|Screen Size||27 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||2560 x 1440|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.04 shipping
ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 PLS/ IPS DisplayPort HDMI DVI-D VGA Ergonomic Back-lit LED Monitor
|Price:||$396.81 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Impeccable lifelike visuals with 27" 16:9 2560 x 1440 with 100% sRGB and 178° wide-viewing angle
- ASUS Eye care technology with Flicker free for less Eye fatigue; Ergonomically-designed stand with Tilt,Swivel,Pivot,Height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for comfortable viewing position
- Extensive connectivity with native WQHD content support with HDMI, DisplayPort, and Dual-link DVI
- ASUS-exclusive QuickFit Virtual Scale and Splendid Video Intelligence Technology for true 'what you see is what you get'
- ASUS Rapid Replacement: 3 Years Warranty, 2 way free shipping
|Product Alert: IPS (In-Plane-Switching) is a technology for LCD displays that offers users wider viewing angles and bolder colors by allowing more light to pass through the panel. As a result, IPS panels can exhibit a slight glow around the edges and corners (also known as light bleed), which is entirely normal.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 PLS/ IPS DisplayPort HDMI DVI-D VGA Ergonomic Back-lit LED Monitor
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Display Size||27 inches||25 inches||24 inches||27 inches|
|Display Resolution Maximum||2560 x 1440||2560 x 1440 Pixels||1920 x 1080||2560x1440 Pixels|
|Item Weight||19.4 pounds||22 pounds||12.13 pounds||Information not provided|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
PB278Q PLS LED WQHD Monitor
From Concept to Creation: Precision to the Finest Detail
Delivering four times the pixel resolution of HD, the 27-inch ASUS PB278Q is a 2560 by 1440 Wide Quad High Definition (WQHD) monitor that brings incredible definition to your games, videos, and everything else you do. The PLS panel enables more pristine image quality with a 178-degree viewing angle to easily share what’s on screen with others. Featuring 100% reproduction in the sRGB color space and ASUS QuickFit that overlays commonly-used print formats on screen, this feature-filled monitor lets you design detailed graphics with precise color accuracy. What’s more, the PB278Q supports the latest display connectivity for WQHD visuals with HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI ports. Complementing its high-definition visuals, it’s built with two 3-watt speakers for high-quality audio playback. For enhanced ergonomics and comfort, the PB278Q features full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments to suit your preferred viewing angle. Experience the true-to-life visuals that will reset your expectations of monitor capabilities.
Wide Quad High Definition
Delivering four times the pixel resolution of HD, the 27-inch ASUS PB278Q is a 2560 by 1440 Wide Quad High Definition (WQHD) monitor that brings incredible definition to your games, videos, and everything else you do.
The PLS panel provides an ultra-wide 178-degree viewing angle and a superior matrice design compared to other panels for enhanced definition and detail.
The PB278Q supports the latest display connectivity for up to 2560 by 1440 WQHD resolution with HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI ports.
For enhanced ergonomics and comfort, the PB278Q features full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments to suit your preferred viewing angle.
Advanced OSD Controls
Along with easy-to-use navigation, contrast ratio, and ultra-fast input switching controls, the ASUS QuickFit feature overlays commonly-used print formats on screen to easily preview photos and documents in their actual sizes without having to print.
Splendid Video Intelligence Technology
ASUS Splendid optimizes color and image fidelity and corrects sharpness, color and contrast to produce enhanced visuals. Five preset modes selected via the Splendid hotkey on the front bezel.
- 27-inch 2560x1440 WQHD PLS LED panel delivers four times the resolution of HD and a 178-degree viewing angle
- 100% sRGB color reproduction for true color definition
- Extensive connectivity via HDMI 1.4*, DisplayPort 1.2, and Dual-link DVI for native support up to WQHD resolution
- 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio dynamically adjusts between black and white for sharper and brighter visuals
- Two 3-watt speakers for high-quality audio playback
- VESA mountable design and 4-way ergonomic adjustments enable pivot, height, swivel, and tilt adjustments
- Advanced OSD controls and QuickFit provides easy monitor control and commonly-used layout formats directly on screen for more accurate sizing without printing
- 3 year system warranty, 3 year panel warranty, 1 year Zero Bright Dot guarantee, ASUS Rapid Replacement
- Panel Type: PLS panel
- Panel Size: 27-inch Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio)
- True Resolution: 2560x1440
- Color Saturation: 100% (sRGB)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm
- Brightness(Max): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 80,000,000:1
- Display Color: 16.7 million
- Viewing Angle (CR>=10): 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Response Time: 5ms (Gray-to-Gray)
- Video Features:
- Splendid Video Preset Modes (5 modes)
- Color Temperature (4 modes)
- HDCP Support
- Support Gamma 2.2 & 1.8
- QuickFit (4 modes)
- Splendid Video Preset Modes (5 modes)
- Convenient Hotkey:
- Splendid Video Preset Mode Selection
- Auto Adjustment
- Brightness Adjustment
- Input Selection
- Splendid Video Preset Mode Selection
- Signal Input: HDMI 1.4/ DisplayPort 1.2, Dual-link DVI, and D-Sub
- PC Audio Input: 5 mm Mini-jack
- AV Audio Input: HDMI 1.4
- Earphone Jack: 3.5 mm mini-jack
- Analog Signal Frequency: 24 ~ 89kHz(H)/ 50 ~ 75 Hz(V)
- Digital Signal Frequency: 24 ~ 89KHz(H)/ 50 ~ 75 Hz(V)
- Power Consumption: Normal < 60 W ; Power Saving Mode ≤ 0.5 W; Power off mode: 0.5 W (hard switch)
- Chassis Colors: Black
- Tilt: -5-degress ~ + 20-degrees
- Swivel: +60-degrees ~ -60-degrees
- Pivot: 90-degrees (clockwise)
- Height Adjustment: 0 ~ 120mm
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100mm x 100mm
- Security: Kensington Lock
- Phys. Dimension (W x H x D): 25.3x21.7x8.6–inches
- Weight (estimated): 19.4 lbs
- Regulation Approval: Energy Star, TCO 5.2, UL/cUL, CB, CE, FCC, CCC, ISO9241-307, BSMI, Gost-R, C-Tick, VCCI, PSE, J-MOSS, RoHS, Windows 7 WHQL
What's in the Box
- ASUS PB278Q PLS LED WQHD Monitor
- Dual-link DVI Cable
- VGA Cable
- HDMI Cable
- Audio Cable
- DisplayPort Cable
- Power Cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
* 2560x1440 WQHD resolution supported with select graphics cards only. Check graphic card information for support details.
