Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 123 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 130 reviews
on December 13, 2013
I expanded my security system to include some indoor and hidden nanny cams so I upgraded the DVR and did not want 6 AC adapters on my outlets so I bought this puppy. I like the fact that I already have it running 6 cams on this for months already and it has not died or burned out. Actually, the adapter has minimal heat to my surprise so that I am very happy with. My only but major problem is the wiring point where the line splits into 9. Perhaps it's shoddy soldering or what but I began to notice that if the any of the lines gets stressed more than lightly, it interrupts the power. So what I did was I electric taped the base to keep a straighter support where the junction splits into 9 and that did the trick until my backup/new splitter arrives. It wasn't worth the trouble sending it back for me because of my limited time, energy and ever growing to do list...last thing I need is to sit on CS line for 45 mins to try and get this splitter replaced. This is what annoyed me, if you are making a splitter of 9 ports, why would you not reinforce the junction point to make sure it can withstand more stress from the additional lines?

For what it's worth, it's still powering, the adapter does not create extreme heat and I have it on 6 cams 24/7 which 6 are indoor/outdoor cams and the future 2 will be tiny nanny cams so that gives you an idea of what it's powering.
on December 22, 2013
I bought an 8 channel dvr that came with 4 cameras. I then bought 4 more cameras without realizing I didn't have the power adapter for it. I bought this one and plugged it in and it worked. I know that doesn't sound like much of a review, but what else can you say? It powers all of my cameras with just one plug so I'm not taking up extra outlets.
on January 7, 2016
Designed to be a cheap substitute for the Samsung 8 camera day night security system camera OEM part. Not worth the tradeoff. When you contact the company or the reseller they don't understand the problem or care to. The transformer is underpowered for a day night security camera system. Makes the quality image you had look rainy or fuzzy. I think if you bought one of these for 4 cameras and one for the other 4 it might be better. That being said the costumer service is so bad I don't think the product will last.
on October 12, 2015
If you have a lot of cameras, then you will want to use this ac adapter to provide enough power. The adapters you get with the cameras or security systems are generally under powered or just enough (ac adapter tends to run warm). I use this with our Lorex systems and have it providing power to 4 cameras which keeps the ac adapter cool and provides plenty of power to the cameras.

If another ac adapter dies, this makes a great backup to temporarily have more then 4 cameras connected to it.
on September 14, 2016
As other reviewers have said, the adapter is fine however the 9 port splitter has issues. Several of the ports had no power upon arrival. Then the seller wants me to pay to ship the defective item back.
on February 26, 2014
Its nice to have a power supply for up to 9 Cams. I like the fact that it has a long cord that plugs into power, instead of a big adapter that blocks 2 or 3 plug ins. Only giving 4 stars, as I have yet had time to test it out, will update stars when it passes (Sure it will).
on July 21, 2014
Nice to free up some outlets. My 8 camera DVR came with 4 cameras and a corresponding power adapter with 4 heads on it, but all the new cameras I have bought each came with individual power adapters and my outlet strips were filling up. I have a select number of outlets connected to my UPS and hate adding more power strip clutter. So this is perfect!
on January 18, 2014
I was going to go down the power box route and I'm glad I came across this little bad boy. I have seven cameras plugged in to it working like a charm. So much nicer than having to have power strips and zip ties all over the place.
on November 28, 2014
It is nice to have all my camera powered off one adapter. I bought this to consolidate cords so I could put everything on a UPS. I have six cameras (most defenders) powered with it right now and they work perfectly. I would highly recommend this to help with cord clutter.
on December 19, 2013
If you're going to run many cameras from the same AC adapter you need to have serious power. This unit having 5 amps is serious!

I learned the hard way about simply splitting up the power from a standard transformer. I was getting traveling white raster lines in my image. I suspected everything (server, cables, camera) before I tried a different power supply.

Using this unit cleared everything up now. I'm back to purchase 2 more.