Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 30, 2017
I've used this product for several things in the past. Brewed a pretty tasty peanut butter porter with it at one point. It loses a star here because this time I was trying to use it to lower the calorie and fat content in my morning protein shake. I usually make the shake the evening before and refrigerate it so it's nice and cold in the morning. I found that the lower oil content leads to my shake separating and not having as palatable a texture as with regular peanut butter. Still not a bad product, but for my use, not exceptional.
on December 11, 2014
I freaking love peanut butter and was looking for a powdered one to use in protein shakes for a little flavor. This works pretty good. It's a lot better (and healthier) than regular peanut butter. The taste is good and it doesn't make you feel like you're missing out on anything. I guess the only thing I have to say for the 4 star rating is it's a little expensive and sometimes can be hard to completely mix together.
But I will buy this again once I run out.
on March 24, 2017
great peanut butter substitute for far fewer calories, great with apples.
on February 16, 2016
Wasn't sure what to expect from this product but had heard positive things so decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised, while it has a different texture that a jar of regular peanut butter it totally satisfied my peanut butter craving. I've used it in baked goods, smoothies and on celery and its got the flavor that I had been missing since I gave up regular peanut butter. I'd recommend it.
on November 30, 2012
I just got my first jar, and immediately mixed a little bit to try it. Two parts powder and one part water is just about the right consistency. It's smooth, and tastes almost as good as Jif, only without the fat. Haven't tried this yet, but I bet mixing in a spoonful of honey would make it even better. I give it 5 stars, and am sure I will be reordering.

Update: yes, it is good with honey, and jelly, and with sliced tomato (I know, sounds wierd but try it). The only complaint is it is pricey, and will check the grocery store before reordering.

Final update: It's been about two months since I wrote the above. At that time I was having lots of gallbladder problems, and had to cut out all fats. The powder was a lifesaver. Since then the gallbladder has been removed (laproscopiic, easy peasy) and now I can eat real peanut butter again, which I do. However, I still keep a jar of this beside the jam jar. I sprinkle a little on top of my morning toast and jam. Smear around with the spoon a little to mix.. It still tastes great, and adds a little extra nutrition.
on February 21, 2016
Love this stuff. Amazing in smoothies, on toast, with fruit.... I'm a peanut butter addict, and I was very skeptical that this wouldn't live up to the taste of the stuff out of the jar. The texture might take a bit getting used to, but the flavor is amazing. Great for vegans looking for a bit of extra protein;) or those that love the taste but want to cut down on fat. My favorite way to eat it is in banana nice cream. Freeze spotty, ripe bananas, throw in a blender with a serving of PB2 and a tablespoon of cacoa powder, a few dates if you want it sweeter. So, so good.
on January 26, 2013
At first glance I thought "Urg, no, this will probably taste like dehydrated camping foods" but I was intrigued by 45 cals per 2 tablespoon serving, close to zero fats and sugars, and gluten free - so I ordered to give it a try. I am very pleased with this product! It mixes with water very smoothly and the taste and texture is very close to organic creamy peanut butter; even my husband didn't know the difference. I have already made protein smoothie, a spicy Thai noodle dish, a roasted pork tenderloin with peanut sauce, a peanut/yogurt dip for apples, and plain old peanut butter on celery with this. It is a wonderful a versatile product that is a godsend to those of us who are allergic to cereal grains, sensitive to sugar, and trying to keep the fats down to a healthy minimum. WELL DONE!
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2013
I bought this for making refrigerator oatmeal and am not disappointed. Not only is it much lower calorie but being a powder makes it much easier to mix into dry ingredients. This is yummy as a peanutbutter bannana oatmeal but I am sure it would work well for other things as well. It does seen to be spendy (it is a small jar) but seems to go far so that is misleading. This is a difficult to find (and more costly) item at the store so getting it online is a great way to get it.
on March 27, 2013
Taste is not on a par with a real peanut butter, but does compare with what you get on prepackaged peanut butter crackers. Acceptable, not great. But if you're even looking at PB2, odds are you're trying to lose a few pounds. In that case, this is a good addition to "acceptable snacks."

Part of my routine is to have something small to eat at 10AM and 3PM. Fruit, frozen EAS shakes and dry cereal are my mainstays, but I'm constantly on the lookout for variety.

I spread two servings (4 tablespoons) of PB2 on 2 pieces of gg crispbread, and it satisfies my hunger for a few hours with only about a hundred calories plus I get a good fiber bump. So I get 7.5 snacks from each jar...at $4.60, that's .61 for each 'double serving.'

So, tastes ok, low calorie, low cost, helps me avoid the oreo cravings. I will buy more, and look forward to trying the chocolate.
on April 10, 2015
This stuff is AMAZING!! I couldn't wait to try it, and it didn't disappoint. Dissolves smoothly, no chalky taste, because I was thinking "powder" I thought there might be, but it actually taste like peanut butter! I have now made smoothies, bases for soup, and a delectable peanut sauce, and got nothing but compliments! I love that this product is all natural too. Again, I was thinking it would taste of chemicals, but it just taste like fresh ground peanuts. And with 85% less calories than the jarred stuff, I can use this everyday with my post and pre-workout drinks without guilt. And exceptional product and will be buying lots more when this jar is gone!