Top Customer Reviews
Thank your for your time in posting a review about our products. On behalf of ASUS, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are sorry to hear that you had a problem with the second monitor. Let me assist you on this matter. Was there any physical damage when you receive the monitor or was the cables were properly connected? Can we also have a photo of the unit having a black-light bleeding? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and place case #N150519880 in the subject line for a reference.
Thank you for choosing ASUS!
ASUS Customer Loyalty
My next issue is that I spent an hour submitting and resubmitting my case to the Asus website... which did everything it could to make my entering of information difficult and ensure I was human but didn't do nearly enough to actually accept and process my case. All I could get after doing this approximately 4 times with a ton of issues along the way, was an error after the submission with no other feedback. I assume that because i never got an email from them saying the case was received that I had done this so many times for no reason at all. And I refuse to sit on the phone for hours and hours getting little to no help like the other reviewers with issues did. I'm extremely technical and did everything possible to save this monitor from needing to go back but not having the color black and living with everything looking like it has a white film over it is unacceptable for a 600 dollar piece of equipment, especially when the 170 dollar Samsung WUXGA monitor next to it has much better color while not being special enough to sit on the same desk.Read more ›
I had narrowed it down between Asus and Samsung. The Samsung is the most aesthetically pleasing IMHO, but the fact that its stand is non-adjustable and non-VESA is what ultimately made me stay away from it. However, the main reason I went with Asus was mainly because it seems to be getting the best recommendation from all the tech websites. Tom's Hardware has a 10 page in-depth review of it.
Putting it together is a breeze. The mount is already on so all you need to do is use the turn screw for the base and you're done. A 3 minute job if you know what you're doing. The stand is well built and can be adjusted in all sorts of angles, all the way to portrait. It has the best stand out of all the 4K monitors.
Your connections are limited to DisplayPort, HDMI x2, and MHL. Some might consider this a con, but really if you're purchasing this monitor it's assumed that you have a rig with DisplayPort 1.2 that's capable of 4K 60Hz. 30Hz is unusable for a majority of people out there (which is why I recommend to stay the hell away from the Dell). However, trying to get 60Hz is where the fun begins.Read more ›
1 week using it and here is my review:
A- Bezel frame: Thin (~1.5cm from all sides) and with matte finish. Compared to my ASUS VG278H whose frame is a bit thicker but full reflective plastic.
B- Monitor stand: Made of matte plastic, now I am guilt-free for placing the center speaker right under the monitor on its stand not fearing to scratch it.
C- Adjustment: As you probably know, you can adjust the height and tilt of the monitor (i don't care about the 90 degree rotation really), you must know this feature of height & tilt adjustment is crucial for TN type monitors to give you the best "sweet spot" to get best picture possible.
D- Function Keys: Many pro reviewers said ASUS should move the keys to the bottom instead of the weird behind the monitor new location. I agree with that. But I don't agree with the pro reviewers that this caused them to press the on/off multiple times while trying to adjust the monitor specs, this never happened with me. Lets face it, pro youtube reviewers review like 100 things a week, they go on fast and clumsy when testing so yes it does happen with them, but when you are the final owner and you adjust the monitor to your liking, this should not happen with you.
USING THIS 4K BEAST
A- TN Panel: Compared to my other ASUS VG278H (using at home) and ASUS VE278Q (using at work), this 4K monitor has excellent viewing angels like them, if not a tiny slightly hard-to-see better than them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1800 reviews of this monitor. What can I add to the mix? I love this monitor, it is a delight to work with, to play with. I am more than pleased. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Scott P Sinclair
It is an excellent monitor. Having said that, for the price, I am not impressed and don't feel the extra cost was worth the, to me, not noticeable difference in image quality. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Soots
This 1440p monitor is amazing to view! I love the size and I love the picture. I may need to buy second or third for my office.Published 7 days ago by Matt G.
It came to me with terrible crosshatching in the bottom right corner. While lines all the way across the screen.Published 8 days ago by Anthony
Beautiful screen but it can take a while to get the colors right. Google around and load some different setting configurations before you plan to use it for gaming.Published 10 days ago by alex giachetti
Don't really know why I'm giving it five stars... it's caused me to spend way too much time gaming and it almost blocks my view of the 65" TV!Published 11 days ago by Rylan DeMarco
This is our third ASUS monitor to purchase. Great colors and definition.Published 12 days ago by WTX
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.