P90X DVD Workout - Base Kit
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Get lean, bulk up, or grow stronger, with an endless variety of mix-and-match routines to keep you motivated
- Muscle Confusion technique accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus
- Collection of 12 highly diverse and intense DVD workouts across 12 DVDs
- Also includes a comprehensive nutrition plan, workout calendar, fitness guide, and How to Bring It DVD with an overview of the P90X system
- Personal trainer Tony Horton will keep you engaged every step of the way
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 highly intense workouts on 12 DVDs, designed to transform your body in 90 days. P90X includes a "How to Bring It" DVD for a quick overview of the complete P90X Extreme Home Fitness training system. To get you started, you will also receive a comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan, a detailed fitness guide, and a calendar to set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
From the Manufacturer
Tired of ineffective workouts that sound great, but produce less-than-optimal results? Turn to the P90X Extreme Home Fitness system, a bundle of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. Hosted by superstar trainer Tony Horton, this series of DVDs will help you get lean, bulk up, or grow stronger, with an endless variety of mix-and-match routines to keep you motivated. The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "muscle confusion," which accelerates the fitness process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so that your body never plateaus and you never get bored.
What's In The Package?
12 DVD workouts, a comprehensive three-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide packed with valuable information on how to get the most from your program, a How to Bring It DVD that provides a quick overview of the system, and a calendar to track your progress.
12 DVD Workouts
Each of the 12 highly diverse and intense DVD workouts focuses on either a specific set of muscle groups or a unique training technique.
- Chest & Back: This superset chest-and-back-blasting workout emphasizes two classic upper-body exercises--push-ups and pull-ups--to build strength and develop shape.
- Plyometrics: Get ready to go airborne. Offering more than 30 explosive jumping moves, this intense cardio routine will keep you in the air most of the time. Plyometrics, also known as jump training, has been proven to dramatically improve athletic performance.
- Shoulders & Arms: Nothing rounds out the perfect physique like a pair of well-defined arms and shoulders, and with its potent combination of pressing, curling, and fly movements, this routine will leave you feeling stronger and looking sexier.
- Yoga X: Yoga is a vital part of any fitness regimen, and is an absolute must for an extreme program like P90X. This routine combines strength, balance, coordination, flexibility, and breath work to enhance your physique and calm your mind.
- Legs & Back: Get ready to squat, lunge, and pull for a total-body workout like no other. While the main focus of this workout lies in strengthening and developing the leg muscles (quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves), there are also a handful of great pull-up exercises to give your legs a quick breather while you work the upper body.
- Kenpo X: Kenpo X was created to give P90X users a high-intensity cardiovascular workout packed with lots of punching and kicking combinations to improve balance, endurance, flexibility, and coordination.
- X Stretch: The X Stretch routine is an integral part of the program, as it helps prevent injuries and avoid plateaus. The extensive full-body stretches that make up this routine use disciplines from Kenpo karate, hatha yoga, and various sports to ensure that your body is fully prepared to meet all P90X challenges head-on.
- Core Synergistics: Each and every exercise in the Core Synergistics workout recruits multiple muscle groups to build and support the core (lumbar spine and trunk muscles), while at the same time conditioning your body from head to toe.
- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps: Packed with an array of moves that target both large and small muscles, this workout will do wonders for your upper body. In just one full sequence you'll get a healthy dose of presses, flys, and extensions to push you to the brink. .
- Back & Biceps: With a host of curls and pull-ups, this routine will make it fun to flex those powerful biceps. But don't worry, ladies--by using lighter weight, you can focus on toning and tightening these showcase arm muscles without adding the size that most guys covet. Additionally, this workout also provides some great back definition that everyone can appreciate.
- Cardio X: This low-impact cardio routine can be used in a variety of ways to meet your P90X goals. Use it in addition to your standard P90X workload when you want to burn some extra calories, or as a substitute if your body needs a break from the program's high-impact workouts.
