Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PANASONIC LUMIX G LENS, 25MM, F1.7 ASPH, MIRRORLES..." and save 7% off the $147.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
PANASONIC LUMIX G LENS, 25MM, F1.7 ASPH, MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, H-H025K (USA BLACK)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- A versatile 25mm lens with a natural viewing angle suitable for a wide variety of occasions (35mm camera equivalent: 50 mm)
- Beautiful background bokeh effect from its large diameter F1.7 aperture; Mount : Micro Four Thirds mount
- Super lightweight and compact at only 125g / 2.05in length, lens construction 8 elements in 7 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Hybrid photography enabled for both photo and HD video recording with quiet and smooth fast action stepping motor focusing
- Takes advantage of LUMIX mirrorless camera high-speed, high-precision Contrast AF system
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
LUMIX G Lens, 25mm, F1.7 ASPH., Micro Four Thirds
-Versatile, fast standard 25mm lens (35mm camera equivalent: 50 mm) with a beautiful bokeh background defocus effect for exceptionally creative imaging.
Perfect for low-light, high-quality photography with a bright, maximum F1.7 aperture (minimum aperture F22).
Compare with similar items
PANASONIC LUMIX G II LENS, 20MM, F1.7 ASPH, MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, H-H020AK (USA BLACK)
Olympus M. 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R Zoom Lens (Black) for Olympus Micro 4/3 Cameras
PANASONIC LUMIX G LEICA DG SUMMILUX LENS, 25MM, F1.4 ASPH., MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, H-X025 (USA BLACK)
Sigma 60mm F2.8 EX DN Art (Black) for Micro 4/3
Olympus 25mm f1.8 Interchangeable Lens (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Photo Savings||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Olympus/Panasonic Micro 4/3||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds|
|Focus Type||auto-focus||Micromotor||Micromotor||Micromotor||Stepper motor||Stepper motor|
|Item Dimensions||3.23 x 3.23 x 4.41 in||1.02 x 2.48 x 2.48 in||3.39 x 2.52 x 2.52 in||2.17 x 2.48 x 2.48 in||2.2 x 2.4 x 2.4 in||1.61 x 2.2 x 2.2 in|
|Item Weight||5.6 ounces||3.07 ounces||6.7 ounces||7.05 ounces||1 lb||4.8 ounces|
|Lens Type||all-in-one-zoom||Prime lens||Zoom lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||25 millimeters||20 millimeters||150 millimeters||25 millimeters||60 millimeters||25 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||25 millimeters||20 millimeters||40 millimeters||25 millimeters||60 millimeters||25 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||—||46 millimeters||58 millimeters||46 millimeters||60 millimeters||46 millimeters|
The H-H025 LUMIX G 25mm interchangeable lens fits LUMIX G DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) cameras based on the Micro Four Thirds system standard. Achieving F1.7 high-speed aperture, the LUMIX G 25mm / F1.7 ASPH. keeps its size compact and weight light. The large aperture allows a beautiful soft focus for photo and video to be even more impressive and encourages users to capture the subject without using a flash even in dimly-lit conditions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, this is the lens I use for portrait and telephoto needs. With extension rings, it also does a decent job as a macro lens.
Photozone.de reviewed this lens and gave it between 3 and 3.5 stars for optical quality, and 4 stars for price/performance. So optically, it's OK, not stellar.
However head-shots at f5.6, (horizontal, not tight-in verticals), clearly show individual eyelashes, fine facial hair, and the tiny arteries in the sclera of the eyes. I have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of detail that this lens delivers.
Given how inexpensive this lens is, and how good it is, it is an incredible bargain.
With the above info, here are my brief nonscientific observations re: this lens.
2. Size / Weight: It's light and relatively compact; excellent choice for a travel / all in one lens.
3. Image quality: this is the crazy thing, but from my observations (again completely non-scientific), I believe this lens is... sharper (in the corners) compared to the new "pro" Panasonic 12-60mm 2.8-4.0. (shooting RAW, tripod, same subject, same apeture etc...) as well as the Olympus 12-100mm. Now perhaps I received a "bad copy" of the pro lens, but I can definitely say this much cheaper lens is of equal or... better output compared to the more expensive counterparts. Now to confirm that I'm not completely insane; the "pro" lens that are better than this one are the Olympus 12-40mm 2.8 and the older Olympus 12-60mm (four thirds).
4. In summary for those wanting a relatively cheap, light / compact lens with a decent zoom range (please don't go for the super zooms because the quality is really subpar), this is definitely a winner.
5. By the way, this is one of those instances where it might be worthwhile to do your own tests because many of the online reviews have been fairly negative in re: this lens; I don't get it.
Update, I liked it so much I bought another (third) just to match all my Multicam interviews. Be aware, if you are shooting Multicam with this lens and don't have another for the other bodies you will notice it big time in post.