Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on November 1, 2012
wasn't sure what to expect due to the mixed reviews. here's what i've come up with....you want a very basic smart phone that is (so far) reliable? you got it. it's not blazing fast, but is pretty quick to perform all functions, as i say, basic. it's going to take longer to load pages with video, etc...but basic web browsing, pre-installed games, and all other tasks, i have no complaints about. personally, i like the keyboard. i've always had a blackberry curve, and this is very similar in structure. screen size is a little bigger, but it's also great that you can turn the device sideways and widen the screen for better viewing. videos, music, etc, play well. touch screen is pretty accurate. really, you can't beat it for twice the price. remember, it's a 40 dollar phone. don't buy it and expect it to perform like a new iphone. that would be just plain stupid, but if you just need the basics, this will definitely work for you.
on December 24, 2013
I got one of these for three reasons: I wanted to try a phone with Android and a keyboard. I wanted to try Sprint/Virgin Mobile again because they said their coverage was improved. And I found one of these at Amazon for $15.00 plus shipping--under @5.00 in all.

I found the combination of the keyboard and touchscreen very usable. This keyboard is one of the better ones on such a phone. Unfortunately, that still leaves the keyboard inferior to my old Nokia E5, or all the non-smartphones that have QWERTY keyboards. Still it offers faster typing than virtual keyboards on anything smaller than a 3.5" screen

Unfortunately, I still found that where I work is in a near deadzone for Sprint. I considered looking into getting this flashed to Cricket, but since they had a similar phone with a slightly bigger screen, and managed to get it for about $50.00, I didn't. I replaced that phone with a more typical Android phone because the keyboard, though faster in ideal conditions was unusable it the light wasn't perfect. I might have held off longer on changing if I had worked with this one.

The keyboard has drawn a lot of criticism, but it is a very good size for both one and two-finger use, while slide-out ones are generally too wide for one-finger. But the wedge-shaped keys designed for thumb use are actually problematic if you do the one-finger typing that phones often call for, or use fingernails as likely with large fingers. The numbers are near-illegible, but the arrangement is standard, and when you are dialing you use the onscreen keypad anyway.

The other criticism has been battery life, and it is shockingly short compared to my old Nokia or the non-smartphones I have had. But compared to two subsequent Android phones I've used, and comparing notes with friends who have a nice Samsung phone and an iPhone, this isn't that bad--the worst, but not by much. I suspect a cheap phone like this draws people moving from old school smartphones and non-smartphones, used to going days between charging, while people using expensive smartphones for a while have developed strategies for keeping them charged.

Mine has some problems with the headphone jack. It works with headphones, but not with most external speakers I've tried. That is probably why I was able to get the used one so cheap, but it might indicate something likely to break on a new one or perfect used one.

And I find that it has very little internal storage. That isn't really a serious constraint on adding apps, because a lot will fit on even a 2GB micro SD card and the phone will take up to 32GB. But a lot of the factory installed apps will not move off internal storage. I find I can't upgrade one because the new version is about twice the size of the original.

A really good-looking phone, and inexpensive, if you can live with its limitations.
on February 7, 2013
I purchased this phone for my daughter's 13th birthday. I was looking for an Android phone that wasn't too pricy but had enough features to keep a teen happy. This covered all bases! The combination touch-screen and QWERTY keyboard are easy to use for small hands and Android Gingerbread offers the features and speed that my teen daughter enjoys. The monthly cost works for me as well - I chose the $35 plan which includes 300 minutes, and unlimited data and texting. Since my daughter texts and uses email more than she talks this is a great phone at a great plan that works for Mom and teen.
on January 9, 2013
I bought my mother this phone after coming off of Sprint with a Blackberry (a very faulty one). I wanted to introduce her to touch screen, but she still wanted a keyboard to type on. its a slow responding device that often gets frozen and doesn't send text messages on occasion (though I blame the virgin mobile coverage on this one). The photo quality is pretty terrible but she doesn't take too many pictures. If I could, I'd buy her a new phone but my budget is lacking. I thank Amazon for the lowered price though, it's a little more expensive at our local virgin support store. I'm not sure If i'd recommend this phone to my mother again, but for those who don't want to do much but call and text with a limited touch screen, this is for you.
on December 10, 2012
This phone can do just about everything all my other smart phones could do. I can access YouTube, Facebook, e-mail and I can Google. The only thing I can't do is play Facebook games and I cant get instagram. The camera is not the best but I use it to post pics on Facebook. The battery life is ok., and sound quality is good. Over all this little phone gets the job done.
on November 30, 2012
I needed a phone fast but couldn't spend a lot of money at the time, so I bought this with the intention of getting a nicer phone a few months later. Instead within 4 weeks I got a different phone cause this phone was junk. The battery died within 1 hr of having it off the charger, less then an hour if I was actually using the phone. I don't recomend this phone. The saying is true "you get what you pay for".
on March 8, 2013
Not a bad phone for someone just starting out with an android, but the battery does die very quickly. I have to disable the data to conserve the battery. Keypad is very small, so you need to be careful when texting to avoid mistakes. Overall, it is an okay phone, but if you have a little more money, it is probably worth it to invest in something a little nicer.
on May 26, 2014
This phone outlasts the rest, long battery life, my last obe lasted for over 2 years so I bought another and my new one is just as perfect
Battery does not overheat and this too will last two years I'm sure. Great purchase for the pricetag!
on November 26, 2012
This phone is a good phone although it could be better. the batter life sucks and you cant get instagram but the screen is a good size.

update: the phone is really slow with apps downloaded onto it, i have to charge it at least 6 times a day even if i dont use it. i would not recommend this phone to any of my friends!!!!
on November 21, 2012
purchased the phone threw amazon in september have sent it back 2 times to p.c.d and finally after 2 months getto use it barely the battery is so bad it doesnt even last longer than 3 hours so dont let the box fool u been a virgin mobile customer for over 3 years the worse produce i have ever bought ....aggravated customer