- Hardcover: 712 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Liss; 1 edition (April 1, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471251232
- ISBN-13: 978-0471251231
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.7 x 10.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,593,913 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #344 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Medicine > Clinical > Radiology & Nuclear Medicine > Diagnostic Imaging
- #489 in Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Radiology > Diagnostic Imaging
- #696 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Medicine > Diagnostics & Labs
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PACS and Imaging Informatics: Basic Principles and Applications 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"...an excellent book for people involved in the design, implementation, or simply the operations of PACS and an appropriate textbook…" (IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology, July/August 2005)
"the strength of the book lies in the vast experience of the author, who has implemented PACS at numerous institutions in the United States and abroad…" (Radiology, June 2005)
From the Back Cover
First envisioned by members of the radiology community, Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) have developed to affect the entire spectrum of health care delivery. Enabled by recent advances in information technology, the PACS concept of an integrated system has progressed rapidly and proven greater than the sum of its parts. No longer does discussion center on "if." purchase justification has given way to the "how" of best practices for installing and maintaining a PACS, and best uses for clinical service, research, and education.
PACS and Imaging Informatics: Basic Principles and Applications addresses all the latest developments in this exciting field, from the electronic patient record with image distribution to the full range of topics in digital imaging. Written in clear, nontechnical language, this text features coverage of:
- Web-based PACS
- Fault-tolerant image archive servers
- Industrial standards
- Integrating the healthcare enterprise
- Clinical management systems
- Light imaging
- Digital radiography
- PACS-based imaging informatics
PACS and Imaging Informatics uses the framework of imaging informatics to explain PACS, making the text accessible to those without advanced knowledge of physics, engineering, math, or information technology. With the most systematic and thorough coverage of practical applications available, this text is the complete guide for all those involved in designing, implementing, and using PACS.