So this does work for my husband who is about 50 pounds different from me and will not mess up our readings.

This also has an option to measure for a child, Pet or even a suitcase which I thought was really cool since we do use our scale while traveling overseas to measure our bags weight.

This has so many features I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet but it's working great from what I've tried so far.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a heavy weight scale or even just something to keep track of if you lost or not.
on November 8, 2017
I purchased 2 “Ozeri Touch 440 lbs Total Body Bath Scale – Measures Weight, Fat, Muscle, Bone & Hydration with Auto Recognition and Infant Tare Technology;” One for my home and one for my sons home. The scale looks great. I’m quite satisfied with the product. I would also even recommend the scale if it was under $25. The only reason I gave it three stars is because I don’t feel the auxiliary features, body fat measurement, total water weight, and bone mass work accurately or are dependable. The reason I don’t believe these features work accurately/dependable is because I found large changes from one day to the next; for example, I doubt I’m losing a half a pound of bone or gaining a half a pound of bone within 24 hours!
on April 4, 2018
Man, this is my third Ozeri bath scale. The first one had to be replaced under their 1 year warranty. It started giving me wonky readings at around 11 months. The replacement did the same thing just after a year so I bought this one (I don't know why) and it's giving me inaccurate readings now, too. I'm at 10 months ownership on this with extremely light use. Weigh-ins once a month maybe. Super frustrating. These don't seem to be made to last in my experience. (Ozeri kitchen scale works great after years though. Still very accurate. Daily use)
on May 24, 2017
Gives consistent readings, which is nice, unlike my old scale. Easy to personalize, even has regular or athetic male and female settings when you're setting up. Gives fat, hydration , muscle and bone percentages. The instruction book has a chart under each of those sections, that go by gender, age and height, so you have an idea of if your average, under or over on any of the readings. Can program up to 8 people. Has a tare setting so I can weigh my dog while holding her, which is a huge bonus to me because she's a squirmy one. Bold LCD display that's easy to read. Very slim, half the thickness of my old scale! This is a great buy and would recommend to anyone needing a great scale. Very, very happy with purchase.