BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2011
I needed to take pictures of a few souvenirs so I bought a tent and two sets of these lights. Each light came in several plain white boxes and had to be assembled. There were no instructions but they were not really needed - the assembly was easy. The disassembly for storage and transportation is just as easy. There were four components for each unit - a stand (with a black carrying case), lamp socket with cord, reflector and bulb. The bulbs must be handled carefully. When screwing them in, it is important to rotate them by the base and not the white glass beams, which could easily be cracked or broken. I wanted to buy inexpensive gear for occasional shoots. Perhaps not heavy duty enough for every day professional use and abuse, these lights are sturdy and of decent quality, much better than I expected for the money I paid. The pictures came out great. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on December 29, 2014
This little kit is quite the thing for small scale photography. Assembly was very simple, and I thought the price was extremely fair if not very generous for what you receive. I enjoy the small bags for the stands, and decided to keep the cardboard boxes for the lamp housing. The folding stands are a bit tricky to open and close, and be careful not to get your fingers crushed in them when opening and closing them. They can be difficult to slide, do so gently when operating. The lights provided are very bright, @ 5500K. I would advise people to hand tighten (aka don't over tighten) the connections to avoid stripping or damaging any connections. These are stationary, absolutely no need to go all crazy when tightening things really hard, use just enough pressure to keep things from moving. I plan on using this kit for shooting various objects and art inside of a light tent (I was super tired of using clip lamps attached to chairs). I highly recommend this kit for home use, but don't expect it for SUPER pro lighting situations. I imagine you might be able to use this for portraiture lighting, but certainly for shooting in a light tent.
on May 13, 2014
The item arrived promptly and far before the Amazon delivery estimate. It was as described. The light bulbs were shipped separately and I had to mount them into their sockets.

I had one trouble: upon firing up one of the lights the light bulb flickered for a second and went off. Its electronics part in the base smelled like burned cables. I suspect that the bulb was defective - none of this was the seller's fault. Nonetheless, when I contacted the seller they replied within hours saying that they were sorry that I had experienced problems with my bulb and promising to ship a new replacement bulb. Which they did within a day... and I received the replacement within a couple more days. I was up and running - back in business again.

We've been using the photo lights for a few days now and so far so good. I am not a professional photographer and I don't know if these lights are one of the better choices for good in-door product photography but I can tell you that they are exactly as depicted in the product photos here on Amazon and the description matches. I think for the price they will do a good job.

Finally, my review is not mainly about the product itself (which I like so far) but about the seller. I have been very pleased with the seller based on my first experience and interactions with them!
If you do camera stills for eBay, Pinterest friendly photos, or if you do pictures for food photography these lights will be more than sufficient for you to use. They are good quality, adjustable, and offer soft light. They store easily too. Good value for the price.
on November 19, 2012
These lamps were purchased to replace a pair of old tungsten lamps our company's lab was using in its photography section. The lamps arrived promptly, and were easy to install. However, one of the lamps had a faulty on-off switch which not only meant the light wouldn't stay on if you bumped it, but it also could prove a safety risk. I immediately called the company I purchased them through and I received excellent customer service! They gave me a few simple procedures to follow (testing the light bulb to make sure it wasn't faulty, etc.) and then sent us a replacement light. Both lights work excellently now and are an improvement on the old lights as they have a nice clear white light, and do not overheat. They are good for the price, and I for one can report having a positive customer service experience. Will purchase from this company again in future.
on August 4, 2013
I bought these lights to use with my new photo tent, for photographing jewelry. The lights are great - bulbs are very bright, reflectors deep enough to protect bulbs and direct light very well, stand height is very easy to adjust. I love the long cords, and the on/off button inline, up close to the light itself, makes it easy to turn them on and off. Not a great deal of heat. Ball tilt control is easy to adjust. Everything was well packed, the bulbs were well protected and arrived safely. Wishing now I had bought a third for overhead - may do so yet.
on September 12, 2012
I bought these lights to use with a 30 inch tabletop photo tent. They arrived packaged very well and stands seem to be high quality. They are adjustable to almost 3 times the height. Just be careful if you are raising them up to their highest height because the base is a little narrow, I tipped one over and broke the CFL. The bulbs that came with the stands are quite bright. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase.
on August 29, 2012
I can't even tell why there is a bad review here for this product. It's amazing! It doesn't fall, the lamps came assembled, so there was no way to break them, they do look very sturdy and well made. They create a PERFECT little studio and give amazingly bright white light. They can be either very short or rather tall. And the price is amazing! Very good quality, I couldn't be happier!
on November 26, 2014
Like the construction and the fact that the globes extend past the bulbs. The bulbs that ship with the kit are not bright enough to properly illuminate a light tent though.
on April 9, 2017
The lights were bright

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.