P90X DVD Workout - Base Kit
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Get lean, bulk up, or grow stronger, with an endless variety of mix-and-match routines to keep you motivated
- Muscle Confusion technique accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus
- Collection of 12 highly diverse and intense DVD workouts across 12 DVDs
- Also includes a comprehensive nutrition plan, workout calendar, fitness guide, and How to Bring It DVD with an overview of the P90X system
- Personal trainer Tony Horton will keep you engaged every step of the way
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 highly intense workouts on 12 DVDs, designed to transform your body in 90 days. P90X includes a "How to Bring It" DVD for a quick overview of the complete P90X Extreme Home Fitness training system. To get you started, you will also receive a comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan, a detailed fitness guide, and a calendar to set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
From the Manufacturer
Tired of ineffective workouts that sound great, but produce less-than-optimal results? Turn to the P90X Extreme Home Fitness system, a bundle of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. Hosted by superstar trainer Tony Horton, this series of DVDs will help you get lean, bulk up, or grow stronger, with an endless variety of mix-and-match routines to keep you motivated. The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "muscle confusion," which accelerates the fitness process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so that your body never plateaus and you never get bored.
What's In The Package?
12 DVD workouts, a comprehensive three-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide packed with valuable information on how to get the most from your program, a How to Bring It DVD that provides a quick overview of the system, and a calendar to track your progress.
12 DVD Workouts
Each of the 12 highly diverse and intense DVD workouts focuses on either a specific set of muscle groups or a unique training technique.
- Chest & Back: This superset chest-and-back-blasting workout emphasizes two classic upper-body exercises--push-ups and pull-ups--to build strength and develop shape.
- Plyometrics: Get ready to go airborne. Offering more than 30 explosive jumping moves, this intense cardio routine will keep you in the air most of the time. Plyometrics, also known as jump training, has been proven to dramatically improve athletic performance.
- Shoulders & Arms: Nothing rounds out the perfect physique like a pair of well-defined arms and shoulders, and with its potent combination of pressing, curling, and fly movements, this routine will leave you feeling stronger and looking sexier.
- Yoga X: Yoga is a vital part of any fitness regimen, and is an absolute must for an extreme program like P90X. This routine combines strength, balance, coordination, flexibility, and breath work to enhance your physique and calm your mind.
- Legs & Back: Get ready to squat, lunge, and pull for a total-body workout like no other. While the main focus of this workout lies in strengthening and developing the leg muscles (quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves), there are also a handful of great pull-up exercises to give your legs a quick breather while you work the upper body.
- Kenpo X: Kenpo X was created to give P90X users a high-intensity cardiovascular workout packed with lots of punching and kicking combinations to improve balance, endurance, flexibility, and coordination.
- X Stretch: The X Stretch routine is an integral part of the program, as it helps prevent injuries and avoid plateaus. The extensive full-body stretches that make up this routine use disciplines from Kenpo karate, hatha yoga, and various sports to ensure that your body is fully prepared to meet all P90X challenges head-on.
- Core Synergistics: Each and every exercise in the Core Synergistics workout recruits multiple muscle groups to build and support the core (lumbar spine and trunk muscles), while at the same time conditioning your body from head to toe.
- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps: Packed with an array of moves that target both large and small muscles, this workout will do wonders for your upper body. In just one full sequence you'll get a healthy dose of presses, flys, and extensions to push you to the brink. .
- Back & Biceps: With a host of curls and pull-ups, this routine will make it fun to flex those powerful biceps. But don't worry, ladies--by using lighter weight, you can focus on toning and tightening these showcase arm muscles without adding the size that most guys covet. Additionally, this workout also provides some great back definition that everyone can appreciate.
- Cardio X: This low-impact cardio routine can be used in a variety of ways to meet your P90X goals. Use it in addition to your standard P90X workload when you want to burn some extra calories, or as a substitute if your body needs a break from the program's high-impact workouts.
- Ab Ripper X: The combination and sequence of movements in this unique workout taps into not only abdominal strength, but true core strength as well. Master these 11 highly effective exercises and you will achieve vital abdominal muscle strength to benefit your overall health and physical performance. You'll also develop that highly coveted six-pack as you take Ab Ripper X to full throttle.
Tools to Keep You Motivated
- How to Bring It DVD provides a quick overview of the P90X system.
- P90X Calendar to set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
- Nutrition Plan designed to work in tandem with the P90X system. This three-phase eating plan recommends the perfect combination of foods to satisfy your body's energy needs every step of the way.
- P90X Fitness Guide provides a road map and plan of attack for using P90X. Learn the guidelines for getting started and essential tips for how to make the most of the program.
- Free Online Support Tools for access to fitness experts, peer support, and motivation.
What Else Do I Need for P90X? (tools below are not included in the P90X base kit)
Recommended tools include a chin up bar and resistance bands or dumbbells. Optional tools include a yoga/exercise mat, push up stands, and a heart rate monitor.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 11 x 7.5 x 4.5 inches; 1.94 Pounds
- Item model number : 01794001
- Date First Available : July 12, 2007
- Manufacturer : Beachbody Inc.,
- ASIN : B000TG8D6I
- Customer Reviews:
ITEM IS BRAND-NEW SEALED IN BOX
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just for comparison to people thinking of purchasing this program, I'm a 36 year old asian male, 5'11 tall, 198.6 pounds before I started P90X.
At Day 30 I'm at 187.2 pounds, yes, I lost more than 10 pounds in 30 days and my considerably round belly is halfway gone, chest and arms forming muscles.
At Day 60 I'm at 181.6 pounds and my belly is mostly gone with signs of abs showing up, my arms clearly shows muscle growth and my back is looking nice.
