Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: 6.5-Ounce|Change
Price:$4.21 - $143.89

Showing 1-10 of 1,479 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,689 reviews
on September 10, 2010
This is a tricky product to review. On the one hand, the flavor is great! (especially the choc. peanut butter). If I were rating it on flavor alone, I would give it five stars. However, I took one star off for the price and another star off for the quantity. It has 15 servings, with each serving being two Tablespoons. however, two tablespoons of the powder mixed with a little water only yields about 2 teaspoons of peanut butter. So if you are making peanut butter for a sandwich or for apples, you go through the jar pretty quick (only took me about two days). But if you are going to add it to a vanilla protein shake, the one serving adds a ton of flavor. So I would repurchase this but only for adding to shakes.
5252 comments| 729 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought this particular item as a gift for my god daughter who is a nutrionist and like to eat more healthy items. I too have eaten this product. I remember when it came out it was super hard to get. I could only get it on Amazon! Later stores like Whole Foods and other healthy living stores began to stock it making it easier to obtain. I ordered this through Amazon because they make it so easy to gift things to others. I love PB2 because it does contain less fat and calories... it tastes good...and it is so versatile. It is a powder... you add a tiny bit of water and voile! Peanut butter. You can make a tablespoon full or a more... 1/2 cup.. etc. My sister uses it a lot in her daycare business. You can make it more saucy (less of a spread and more of sauce) and add a bit of hot sauce of you choice and you've got a pad thai peanut sauce. You can add to smoothies. Oatmeal... the list goes on. I've even added a bit of coconut as a spread. Awesome! The peanut flavor is slight less strong as regular peanut butter. But I have also found that just a tiny pinch of sea salt develops a bit more flavor. Honestly, if you love peanut butter. you are trying to eat more healthy food, you really should get just one jar and try it. In the years since they first offered this peanut butter powder they have developed other flavors.. chocolate peanut butter powder.... cookie/crackers... etc. If you seach PB2, you can see what is available. Hope this is a little helpful
on December 2, 2014
For a decadent dieter's dessert last night, I paired PB2 with Hershey's sugar-free chocolate chips...yum!! I initially noticed PB2 at my local health food market but passed on it due to the store price so I was happy to find a better price online.

As an occasional low-carb dieter, I'm always on the hunt for innovative, delicious ways to keep on track. But hand me a jar of peanut butter with a spoon & I'm in serious portion-control trouble. What I appreciate about PB2 is that spooned portion-control is a snap & they press the peanuts to "remove 85% of the fat & oil"!! One serving of 2 tbsp is just 45 calories & 1.5 g of fat so I can indulge without any guilt.

PB2 tastes just like the real thing, or maybe even better. I don't miss the oily residue from conventional peanut butter anymore. One look at the clean, uncluttered label featuring just peanuts, sugar (less than 1g per serving), & salt excited me as I'm so tired of all the hydrogenated oils & synthetic junk in most peanut butter jars. The natural peanut butters tend to get too gloppy & hard to mix so imagine my delight when I could simply mix PB2 with a little water to make instantly healthy peanut butter. The texture is smooth & I don't feel like I have to keep mixing it for ages. As I travel quite a bit, I'm going to stash PB2 in my carry-on so I can easily mix it into milk for a quick, healthy hotel breakfast that is infinitely better than stale cinnamon rolls. I also can't wait to try this in a homemade protein & fruit smoothie!
on March 21, 2017
I love peanut butter yet I read all the reviews before I bought it. I heard this tasted like PB but without the fat, so why not I'll try it. I shouldn't have. Is it because I love peanut butter that this tastes like saw dust? Perhaps. Maybe if I wasn't such a fan of the real stuff I could deal with this one as there is almost no fat in it (and that's great for the waist line) but it doesn't even taste like peanut butter in my opinion. If you are more concerned about the fat content in peanut butter then this is for you..If you prefer the taste of peanut butter more than you are worried about the fat content, then this is not for you. Just eat the real stuff but not so much is you are worried about the fat grams...
on March 3, 2017
The website gives wonderful recipes for this product and it works great in all types of cooking and baking. I am very happy with the results that I have achieved with this powder and it also is a great topping for waffles, oatmeal, smoothies, etc. I intend to try all the flavors. It is much better for my purposes than keeping a jar of peanut butter around and I hope this is not discontinued.
on April 11, 2016
I highly recommend this product, especially in protein shakes. I always mix milk, whey protein powder, and two tablespoons of peanut butter to my post-workout shakes. This time I tried this powdered peanut butter and it exceeded my expectations. I will definitely be using this as an alternative to peanut butter when mixed with water. Not only does it save calories, but the taste is exceptional and can be used with many other foods as a delicious and healthier peanut butter substitute.
on August 27, 2014
I bought this Nov. of 2012, opened it, used it for a little while then stuck it up in the cupboard of my RV and forgot all about it. I found it a couple weeks ago. I was astounded to find it's still fresh, tastes just fine, and I'm eating it with no ill effects whatsoever (amazing considering it's about 120 degrees in the motorhome for many months of the year). I bought it when I was on an ultra-low-fat diet, and since I'm returning to it (sadly, the Paleo diet hasn't worked for me), I was most happy to reacquaint myself with this marvelous product.

