Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- As real as it gets! This aircraft can be started and flown correctly by the numbers from a `cold and dark¿ cockpit. From the artwork on the nose to the twin-boom tail, P-38 Lightning is a masterpiece.
- Comes in 16 different liveries representing P-38F and J models. Flight models, cockpits, sounds and paint schemes are all designed to a very high level of accuracy and authenticity and is now ready to take its place in the legendary Just Flight hangar.
- Innovative features include drop tanks that can be jettisoned, detailed gun and camera bays, removable gunsight for improved vision in cockpits and even working gun and cannon effects.
- Cockpits are a revelation, with all major and minor controls capable of operation and virtually every lever, switch and wheel is reproduced. Gauges are set in authentic housings and use the unique `Liqui-Drive¿ system to guarantee smooth operation.
- Flight Simulator X or 2004, Windows Vista or XP RECOMMENDED HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS: PC with 1.7 GHz equivalent or higher processor (2.5GHz for FSX), 512Mb RAM (1.0Gb for FSX), 64Mb
P-38 Lightning is back! Known as the ¿Fork Tailed Devil¿ in the Far East the P-38 was a sight to behold and strike fear into the enemy¿s hearts. Over Europe, in the Mediterranean and across the Pacific, the Lockheed P-38 Lightning made a massive contribution to the allied victory in the air during WWII. As a fighter, ground attack or reconnaissance plane, the P-38 was a true multi-role aircraft. This classic has been notable by its absence in the simulated skies far too long until now. Lockheed's high performance, twin engine Lightning is re-created at a remarkably high level of detail in F and J variants by the award-winning partnership of Just Flight and Aeroplane Heaven and is now ready for you to fly on MS Flight Simulator X and 2004. Includes the recently restored `Glacier Girl¿.
Top customer reviews
You may find that Flight Simulator X can be installed and run with Windows 10, but save your money and don't buy this product. I even contacted the manufacturer, Just Flight, and was informed by them that there is an unresolved issue with their product and Windows 10.
You may also find a problem trying to return the product for a refund. The vendor I bought from will not take back opened games (which they contend this is) and even if you get a chance to send it back their return policy states you will have to pay for the shipping and they will try the program using their computers to see if it works. You don't know what their computer systems are and they don't say what operating system they're using.
Like I said...save your money. This is another victim of Windows 10.
Regardless, this is a fantastic way to experience what it would be like to dance around the skies in the mighty P-38 Lightning!
gauges are there, which reminds one how smart and how alert the guys who flew this machine during WWII had
to be. Inclusion of Dick Bong's Marge was a very nice touch for a UK company. Those blokes are all right.