I just started the last 30 days of the program but I got to tell you that P90X, simply WORKS, that is, if you COMMIT to it.
I have to tell you that the exercises in P90X range from fairly easy to merciless, it is really designed to push you. BUT do not let that deter you from considering this program. When I started my first week, I can barely keep up, I was only able to do 20 minutes of each workout, especially the strength training. I was so out of shape that I was breathing so hard just after 15 minutes and really struggling with the strength training, BUT I committed to it and after week 3 I noticed it is getting easier to breath and was able to keep up and I was so happy when I was able to finish one whole 60 min. session. And I kept at it.
Each DVD is 60 minutes long, 10 minutes of warm-up and cool down and 50 minutes of workout. Tony Horton shows you proper technique and tons of tips on how to do each exercise properly. For each exercise, there is also a modified move which they show for people who are just starting, these modified moves really helped me out during the first few weeks.
Another thing I just love about this program is how Tony keeps saying, Don't be a hero, if you feel your legs buckling, arms aching and losing proper form, STOP, you have reached your limit, get some rest or move on to the next one. He also recommends extending the breaks in between sets if you need to. These words from him always reminds you that it's good that you are committing to this program but don't kill yourself doing it, and that it's okay to get some rest and not feel bad about it.
Equipment wise, I found that all you really need is a good set of resistance bands with the door attachment so it will serve as your pull-up and chin-up exercise equipment as well as other strength training exercises. That's what I have been using since day 1 and it still gives me a good workout. Just keep adding those bands together as you get stronger to get more resistance. But if you do have a pull-up bar and a set of weights already, then by all means use them.
Now, DIET. The product includes a diet program you can follow. But this I DIDN'T do, but I still got results. All I did was watch my calorie intake and did my best not go over the limit. Another thing is to try to keep away from soda and pastries. I still do the occasional cheating but it's still best to minimize it.
So there it is. Remember, you have to COMMIT to this program and give it your all. Do not do the exercise just for the sake of doing it. You have to give it your best, if Tony tells you to do a jab and uppercut combination, do EACH SINGLE one with as much intensity as you can. That is the only way you'll succeed through this program and get great results. Do not listen to naysayers about this program, the only reason it didn't work for them is because they didn't give it their all and just plain gave up. Commitment applies to everything in life doesn't it? If you want to get better at something, you have to commit to it.
Hope this review helped. I can't wait to see the results when I finally finish the last 30 days.
my only complaint is that I don't think it is mentioned enough that this program is designed for athletes or people who are already very active. I only need to lose 10 pounds so its no big deal to me.................I feel like I am getting a huge bonus because not only am I going to lose my 10 pounds........im going to have a kick-ass looking bod fit and trim. I do think that this program is not for anyone who does not exercise much.it is a tough program but well worth it if your serious.
As an asthmatic, I can tell you first hand that this is not easy on your lungs, and I can't personally recommend it, but if you are healthy, go for it. I had to use my inhaler multiple times, even on Advair, and I came very close to a full blown asthma attack once. Just be very careful.
The workouts themselves are insane, but not so hard as to discourage you from participating. The first few weeks are hell: Sweaty, painful hell. And then your strength comes. I have never been able to do so many pull ups in my life (25 in a row, no assistance...and I'm a woman) For some reason, I felt confident on this program. I felt like I could do anything after one of Tony's famous 60 minute ass-whoopings!
Tony is likable and humorous. You can tell he loves what he does, and his passion shines through. Normally, I tend to ignore the hosts of these programs, but he managed to engage me, and a few times, his words actually helped me push through.
Personally, I found the food program to be totally doable. Some of the recipes were downright delicious (Steak and arugula salad, anyone?) This is definitely not a starvation diet. You will eat well. I think it's excellent because not only does the plan pack on the flavor, it teaches you to see food as fuel instead of a pastime. I usually hate diets, but I felt great on this one, it was quite an easy transition, and it didn't kill my wallet.
I definitely recommend this for people (like me) who wish to tone up and lose a few pounds, and for people (like my boyfriend) who want to define and strengthen muscle. As lame as it sounds, this was a really fun couple's activity and it gave us a goal to work towards together.
Try it out!
Top reviews from other countries
I’m 61 years old this year, and as a result of this program I’m probably in a comparable shape to when I was in my twenties!!
I was by no means In bad shape, and have been quite physically active throughout my life. But this was tough. I couldn’t do many of the workouts properly when I started, and in the first couple of weeks often felt nauseous during the workouts because I hadn’t worked so hard for many years. But if you stick with it, and don’t give up - and just do your best, you will break through your own barriers and grow. Physically and mentally.
For the first couple of weeks I was dreading each morning - which is when I prefer to to the workouts. As soon as I get up.
After three weeks, I found that I was actually starting to looking forward to the sessions. Almost at the end of the program, I know that I won’t stop.
I will just continue ad-infinitum. I love how I look and feel.
If you want to get the results advertised, you will also have to eat well. I don’t follow the supplied dietary guidance very closely, but I have greatly reduced my carb intake and now eat much more raw and Whole Foods. My belly has almost gone, and my abs are now clearly visible.
If you are willing to commit to this life changing program, your life will be transformed.
Packaging: Well packaged
Quality: Great booklets and case
Verdict: If you follow this you will definitely get results. It is by no means easy but it is something worth trying. Even if you dont do the whole routine just finding the different exercises and specific sets you like which you can use. I love the AB workout disc and do it daily even if I am not doing any of the others
As long as you have a good diet and try as much as you can to do the exercises, you should undoubtedly lose weight and get in shape. There are also a fair amount of pull-ups but I don't have a pull-up bar so instead use the power cord on the door or just do dumbbell rows - you can easily look online for pull-up alternatives but if you can do them it'd be better.