Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,266 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,649 reviews
on June 7, 2017
This handy device has provided me with helpful information on small appliance operating costs. The voltage testing function does read a little high on my Kill-A-Watt meter. When it said that my house voltage was 140V, I asked an electrical engineer family member to do a side-by-side test it with his better voltmeter. His read the expected 122V for house current, so the Kill-a-Watt meter reads 15% high on voltage and probably also wattage. That's still within an acceptable range of error for estimating operating costs, so I'm OK with that error for such an inexpensive device. One appliance that I thought might cost a lot to run used only 0.7 kwh over a 12 hr operating cycle - less than a dime a day. In contrast, some big lights used over a dollar a day of electricity until I converted them to LED. Good investment.
on September 19, 2017
It works as described. I liked an affordable way to measure energy consumption. This model is inexpensive, so there are some cons.
1) For low-energy consumption devices (e.g. <100 W-h), you had to plug it in and accumulate actual consumtion over several hours or a day. Alternatively, you can just see what is power reading, but that is not very accurate if power consumed is low (<<10 W).
2) A little clunky and display is a little hard to see at an angle.
3) The main shortcoming is, however, its bulky shape, so it shields the other outlet when plugged in a double outlet wall plate. I wish that a there was a way to enter the local cost for a kW-h to caclulate energy cost, but this function is not included in this relatively cheap model, so callculate yourself.
Recommended at this price.
on September 18, 2017
Well I love it but now I hate it too as it showed me just how much energy my portable AC unit was using. Only downside is I wish it had a back light you could turn on or activate for a limited time. Might even be really cool if they had Bluetooth so you could read stuff from your phone but that might just be too lazy.
on March 13, 2017
I got this for monitoring small electric loads over a period of time for research and analysis. Works well. Just wish it had a memory for power loss, but there is another model that has this for around the same price. I do not recommend buying this for anything more than 11 amps with 15 amps peak current.
on January 7, 2017
Helped balance circuits in greenhouse installations. Have used it several times to recheck current usage by tank heaters.
lighting arrays, and space heaters.
on April 14, 2017
I got this to measure the power consumption of my BMW i3 charging process. Pros: measures power consumption
Cons: no battery or memory to keep constant track when in plugged. It is kinda like a volt meter. Measures only when connected. Goes to zero the moment it is powered down.
on March 17, 2017
I bought this to monitor the voltage in the Motor home while I'm plugged in at the RV parks.Easy to use! You can plug in things up to 15 amps and see how much electricity they use. This is helpful in an RV as you have limited power available and you can't always run everything you need at one time. Cool device!
on September 2, 2015
Our 45 year old refrigerator costs $12.00 a month to operate. (I clean the coils twice a year; replaced the fan once & oiled it twice; reduced 'self defrost cycle' by half. The seals are all tight.) If we could save half of that (not likely) by replacing it with a horrible white or stainless refrigerator that costs $1,440, it would pay for itself in 20 years... but new refrigerators don't last 20 years. So we'll keep what we have.

This device has lasted us about 6 years. I tried to see what it cost to restore 8 desiccant packs. A convection oven does not operate continuously for 20 hours. Like any oven it cycles on and off, otherwise using a 1,500 watt oven for 20 hours would cost $6.00. Drying 8 packs would be cost effective, unless it wrecked our 'summer kitchen' oven. Instead, it wrecked the P4400. Actually it just blew the internal thermal fuse. Readily available from China for $6.00 plus $1.00 shipping for 5 devices, replacing the thermal fuse requires competent soldering skill; the fuse carries 15 amps. I'm going to buy another since they are half price, and keep the repaired one as a spare.
on March 29, 2017
If it's accurate, it's great. I'm going all solar in a computer building workshop, and I HAVE to count watts and ohms. Easy to read, instant feedback. I can see a regular homeowner without solar benefiting from it as well...you'll KNOW where all those joules are going!!
on May 24, 2017
If you want to gain control over your electrical energy usage this is an absolutely necessary tool. It's also great for troubleshooting electrical devices, household generators in particular. If you use one as a back-up in your home you need the info this device provides.