- Ab Ripper X: The combination and sequence of movements in this unique workout taps into not only abdominal strength, but true core strength as well. Master these 11 highly effective exercises and you will achieve vital abdominal muscle strength to benefit your overall health and physical performance. You'll also develop that highly coveted six-pack as you take Ab Ripper X to full throttle.
Tools to Keep You Motivated
- How to Bring It DVD provides a quick overview of the P90X system.
- P90X Calendar to set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
- Nutrition Plan designed to work in tandem with the P90X system. This three-phase eating plan recommends the perfect combination of foods to satisfy your body's energy needs every step of the way.
- P90X Fitness Guide provides a road map and plan of attack for using P90X. Learn the guidelines for getting started and essential tips for how to make the most of the program.
- Free Online Support Tools for access to fitness experts, peer support, and motivation.
What Else Do I Need for P90X? (tools below are not included in the P90X base kit)
Recommended tools include a chin up bar and resistance bands or dumbbells. Optional tools include a yoga/exercise mat, push up stands, and a heart rate monitor.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerITEM IS BRAND-NEW SEALED IN BOX
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Just for comparison to people thinking of purchasing this program, I'm a 36 year old asian male, 5'11 tall, 198.6 pounds before I started P90X.
At Day 30 I'm at 187.2 pounds, yes, I lost more than 10 pounds in 30 days and my considerably round belly is halfway gone, chest and arms forming muscles.
At Day 60 I'm at 181.6 pounds and my belly is mostly gone with signs of abs showing up, my arms clearly shows muscle growth and my back is looking nice.
I just started the last 30 days of the program but I got to tell you that P90X, simply WORKS, that is, if you COMMIT to it.
I have to tell you that the exercises in P90X range from fairly easy to merciless, it is really designed to push you. BUT do not let that deter you from considering this program. When I started my first week, I can barely keep up, I was only able to do 20 minutes of each workout, especially the strength training. I was so out of shape that I was breathing so hard just after 15 minutes and really struggling with the strength training, BUT I committed to it and after week 3 I noticed it is getting easier to breath and was able to keep up and I was so happy when I was able to finish one whole 60 min. session. And I kept at it.
Each DVD is 60 minutes long, 10 minutes of warm-up and cool down and 50 minutes of workout. Tony Horton shows you proper technique and tons of tips on how to do each exercise properly. For each exercise, there is also a modified move which they show for people who are just starting, these modified moves really helped me out during the first few weeks.
Another thing I just love about this program is how Tony keeps saying, Don't be a hero, if you feel your legs buckling, arms aching and losing proper form, STOP, you have reached your limit, get some rest or move on to the next one. He also recommends extending the breaks in between sets if you need to. These words from him always reminds you that it's good that you are committing to this program but don't kill yourself doing it, and that it's okay to get some rest and not feel bad about it.
Equipment wise, I found that all you really need is a good set of resistance bands with the door attachment so it will serve as your pull-up and chin-up exercise equipment as well as other strength training exercises. That's what I have been using since day 1 and it still gives me a good workout. Just keep adding those bands together as you get stronger to get more resistance. But if you do have a pull-up bar and a set of weights already, then by all means use them.
Now, DIET. The product includes a diet program you can follow. But this I DIDN'T do, but I still got results. All I did was watch my calorie intake and did my best not go over the limit. Another thing is to try to keep away from soda and pastries. I still do the occasional cheating but it's still best to minimize it.
So there it is. Remember, you have to COMMIT to this program and give it your all. Do not do the exercise just for the sake of doing it. You have to give it your best, if Tony tells you to do a jab and uppercut combination, do EACH SINGLE one with as much intensity as you can. That is the only way you'll succeed through this program and get great results. Do not listen to naysayers about this program, the only reason it didn't work for them is because they didn't give it their all and just plain gave up. Commitment applies to everything in life doesn't it? If you want to get better at something, you have to commit to it.
