- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc (October 1, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568843488
- ISBN-13: 978-1568843483
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 1.2 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,159,190 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
PC Roadkill Paperback – October 1, 1995
A tremendous compendium of computer humor, failed ad campaigns, very embarrassing gossip, and inside stories and techniques:
- a hard-drive manufacturer that filled its warehouse with boxes full of bricks so investors would think business was good. The ruse worked... for awhile;
- how to spy on competitors at trade shows;
- canonical interview questions at companies like Microsoft;
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
you also will), I was amazed to realize that, in about
twenty years, we built not only a personal computer industry,
but a true folklore, complete with tales for all kinds of
Those of us old enough to remember will find the book deeply
nostalgic. And all you "new kids on the block" will be amused at
some of the things we used to consider "state-of-the-art"...
Anyway, very, very funny (the old ads alone are worth the
price of the book). A Must Buy!!!