Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 16, 2016
Wasn't sure what to expect from this product but had heard positive things so decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised, while it has a different texture that a jar of regular peanut butter it totally satisfied my peanut butter craving. I've used it in baked goods, smoothies and on celery and its got the flavor that I had been missing since I gave up regular peanut butter. I'd recommend it.
on November 30, 2012
I just got my first jar, and immediately mixed a little bit to try it. Two parts powder and one part water is just about the right consistency. It's smooth, and tastes almost as good as Jif, only without the fat. Haven't tried this yet, but I bet mixing in a spoonful of honey would make it even better. I give it 5 stars, and am sure I will be reordering.

Update: yes, it is good with honey, and jelly, and with sliced tomato (I know, sounds wierd but try it). The only complaint is it is pricey, and will check the grocery store before reordering.

Final update: It's been about two months since I wrote the above. At that time I was having lots of gallbladder problems, and had to cut out all fats. The powder was a lifesaver. Since then the gallbladder has been removed (laproscopiic, easy peasy) and now I can eat real peanut butter again, which I do. However, I still keep a jar of this beside the jam jar. I sprinkle a little on top of my morning toast and jam. Smear around with the spoon a little to mix.. It still tastes great, and adds a little extra nutrition.
on February 21, 2016
Love this stuff. Amazing in smoothies, on toast, with fruit.... I'm a peanut butter addict, and I was very skeptical that this wouldn't live up to the taste of the stuff out of the jar. The texture might take a bit getting used to, but the flavor is amazing. Great for vegans looking for a bit of extra protein;) or those that love the taste but want to cut down on fat. My favorite way to eat it is in banana nice cream. Freeze spotty, ripe bananas, throw in a blender with a serving of PB2 and a tablespoon of cacoa powder, a few dates if you want it sweeter. So, so good.
on January 26, 2013
At first glance I thought "Urg, no, this will probably taste like dehydrated camping foods" but I was intrigued by 45 cals per 2 tablespoon serving, close to zero fats and sugars, and gluten free - so I ordered to give it a try. I am very pleased with this product! It mixes with water very smoothly and the taste and texture is very close to organic creamy peanut butter; even my husband didn't know the difference. I have already made protein smoothie, a spicy Thai noodle dish, a roasted pork tenderloin with peanut sauce, a peanut/yogurt dip for apples, and plain old peanut butter on celery with this. It is a wonderful a versatile product that is a godsend to those of us who are allergic to cereal grains, sensitive to sugar, and trying to keep the fats down to a healthy minimum. WELL DONE!
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2013
I bought this for making refrigerator oatmeal and am not disappointed. Not only is it much lower calorie but being a powder makes it much easier to mix into dry ingredients. This is yummy as a peanutbutter bannana oatmeal but I am sure it would work well for other things as well. It does seen to be spendy (it is a small jar) but seems to go far so that is misleading. This is a difficult to find (and more costly) item at the store so getting it online is a great way to get it.
on March 27, 2013
Taste is not on a par with a real peanut butter, but does compare with what you get on prepackaged peanut butter crackers. Acceptable, not great. But if you're even looking at PB2, odds are you're trying to lose a few pounds. In that case, this is a good addition to "acceptable snacks."

Part of my routine is to have something small to eat at 10AM and 3PM. Fruit, frozen EAS shakes and dry cereal are my mainstays, but I'm constantly on the lookout for variety.

I spread two servings (4 tablespoons) of PB2 on 2 pieces of gg crispbread, and it satisfies my hunger for a few hours with only about a hundred calories plus I get a good fiber bump. So I get 7.5 snacks from each jar...at $4.60, that's .61 for each 'double serving.'

So, tastes ok, low calorie, low cost, helps me avoid the oreo cravings. I will buy more, and look forward to trying the chocolate.
on April 10, 2015
This stuff is AMAZING!! I couldn't wait to try it, and it didn't disappoint. Dissolves smoothly, no chalky taste, because I was thinking "powder" I thought there might be, but it actually taste like peanut butter! I have now made smoothies, bases for soup, and a delectable peanut sauce, and got nothing but compliments! I love that this product is all natural too. Again, I was thinking it would taste of chemicals, but it just taste like fresh ground peanuts. And with 85% less calories than the jarred stuff, I can use this everyday with my post and pre-workout drinks without guilt. And exceptional product and will be buying lots more when this jar is gone!
on May 2, 2017
It tastes fine and is a great additive to smoothies, but lacks the nutrition of full-fat peanut butter.
on June 10, 2013
The best peanut butter I have ever eaten. I love the fact that I can make it whatever consistency I like simply by adding more or less water. I created a simple protein shake of my own devising.

Simple Peanut Butter Protein Shake

One Cup Soy Milk
One 1" slice of Firm Tofu
Two tablespoons of this peanut butter

Add soy milk and tofu to blender and blend until liquid.
Add peanut butter and blend again just to mix.

Protein is 21g. Calories 245.

Note: do not substitute some other type of vegetarian milk as it won't give enough protein. Also, use firm or extra firm tofu because softer tofu makes the shake too runny and also because it has less protein.

This can be made in bigger batches and stored for up two 48 hours.
on November 12, 2017
Love this, but dont buy it online, we tried twice and it doesnt taste the same as from the store.