Hope this review helped. I can't wait to see the results when I finally finish the last 30 days.
The reason I considered this. My best friend when I lived in NY was a professional dancer. He could lift a fellow dancer (man or woman) over his head without breaking a sweat. He told me - Strength isn't about bulk, it isn't about repetition of the same movements. To do anything that requires strength, all of your muscles have to be engaged and trained to work at their maximum and to be able to react differently for each different movement. I always remembered this when checking out workout routines When I came across P90X, it was the best routine for an all over workout, and challenged your muscles to constantly work differently.
I recommend watching the video first before going through it, so that you know how the whole session runs before actually doing it. Also, there may be some moves you aren't familiar with and before slamming them into a whole routine, work them out so you can get comfortable with them. I'm not that coordinated and had a little trouble with getting some of the exercises down, especially when they change so quickly. Watching first and practicing a little helped. My personal recommendation is that you might want to add more stretching before and after doing the video, flexibility really helps you get more out of the exercises. I also have carpal tunnel, so I had to modify exercises that had push ups in them. I use push up bars to keep the stress and weight off my wrists. Definity HHP-001 Pair of Push Up Bars These are really great ones to use, sturdy, and they aren't heavy so you can do the Double Dog push ups and adjust your hands slightly for the yoga positions easily. As far as other equipment goes, there are bands and balls and weights you can use, but you don't absolutely need them to do the exercises. If you don't have them on hand when you get the DVD, do the exercises without and then look for the equipment that works for you. Although I do recommend getting a good pull up bar, and one that allows for many different hand positions.
You get the benefit of cross training in this system - you get elements of martial arts, boxing, yoga, and basic cardio. And you won't get bored. The routines change constantly, and you don't push your body to the point of muscle exhaustion. This work out does repeat exercises, but something that is done 100 times is a quick moving exercise so the whole segment is at most a minute or so. The sequence of the exercises is done well because even when you are working a specific muscle group in a few exercises, you go from working them through cardio to resistance, so they are being worked differently and you don't push your muscles too far.
Another reason I like this system is because it does all the right things for helping you lose weight in addition to getting in shape (which was one of my goals when I bought it). You get the resistance training (building muscle burns more fat) and the cardio (which also burns fat), so your weight loss plan gets a huge help. I also supplement with Raspberry Ketone Platinum (2 Bottles) - Clinical Strength - All Natural Fat Burning, Weight Loss, Diet Supplement, 60 capsules before I do my workout. It gives me a ton of energy to get through my workout and additionally it has helped me lose weight faster. I have lost nearly twice as much weight per week using the Raspberry Ketone with the workouts than when I just did P90X (was losing about 1.5 - 2lbs per week without the supplement now close to 4lbs a week while using it). It is a clinical strength formula but still all-natural, which is a big plus to me. There are plenty of good fat burner/energy supplements you can use, I just found this one worked the best for me.
To sum up my recommendations:
Watch the videos first
Practice some of the new exercises so you know how to do them before you go through the video as a whole
Don't be too ambitious at first, do exercises without the weights, balls, bands, etc. then add them when you have the routine down, and use the equipment that works for you
Don't be too ambitious at first, if you can't get through the one-day routine, break it into two or more days. Since you have the DVDs, you will eventually be able to do the whole day routine all the way through
Don't be a hero, if an exercise causes you pain, modify it so that you can do it without hurting yourself (ex. push up bars)
If you are looking to lose weight too, a good supplement really helps
Definitely a workout worth making part of your daily routine.
my only complaint is that I don't think it is mentioned enough that this program is designed for athletes or people who are already very active. I only need to lose 10 pounds so its no big deal to me.................I feel like I am getting a huge bonus because not only am I going to lose my 10 pounds........im going to have a kick-ass looking bod fit and trim. I do think that this program is not for anyone who does not exercise much.it is a tough program but well worth it if your serious.