Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PANASONIC LUMIX G LEICA DG VARIO-ELMAR PROFESSIONA..." and save 19% off the $1,799.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes parts and labor coverage. Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begins on the day you purchase the plan. Coverage for mechanical and electrical begins after your product's manufacturer's warranty (OEM warranty) expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) provided via email within hours of completing your purchase. If you do not receive your T&Cs, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" within the folders of your Inbox.
- Provides nationwide service support for coverages as defined within the plan benefits and terms. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, and secure support with an industry-leading company. You may request a cancellation at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
PANASONIC LUMIX G LEICA DG VARIO-ELMAR PROFESSIONAL LENS, 100-400MM, F4.0-6.3 ASPH., MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, POWER OPTICAL I.S., H-RS100400 (USA BLACK)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight. Up to two-thirds smaller and one-fifth the weight of comparable DSLR 35mm long zoom lenses
- 100-400mm F/4.0-6.3 LEICA VARIO-ELMAR high-performance lens for nature photography (200-800mm 35mm camera lens equivalent), Closest Focusing Distance : FULL:1.3m/4.27ft, LIMIT:5.0m/16.4ft, Maximum magnification : Approx. 0.25x / 0.5x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Ideally suited for the outdoors with a splash and dustproof sealed body. (When combined with splash and dustproof LUMIX G Mirrorless camera models)
- Impressive image stability with integrated LUMIX Power Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) and LUMIX Dual I.S. camera compatibility
- Integrated rotary tripod mount and built-in sliding lens hood
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
PANASONIC LUMIX G LENS, 25MM, F1.7 ASPH., MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, H-H025K (USA BLACK)
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f4.0 PRO Lens (Black)
Olympus M.ZUIKO 40-150mm f/2.8 Interchangeable PRO Lens for Olympus/Panasonic Micro 4/3 Cameras
Olympus MSC ED-M 75 to 300mm II f4.8-6.7 Zoom Lens
PANASONIC LUMIX G LEICA DG NOCTICRON LENS, 42.5MM, F1.2 ASPH., PROFESSIONAL MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, POWER OPTICAL I.S., H-NS043 (USA BLACK)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Focus Camera- Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||—||Olympus/Panasonic Micro 4/3||—||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds||Micro Four Thirds|
|Focus Type||auto-focus||auto-focus||auto-focus||Stepper motor||Micromotor||Stepper motor|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in||3.23 x 3.23 x 4.41 in||3.6 x 8.9 x 3.6 in||3.11 x 6.3 x 3.11 in||2.72 x 4.61 x 2.72 in||2.91 x 3.03 x 2.91 in|
|Item Weight||2.17 lbs||7.84 ounces||4.8 lbs||1.94 lbs||0.93 lb||0.94 lb|
|Lens Type||mirror-lens||all-in-one-zoom||super-telephoto||Zoom lens||Zoom lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||400||25 millimeters||300||150 millimeters||300 millimeters||43 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||100||25 millimeters||300||40 millimeters||75 millimeters||43 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||—||—||77 millimeters||72 millimeters||58 millimeters||67 millimeters|
Panasonic LUMIX Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds lenses deliver a no-compromise approach to optical performance for modern interchangeable camera enthusiasts. As an optical partner of legendary LEICA Lenses, the LUMIX *100-400mm F4.0-6.3 Lens features the highest standards of detail and sharpness. Built for the outdoors, this lens features a splash and dustproof design when mounted on a compatible LUMIX G Mirrorless camera. With Dual I.S. (Image Stabilization) compatibility you'll shoot with unprecedented hand-held stability. Make the switch from bulky DSLRs to the smaller, lighter, more compact Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds system cameras and lenses from Panasonic LUMIX. (*200-800mm 35mm Camera Lens Equivalent)
Legal DisclaimerPackage box pressured; lens not opened yet.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My decision to buy the Panasonic 100-400mm Zoom Lens over the other purchase options has also exceeded my expectations. The zoom range is the most apparent improvement but it's not what make this lens such a great choice. Unlike most zoom lenses which are less than tack sharp at the extremes of their zoom range, this lens is super sharp all the way out to 400mm (800mm equivalent). It doesn't matter if you're using it to photograph an up close dragonfly or a distant bird your photograph will be sharp (assuming you've made the correct exposure decisions).
The image stabilization is excellent as is the focusing which is extremely fast and accurate. I've even been able to do hand held focus stacking (thanks to Olympus Technology), with very good results (see attached dragonfly photo). As stated by other reviewers, the zoom is rather stiff but not unlike other professional lenses and is very acceptable in my opinion. Due to the limitations of the current focusing technology in 4/3 format this lens will not keep up with fast action like flying birds but then this is no surprise as I've had like results using my other lenses.
While I have never given a five star rating before, I highly recommend this lens to anyone who wants "near perfection" in an extreme zoom lens. Without a doubt this lens has exceeded my expectations and is worth 5 stars and it's rather exorbitant price tag.
Thank goodness I did that because this is a wonderful addition to our lens collection! Its a beautiful lens and works flawlessly but all that wont matter for me if its not sharp. Trust me this lens is VERY sharp and the colors are gorgeous!
The thing I see about this lens is it needs to be worked to its strengths. Its obviously not the fastest lens in the world especially at the long end so you need to have good light in order to get the best results out of it. If I have poor, dim, overcast condition light I'm going to use my Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro or 300mm F4.0 Pro lenses because they are a lot faster "although without the range on one or the zoom on the other". If I have good light this is the lens I will have mounted because its so versatile with that huge zoom range and is fully capable of producing stunning results!
*the zoom mechanism from 100-400 and back is stiff making focal length changes while shooting a moving subject an awkward task!
*vignetting or lens shading in the corners is very noticeable at 200-350 mm equiv. shooting at white sand beaches.
*Success rate nailing focus on flying birds using Continuous Auto Focus is very low with the EM-1, hopefully more practice shooting birds in flight and the future purchase of the new EM-1 MkII will give the needed fix so I can get higher percentage of in focus hits.
*Finally, $1799 pluse $150 California sales tax is too much for this lens--E-Bays current price of $1599 is about right.