- Brand Name: Asus
- Model Number: XONAR_DX/XD/A / 90-YAA060-1UAN00Z
- Hardware Platform: Pc
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ASUS PCI-Express x1 7.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR_DX/XD/A/90-YAA060-1UAN00Z
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 116dB for front-out, 112dB for other channels dB;
- Input Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 112 dB; Output THD+N at 1kHz: 0.00056% (-105dB) for Front-out
- Input THD+N at 1kHz: 0.0004% (-108dB) for Line-in;
- Frequency Response (-3dB, 24-bit/96kHz input): <10Hz to 48KHz; Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage: 2 Vrms (5.65 Vp-p)
- Audio Processor: ASUS AV100 High-Definition Sound Processor (Max. 192KHz/24bit);
- 24-bit D-A Converter of Digital Sources: 1x Cirrus-Logic CS4398 for Front-Out(120dB SNR, Max.192kHz/24bit), 1x Cirrus-Logic;
- CS4362A for other 6 channels; 24-bit A-D Converter for Analog Inputs: 1x Cirrus-Logic CS5361 (114dB SNR, Max. 192kHz/24bit);
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
About a year ago, I started using headphones heavily on my PC and became dissatisfied with the noisy onboard audio. I thought the best way to resolve this was to get an external USB DAC/headphone amp. While I got amazing sound, it wasn't quite as convenient as I expected it to be and decided a discrete audio card was probably my best choice. I settled on the Asus Xonar DX PCI Express card.
- Stellar 116 dB SNR for front audio ports (112 dB for rear)
- Front panel header
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx and Dolby Headphone support
- Low profile bracket included in addition to regular height
- Great sound quality via a pair of Cirrus Logic DAC's
- Requires floppy-style Molex 4-pin connector for power
- Does not autodetect headphone insertion
- Software-based EAX 5.0 support
I badly wanted to get an ASUS Xonar Essence STX Card, or comparable card with a built-in headphone amp and very high quality DAC. Unfortunately, I found it hard to justify parting with $200.Read more ›
I already had a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty in one system, so I only ordered one of these at first to test and compare. It works perfectly, and sounds incredible! The sound is far better than the X-Fi in the other (otherwise completely identical, including speakers) system.
So, I ordered a second card. The original vendor was out of stock, but another vendor was available. However: This card would not properly stay in the slot when attached to the backplane. I tried bending the back support and everything I could think of, but I simply could not get it to stay properly seated.
Therefore I have taken one star off this review for erratic build quality - the full-height back attachment on the second card simply could not be made to properly seat the card.
I have ordered a third card. The first sounds so good I am trying again. I will update this review when it arrives.
UPDATE: The third card fell in between the other two: I had to bend the full-height back attachment a bit, but it fits and sounds fantastic!
Three notes for anyone planning to buy this card:
1) It requires a separate power connection (note the top back corner), using a standard floppy disk plug. I also had to play with which power supply connection to ensure the card is getting enough power - my initial attempt to "daisy chain" the connection off a strand that had several other devices attached did not work.
2) The best drivers are not on the ASUS website.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
well got this sound card for the Razer Tiamat 7.1 – Analog 7.1 headphone because look up what card it would work with . I try the Razer Tiamat 7.1 – Analog 7. Read morePublished 4 months ago by RTB
Well it may not be exactly the top dog in sound cards but it is a very very good sound card and especially good if you have been using creative brand cards for awhile (like I have)... Read morePublished 5 months ago by B. Ablia
Purchased because it is the lowest price ASUS sound card that provided frequency specifications.
Does need external power. Read more
I installed it, Worked well for few minutes and died. I asked Amazon to replace it and at the time I was writing this review Amazon was about to send me a replacement. Read morePublished 6 months ago by JOSE Cabrera
I am using these with Razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones. So far, this combo has been the best at allowing me to hear other players and tell directionally where they are and as they move,... Read morePublished 8 months ago by BgNH
The sounds are wow you feel like your in the game .get Razer Tiamat Over Ear 7.1 Surround Sound PC Gaming HeadsetRazer Tiamat Over Ear 7.1 Surround Sound PC Gaming HeadsetPublished 8 months ago by Glen S.
Amazing sound card. Really has the power to make my pair of sennheisers sound greaaaat!Published 9 months ago by Chris W.
Excellent for my Linux box, you may need 3.14 kernel or later but that's no problem as I had 4.1.12 on my Xubunth 14. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Jewfromdahood