Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PANASONIC LUMIX G VARIO LENS, 45-150MM, F4.0-5.6 A..." and save 28% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
PANASONIC LUMIX G VARIO LENS, 45-150MM, F4.0-5.6 ASPH., MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, MEGA OPTICAL I.S., H-FS45150AK (USA BLACK)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 45-150mm F4.0-5.6 zoom that is ultra-lightweight and compact
- Lumix Optical Stabilization performance- Mega O.I.S.
- Perfect for combined photo and HD video hybrid photography
- Near silent inner focus system
- 52mm filter size
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||4.84 x 4.02 x 4.02 inches|
|Item Weight||0.7 pounds|
|Lens Design||Fixed Zoom|
|Maximum Focal Length||150|
|Minimum Focal Length||45|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||52 mm|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
The LUMIX G VARIO 45-150 mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS45150AK) lens is compatible with Compact System Cameras (DSLM) LUMIX G models that comply with Micro Four Thirds System standard.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- This is an initial review after using the lens for about 3 hours. The camera body used was Olympus OM-D E-M10.
- I do not have a copy of 25mm f/1.4 lens to compare this one against
- I will keep my written review on optical to minimal as it can be very subjective and I am not the most qualified individual to do so by any means
- Instead I will focus on highlighting product design, constructions, and features
- For those of you who wants to see some actual photos taken with the lens, I have uploaded full resolution shots to the link below
=== Pros ===
- Excellent price point : ~$150 brand new
- Light weight : measured 152 grams with both the hood and the lens cap on
- Silky wide focus ring : the focus ring is very wide and well dampened with no wiggling. It makes no noise when turning. In my opinion better than Olympus 45mm f/1.8
- Lens hood included : the hood can be mounted backwards when not in use. It is made of solid plastic with inner coatings and threads.
- Good flare control : no noticeable flaring even without the lens hood on although I have only tested indoors
- Good edge-to-edge sharpness : this lens in my view is sharp across the frame even at wide open
=== Cons ===
- Long minimum focus distance : measured to be approximately 16cm
- Some chromatic aberration seen at lower f stops : stepping down approximately 3 stops makes it reasonably controlled. This may be a non-issue with Panasonic bodies.
- AF overshoots sometimes : this is nothing major but I find the lens to be overshooting a little bit during AF when paired with my OM-D E-M10. This may be a non-issue with Panasonic bodies.
=== Summary ===
This 25mm f/1.8 lens is very well designed and put together - striking a good balance between solid construction and light weight portability. Even though minimum focus distance is a bit disappointing, it's bright aperture of f/1.7 can deliver good subject isolation. This lens is a solid buy at the current price point of ~$150.
Personally, this would make an excellent companion lens to heavier and much bulkier zooms such as Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 or Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8. I have sold Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 and Olympus 17mm f/2.8 when I got my 12-40mm f/2.8. However, this one will have keep its own spot in my bag as a cheap but solid "nifty fifty" along with Olympus 45mm f/1.8.
I can also see this lens performing well for videography in manual focus - primarily due to it's wide and silky focus ring.
Overall it is very sharp and produces images with an excellent color especially on nice sunny days. I am using it with the Panasonic GF2. My shots usually come out better than my friends high end Canon system that cost 3x the amount. You will not be disappointed if you get this lens.
Most recent customer reviews
So far the results are great. Focus is fast and low light is very good