BTW, for anyone who might be interested, prior to buying the PB2 I got the book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure, by Dr. Esselstyn, which eliminates nearly ALL fat from the diet, along with processed foods. The book is fascinating, based on his work with people dying of heart disease, at death's door. Although it was, will be cheating a tiny bit to incorporate the PB2, I plan to shave a few fat calories elsewhere. This diet worked spectacularly well for me, I lost 30 pounds in a matter of months, like 10 lbs a month, felt better and my blood pressure and bad cholesterol went down.

But over the last couple of years I've... slipped, gained back a few pounds. I read up on the Paleo diet, and since I love meat, eggs, etc. I gave it a try. As I said, it simply doesn't work for me, perhaps it's my genotype. I've determined that I simply can't mix carbs and fats, one or the other has to go (and since fat has more than twice the calories of carbs, and since I need to shed pounds, it's a no-brainer as to which). When on the Esselstyn diet, I added very small amounts of ground turkey breast (e.g., to vegetarian chili, to make tacos, etc.), used Kraft fat-free cheese too, and nonfat Greek yoghurt, especially the plain as a sour cream substitute (I love it, actually prefer it to sour cream, use it as a veggie dip too). These technically aren't permitted any more than the PB2, but the diet worked anyway as long as I didn't go overboard.

Anyway, the PB2 is like peanut butter on steroids- super-concentrated flavor (of course it would be, with all the liquids removed). What I mainly wanted to say is that I don't bother to mix it with water. I spread "no sugar added" jam (such as Smucker's Simply Fruit), something decadent yet healthy (organic would be better, of course), on good bread (such as Dave's), then sprinkle the PB2 lightly over the jam. Amazing how little is needed- the flavor is so concentrated and rich a little goes a long way. I use maybe a level tablespoon or so. Tastes great, and at least to me just like a normal PB&J. I'm sure there are other things that could be done with it, like sprinkling it on Greek nonfat yoghurt, regular or frozen. All the satisfying taste of peanut butter (even MORE), without all the fat! This stuff ROCKS!
Enthusiast: Cookingon March 23, 2014
I have heard and read awesome reviews for this product. I ordered it with great anticipation but noticed the seal was not fully secured. No biggie. It was easy to print out a return label to ship back for refund. I will be ordering another. Otherwise, from the packaging and the smell of the product…it looks just like it says and more. Looking forward to replacement. I will repost later when I try it.
on February 1, 2014
So I have been ordering from Amazon for years, I get diapers and wipes constantly for my two year old and basically everything in between. My husband says my house looks like UPS on a daily basis. This is the only product I have ever felt this compelled to review. I am currently counting calories, it's the only thing that works for me to lose weight. I absolutely love peanut butter and it has always been the thing I missed the most when calorie counting. Then I came across PB2. I've tried MULTIPLE other DISGUSTING alternatives to peanut butter. This is hands down the best one I've ever tried! Because I'm so psyched about the find I'm not worried about the amount of powder or the price, but I'm sure it will bug me too. At least I know this product is worth it. You can make the peanut butter as thick or thin as you like depending on how much water you add. I like mine on the thicker side. Put that and fluff (which is low cal too) between two pieces of low cal bread and voila! Heaven! Don't hesitate to at least give this a try!
on December 9, 2012
I ordered a case of this since I use it all of the time and it was a good deal. But, unfortunatately, most of the jars that I have opened are not fresh. They expiration date is good until 2014. I thought that it might have just been one bad one in the bunch, so opened a few more to see...and they all taste like rancid peanuts. Ick. Now my return window has closed for a full refund. Obviously, I wouldn't have finished 12 jars in 30 days. Next time, I will order by the 2-pack.