Other Sellers on Amazon
Ozeri ZK14-S Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects - weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts between 5 units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) and displays results on an easy-to-read LCD screen - e.g. easily convert 539 grams to 1.188 pounds to 1 pound 3 ounces to 19.01 ounces to 539 ml.
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome, and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation. Cleans and stores easily.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) that automatically power-off after 2-minutes to preserve battery life, and an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed). Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Proudly selected by the Dana Farber Cancer Institute for a Harvard Medical School study on the link between weight loss and the prevention of breast cancer, the new Pronto Digital Kitchen Scale by Ozeri is an uncompromising multifunction scale for the kitchen and home. The Pronto is built with the latest generation in sensor technology to ensure an accurate and immediate response for the fast-paced chef, and features a newly enlarged weighing platform - one of the largest in its class, to accommodate larger bowls and food items. Elegantly designed with a refined finish, the Pronto also doubles as a postage machine for your mail or a scale for your children's science projects. The ultimate companion for the serious cook, the Pronto's large Unit button lets you change the unit of measurement with push-button ease, with 5 different units to choose from (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) - e.g. convert (539.8 grams) to (1.19 pounds) to (1 pound 3 ounces) to (19.04 ounces) to (539.8 ml). The widescreen LCD displays provides wide viewing angle for the fast moving chef. Manufactured to rigorous quality specifications, the Pronto weighs up to 11.24 pounds (5100 grams) in graduations of just 0.05 ounces (1 gram) to help you achieve your diet and weight goals. The Pronto also features an ever handy Tare button which automatically subtracts the weight of any bowl or container to calculate the net weight of your ingredients. The Pronto's Tare and Unit buttons provide an audible and tactile click confirmation so you never have to push twice when preparing meals in a hurry. The Pronto's aesthetic design and availability in multiple colors complement any kitchen decor, and it cleans quickly and stores easily. The Pronto runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) with an easy-access battery compartment, and 2-minute automatic power-off to preserve battery life. It also ships with a bonus set of batteries, and is guaranteed by Ozeri's No-Hassle Warranty.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This Ozeri Pronto food scale was used for making both English muffin and Black Canyon sourdough breads. The English muffin bread was broken in to two loaves and the Black Canyon bread was broken into six parts. This time around I made three loaves, using our new Freshware CB-104RD 6-Cavity Mini Silicone Mold for Soap, Bread, Loaf, Muffin, Brownie, Cornbread, Cheesecake, Pudding, and More and broke the other three into another six parts in total to bake with ham and cheese stuffed inside.
I noticed two aspects about this Ozeri food scale, which I don't see as an actual issue, but thought I'd mention. The first is that when I was changing the bread and the tare weight was zero it turned off in less than two minutes, as it felt like it took me about 30 seconds, but could've been a minute, between removing the one dough and had to stop before the other was almost placed on the scale. Basically, you'll want to make sure that any and/or all of the items that you plan on weighing are very much at the ready, otherwise you might need to turn it back on and set the tare up again. The other thing to note is that the ounces appear to change in increments of 0.03, which can make it almost impossible to get a truly precise measurement, but is still pretty close.
For the first time since baking homemade bread, all of the various loaves had basically the same pre-baked weight and came out looking approximately the same size too.
This Ozeri Pronto food scale works well and I look forward to using it for years to come. If you're in the market for a food scale to use while baking, then this is a good scale to purchase.
If you found this review "Helpful", please click the button below.
1. Usually I feel this scale is spot on, however, occasionally, the scale with jump back in forth between two numbers that are .03 of an ounce off. It happens with all sorts of food, I'm just not sure what the problem is -- sometimes it just can't make up its mind. This is a little annoying to me as I like to be as precise as possible, but it may not annoy you.
2. As many reviewers have noted, the display is small and thoughtlessly placed relative to the scale platform, so yes, your view is obstructed when using bigger dishes. I honestly thought I would not be vexed by this, but I have to admit it does get rather annoying to have to keep bending down to get a view of the readout.
3. Not sure if this is just my scale or not, but ever since day 1 the plastic coating that goes over the black portion of the scale seems to be bubbling and is very worn at the on/tare button. This is more of a cosmetic issue, but it still is a little bothersome.
Despite these issues I have to give the product 4 stars. It has helped me tremendously while recording my meals, I haven't had to replace the batteries since I purchased it several months ago, it does automatically go off but in an appropriate amount of time (I've never had it go off on me while I was cooking), it has several different units of measurement, and the tare option works great. Overall for the money I spent on this, I am confident I purchased the best scale at this price point.
Top international reviews
ACTUALIZACIÓN: ya llevo un año con este producto y no se le ha acabado la pila que viene incluída. Sigue funcionando a la perfección como cuando la compré, el producto es muy resistente a los golpes porque sigue sin detalles de uso. Cabe resaltar que los materiales si son muy resistentes. La recomiendo ampliamente, es un producto indispensable que no puede faltar en mi cocina.
As a general purpose scale I can't fault it.
The durability could be better though. The plastic guard on the screen is rather weak and dents easily. Also the rubber feet are prone to falling off if you're not careful.
*El producto es bastante solido en su fabricación.
*Cuenta con dos botones los cuales sirven para poder controlar el tipo de medida que necesitas.
*Incluye 4 baterías AAA.
*Tiene soporte hasta 5050 g.
*Es exacto al momento de pesar.
*Los materiales de construcción se sienten un poco baratos, al momento de ver la foto da la impresión que esta construido todo en metal o aluminio pero no es así, el producto esta conformado totalmente de plástico en su base y en la base de pesaje es también un tipo de plástico con aleación de otra cosa.
ANTES DE COMPRAR:
*Esta balanza solo puede pesar hasta 5050 g.
*Usa baterías AAA(dos pares de pilas incluidas).
*Esta fabricado en plástico.
Si lo que buscas es una bascula para pesar tus alimentos de forma rápida y precisa, este producto es para ti, sirve y sirve muy bien.
So far, I am very happy with the product.
BUT... after only a month of using the scale, the foil on the display is already bubbling up. (And this is NOT a foil that you should remove, it is firmly attached to the scale) It's a shame because it's an overall good kitchen scale.